Coincidence or is some one out to get us or am I paranoid?

sozobe

Reply Thu 12 Jan, 2012 01:59 pm
Karma-wise, you just know you'll forget about the tacks and back over them and give yourself a flat tire. Smile
0 Replies

parados

Reply Thu 12 Jan, 2012 02:07 pm
@ossobuco,
Buy a trail camera if you need to know.

It is activated by movement and can use an infrared flash.

http://www.trailcampro.com/scoutingcamerabuyersguide-filmanddigitaltrailcamerafeatures.aspx
0 Replies

Rockhead

Reply Thu 12 Jan, 2012 02:20 pm
@Linkat,
twenty buck says if you start doing the tack thing, you wind up with one in your tire before you're done...

it won't be long before this elevates to firebombs and molotov cocktails. I would start saving vodka bottles if it were me.

0 Replies

engineer

Reply Thu 12 Jan, 2012 02:33 pm
Just put silver nitrate on your valve stem. (Turns skin black, wears off in a few weeks.)
Linkat

Reply Thu 12 Jan, 2012 02:44 pm
@ehBeth,
Dogs are required to be leashed at all times per the condo docs. There is only one cat that I've seen in the complex that is not kept indoors. We have coyotes and foxes so it would be foolish not to have an indoor cat.

Odd thing is the one person who does not leash their dog as per condo rules is the crazy neighbor.
0 Replies

Linkat

Reply Thu 12 Jan, 2012 02:45 pm
@Mame,
According to the maintenance guy no one has at least voiced vandilism on their cars. It happened once where several cars were broken into about a year ago, but since then no one has reported a problem - except us.
0 Replies

Linkat

Reply Thu 12 Jan, 2012 02:47 pm
@engineer,
Where does one buy silver nitrate.....

and it is unlikely that I would do this - just voicing my displeasure - I would place them next to the tire not behind to the side where you dispense the air on a tire which would be most logical.

It would be unlikely to forget as every morning I walk the dog, I walk around my car to ensure no damage was done during the night.
FOUND SOUL

Reply Thu 12 Jan, 2012 03:28 pm
@Linkat,

I was speaking to someone the other day and made the suggestion to "always" check out who your neighbours are before you purchase.

I should have taken my own advise 4 years ago:)

Revenge usually comes in "small" ways from a crazy neighbour.. Mine, twisted a metal ornament placed in the garden, because I dared to take a dead cat out of their bin, which their dog killed and bury it... They realised the bin was light..

They didn't realise I saw them chuck it in there.

I can relate to the lock, as I also after that had trouble myself opening my door.

I searched for gum or something, in there but there was nothing. Having said that, it works fine now... So, I've put that down to being paranoid Smile And, that the "weather" created the problem, either something was stuck in there or something.

If you ever find that again, walk away and get someone else to be there with you to attempt to open it.. That's not me being paranoid rather, better to be safe than sorry, what if it wasn't nature, nor her, rather someone had done it so you had your back turned for ages? Better to be safe than sorry.

Linkat

Reply Thu 12 Jan, 2012 04:21 pm
@FOUND SOUL,
We did - but at the time there were no neighbors as the building was just being built. But when we moved in, we did have the nicest neighbors. We all got along spendly. Then they sold and the neighbors from h*ll moved in. Can't stop a good neighbor from selling to a$$es
0 Replies

ossobuco

Reply Thu 12 Jan, 2012 04:36 pm
@Linkat,
Their is also wind to account for as to moving tacks on the ground.
0 Replies

OmSigDAVID

Reply Fri 13 Jan, 2012 01:50 pm
@Linkat,
Linkat wrote:
Just a week or two ago my husband had a flat tire. It was where he parks at night outside our condo. Fortunately we had insured the tires so that it was limited money out of our pocket.

Now tonight, my husband had a double header softball game. We were at the first one, but me and the kids left to go home – we got home and our lock appeared to be tampered with. I couldn’t get my key in. It was almost 9pm and was worried I’d have to try and get a locksmith to get in. Fortunately after about 15 minutes and slowly wiggling my key I was able to get it in and wiggle and wiggle to unlock the door.

I know some of you told me to be aware of my neighbor as she seems unstable – do you think she would actually do these things?

Now I am getting paranoid.
Remember: being paranoid does not prove that no one is out to get u.
Linkat

Reply Fri 13 Jan, 2012 03:07 pm
@OmSigDAVID,
I'm thinking maybe if David has nothing to do - he can sleep in my car and then if someone comes out to cause some mischief - all he needs to do is jump out and pull his uzi - I bet that would keep this perp from doing any future damage.
0 Replies

Linkat

Reply Wed 25 Jan, 2012 12:22 pm
OK - nothing bad - almost the opposite.

The other day, after our first significant snow - I am out wiping the snow off my car with my gloved had (just over my door so I can get in and get the brush without getting a pile of snow inside the car). Any hoot, while I am doing so - The Neighbor is out just finishing wiping down her car.

She offers me her brush as she saw me using my gloved hand, I answer oh, no thanks, I have mine right here. I'm thinking what the f--- she is never nice. Then she looks at me and says, "Oh I saw little monster (not little monster but my little monster's name) in the newspaper. Good for her. That was nice." I was dumbfounded. I just said - "Thank you." It was a genuie thank you as I was appreciative that some one actually saw my daughter in the weekly 10 page local newspaper. (She had won a city wide contest.)

Now what the heck do you make of that? Is she really trying to be nice or something else more sinister?
FOUND SOUL

Reply Wed 25 Jan, 2012 02:46 pm
@Linkat,
It's not un-common for a person to have split personalities Smile Just kidding.

Well, no really. I'd say she was sincere as offering a brush, is not something you would do if you really despised someone, commenting on the picture also would have come out differently, if her intent was to bruise your ego, not stroke it, so to speak.

Sometimes people do just go, oh stuff it, I'll try, I want to be happy where I live.

(Or maybe she is going through peri-menopause) and is in a good mood at present Smile
ossobuco

Reply Wed 25 Jan, 2012 02:48 pm
@FOUND SOUL,
Maybe she has new meds?

'Tis a quandary, but a pleasant one, I think.
0 Replies

Linkat

Reply Wed 25 Jan, 2012 02:49 pm
@FOUND SOUL,
Maybe I'm jaded - I once had a roommate that in hindsight I think was psycho. She would be really mean one day and then the next she would be ultra sweet. I didn't know who I was going to deal with from day to day.
Mame

Reply Wed 25 Jan, 2012 02:54 pm
@Linkat,
Best to continue as you are and keep your distance. Being civil can't hurt but friendly...? I think not, given the history here.

FOUND SOUL

Reply Wed 25 Jan, 2012 02:55 pm
@Linkat,
Why not see it as for how you are seeing it, for today. And, attempt to do something yourself, next time you see her and gage the "pattern"....

There will be one:)
Linkat

Reply Wed 25 Jan, 2012 03:06 pm
@Mame,
yep what I plans
0 Replies

Linkat

Reply Wed 25 Jan, 2012 03:07 pm
@FOUND SOUL,
it is interesting to say the least -