Coincidence or is some one out to get us or am I paranoid?

Linkat

Reply Fri 30 Sep, 2011 08:35 pm
Just a week or two ago my husband had a flat tire. It was where he parks at night outside our condo. Fortunately we had insured the tires so that it was limited money out of our pocket.

Now tonight, my husband had a double header softball game. We were at the first one, but me and the kids left to go home – we got home and our lock appeared to be tampered with. I couldn’t get my key in. It was almost 9pm and was worried I’d have to try and get a locksmith to get in. Fortunately after about 15 minutes and slowly wiggling my key I was able to get it in and wiggle and wiggle to unlock the door.

I know some of you told me to be aware of my neighbor as she seems unstable – do you think she would actually do these things? Now I am getting paranoid.

Rockhead

Reply Fri 30 Sep, 2011 08:37 pm
@Linkat,
maybe you should get lock insurance...
Linkat

Reply Fri 30 Sep, 2011 08:38 pm
@Rockhead,
thanks a hell of alot - that doesn't answer my question
Questioner

Reply Fri 30 Sep, 2011 08:39 pm
@Linkat,
I would seriously consider some type of small camera that you could hide somewhere, just to see what's going on. In this case your paranoia could be justified.
Linkat

Reply Fri 30 Sep, 2011 08:40 pm
@Questioner,
I was thinking that ... maybe I am paranoid.
Rockhead

Reply Fri 30 Sep, 2011 08:41 pm
@Linkat,
you are definitely paranoid.

the question is, is your neighbor the only one out to get you...
Questioner

Reply Fri 30 Sep, 2011 08:42 pm
@Rockhead,
Mean.
0 Replies

Linkat

Reply Fri 30 Sep, 2011 08:49 pm
@Rockhead,
well she already brought my husband to court on harrassment charges - as he was in her words frightening her dog and her - we went to court and fortunately the judge threw her and her accusations out on their butts.
LDeMor

Reply Fri 30 Sep, 2011 08:49 pm
@Linkat,
Go out and get you some cameras you can install without your wonderful "neighbors" seeing what you are doing. Its really simple to do it. All you need is to point a camera in an area that is inconspicuous. Unless your unstable or there is some kind of imbalance there, most people who feel like something is wrong...then something IS wrong. I am not a paranoid person but usually if something doesn't feel right, its not right and I have found proof lol.
0 Replies

George

Reply Fri 30 Sep, 2011 09:03 pm
Be interesting to know whether the tire went flat because of a puncture,
if so, what the puncture looked like.

I would definitely report the lock incident to the local police. They'll
probably send an officer in a police car to your house to check it out and
talk with you. If a neighbor is involved, they may notice the cop and back
off. Wouldn't hurt to make show of pointing.
0 Replies

ossobuco

Reply Fri 30 Sep, 2011 09:06 pm
Yes, could be her, that was my first thought even before I read your opening post.

I remember thinking it, if not posting that, re earlier episodes. That woman is a piece of work. I agree with the cameras - and maybe or maybe not talking with the board. Dunno, that could be dumb, see below -
I know nothing about this security stuff, how tiny the cameras can be, how hidden, and if visible ones would be useful, much less how to proceed with condo boards.

I'd talk with your attorney post haste. Or maybe improve on your attorney.
boomerang

Reply Fri 30 Sep, 2011 09:12 pm
Dang it, Linkat! If you think someone has been messing with your locks don't go inside! Seriously, girl. Take the kids out for ice cream and wait for that Marine of yours to get home.

That said, locks get mucked up sometimes. One time I got locked IN my house. That was embarrassing.
Linkat

Reply Fri 30 Sep, 2011 09:13 pm
@ossobuco,
...thinking this over - I really don't want to bring in the police - also would they really be able to tell at this point? I mean I was able to eventually get in = it was weird. The lock with our door - you know the part where you insert the key wasn't straight up and down like usual, it was toward the side. There wasn't scratches - but I had no other explanations than think it was tampered with - how else would it be moved in such a way.

On the other hand I don't think she is smart enough to know how to do such a thing.
Linkat

Reply Fri 30 Sep, 2011 09:16 pm
@boomerang,
We have an alarm system and did not receive a call and plus as I was trying to get the lock to work, the dog was barking at us. I figured (although I understand your thought because for a very brief second the same thing occured to me) we were pretty much safe. Besides when I finally got the thing to work, I made sure that the alarm was making that beep beep warning before we entered thus ensuring the alarm was still working as expected.
0 Replies

Linkat

Reply Fri 30 Sep, 2011 09:17 pm
@boomerang,
Oh and that damn marine was on the phone with me as I was trying to enter - he was in an intense softball game that they just had to win.
0 Replies

ossobuco

Reply Fri 30 Sep, 2011 09:25 pm
@Linkat,
Sorry for the double-ish post, editing mess up.
Linkat

Reply Fri 30 Sep, 2011 09:26 pm
@ossobuco,
oh you were just very enthusiastic
0 Replies

tsarstepan

Reply Fri 30 Sep, 2011 09:34 pm
@Linkat,
Linkat wrote:

well she already brought my husband to court on harrassment charges - as he was in her words frightening her dog and her - we went to court and fortunately the judge threw her and her accusations out on their butts.

Two very likely coincidental incidents hardly makes a conspiracy Linkat.

I second the placement of a security camera outside your door and backdoor if you have one.

Were your tires slashed or just flat from puncture?
Linkat

Reply Fri 30 Sep, 2011 09:37 pm
@tsarstepan,
not slashed - but to be honest not sure how they were flatten...hubby didn't say, but if they were slashed he would have told me. I wouldn't normally think these things other than because of some of the stunts she had pulled - some people on A2k suggested I watch out for her...thus why I question.

If things go positively we could be potentially moving in a couple of months.
ossobuco

Reply Fri 30 Sep, 2011 10:15 pm
@Linkat,
I guess I think that if it's her, she's not the brightest bulb, by past behavior.

On tires, I worked with a woman who punished students for parking in staff areas with one tire's air let out per offense... she kept license data. I well remember the lab boss screaming at her, and he was a quiet kind of guy. But, she was smarter than this woman, so I dunno.
0 Replies