Coincidence or is some one out to get us or am I paranoid?

Eorl

Reply Sun 2 Oct, 2011 07:37 am
@Linkat,
I always say...
"Just because you're paranoid, doesn't mean people aren't out ta getcha"
0 Replies

CalamityJane

Reply Sun 2 Oct, 2011 09:52 am
Well, this woman is unpredictable, so I would not take any chances and
install a camera to be on the safe side. Your husband should check with the
tire place to see why he had a flat. Usually they do tell you what caused the
flat and you can draw your own conclusions then.

I would change the locks since they're tempered with and you probably will
have difficulties to enter in future too. Here again, the locksmith will be able to tell you if someone tried to break in or if it's just a normal wear and tear situation.
Mame

Reply Sun 2 Oct, 2011 10:24 am
Go with your gut, Linkat, it's usually right.

Edit: Oh, and I would let her see your camera being installed. You could even just purchase a dummy - it might be enough to put her off anymore funny business, if she's behind it.
BillRM

Reply Sun 2 Oct, 2011 10:41 am
@Mame,
Get a lock smith to look at the lock after replacing it with a better lock as he or she should be able to tell if the problem was cause by someone tamping with it or not.

footnote sorry for replying the wrong person but I would surely have the lock look at and if it was tamper with I would then made a police report and if it was not tamper with that would be a useful bit of information to have also.
Linkat

Reply Sun 2 Oct, 2011 04:01 pm
@CalamityJane,
It is a fairly new lock - purchased within the last year.
0 Replies

Linkat

Reply Sun 2 Oct, 2011 04:02 pm
@BillRM,
My husband does think the lock is just a bad lock - we have a deadbolt that we are using and just not locking the door lock for now - we also have an alarm service so I am not scared security wise - if she were to do it - it would be more to annoy us.
0 Replies

Linkat

Reply Mon 3 Oct, 2011 11:00 am
So after I say - lets not use that lock until we get it fixed and to keep the back storm door unlocked - my husband gets locked out and can't get in. I ask if he locked the bottom - well I didn't lock it but it must have been turned. You can lock that door by just turning the lock on the inside. And then I asked - did you lock the back storm door? Well I do at night. Why - we have a regular wood door with two locks on that and an alarm?

Any way he isn't as clever as I am and was unable to work the lock - so I got him a number for a locksmith - he basically said don't buy locks at home depot - they've cheap and fall apart - well yeah either that or you have a psycho neighbor... so a hundred or so more - he is in the house with a much better lock.

Seems the neighbor didn't do this.....
0 Replies

chai2

Reply Mon 3 Oct, 2011 01:21 pm
@tsarstepan,
tsarstepan wrote:

Two very likely coincidental incidents hardly makes a conspiracy Linkat.

This is the type of comment that make people embarrassed, or hesitant to say something when they think somethis wrong.
It causes people to make apologies for themselves, as in "Maybe I'm being paranoid, but...."

It's not putting anyone out for linkat to be concerned, and to put up a video camera. If she feels something is amiss, I don't feel others have a reason to be dismissive.

People who do things like slash tires, fiddle with locks etc count on the fact that the victim will be told it's just a coincidence, or they are being paranoid.

Linkat, you do what it takes to feel safe.

Linkat

Reply Mon 3 Oct, 2011 03:25 pm
@chai2,
Thanks - I feel safe - although she does have some seedy characters come by - her daughter is a social worker and her own father told us the guy she is dating (who looks seedy) - is one of "her projects". I heard him on the phone out on the deck when I was in the kitchen swearing his head off and yelling at some one on the phone. I tried to listen in (wasn't too hard), but I had to pick up one of my kids.

I think she, herself, would just try to do things to mess things up for us.

I found her on her facebook page for amusement - and her favorite two things are:

walking her dog
listening to music while walking her dog

No wonder her husband is divorcing her.
chai2

Reply Mon 3 Oct, 2011 06:59 pm
@Linkat,
Linkat wrote:

I found her on her facebook page for amusement - and her favorite two things are:

walking her dog
listening to music while walking her dog

Laughing

That's hysterical.
0 Replies

Rockhead

Reply Mon 3 Oct, 2011 07:26 pm
@Linkat,
at least her hobbies weren't listed as playing pranks on her crazy neighbors...
Pemerson

Reply Mon 3 Oct, 2011 07:52 pm
@Rockhead,
Rockhead wrote:

at least her hobbies weren't listed as playing pranks on her crazy neighbors...

That Rockhead, he's always right on cue.

Seriously, though, I would just smile and say hello every time I see this neighbor. Believe me, because I've had a neighbor from hell and a coupla HOA's from hell. She's no doubt having problems herself and becoming nuts even if you did "scare her dog"? Really, scare her dog? She's just not worth it.
Linkat

Reply Tue 4 Oct, 2011 11:08 am
@Pemerson,
Well yeah - come on the thing is so frightened that he always comes running up to you and gets your workclothes all dirty.

Yeah - the judge got a chuckle on that one in court. I pretty much just ignore her and yes - I agree she has issues.
0 Replies

Linkat

Reply Wed 12 Oct, 2011 03:25 pm
So yesterday I notice my tires looking low - I went to put air in them today and one of them has the threads showing through on the sides. I think they may be older tires (definately older than my two on the front) - coincidence?

Is this normal wear and tear?
0 Replies

OmSigDAVID

Reply Thu 20 Oct, 2011 10:46 pm
@Rockhead,
Rockhead wrote:
you are definitely paranoid.

the question is, is your neighbor the only one out to get you...
Was Leon Trotsky paranoid when he complained to the Mexican police
of his being stalked by a Bolshevik with an ax???????
0 Replies

Linkat

Reply Wed 28 Dec, 2011 06:19 pm
Ok so my husband has a flat again - in a brand new tire. It must have happened some time during the night or early morning as it was noticed first thing this morning. It was the rear passenger side - the most strategically located tire to sneak and cut without being seen. It was a cut in the sidewall of the tire so for a 3 month tire to wear out on the side wall seems odd.

This is our deeded parking space so anyone who knows us would know that this is our car. He is planning on parking from now on across the street to a space where it is much more visable until we can see how to purchase or use a video camera to be placed as to film that area each night.

I did offer to sleep in the car so I could jump out with a camera, snap a picture and yell gotcha, but this may be a better option.

Linkat

Reply Wed 28 Dec, 2011 07:07 pm
@Linkat,
I also thought of putting some tacks down on the ground next the back tire - if some one were to kneel down then ouch!
0 Replies

CalamityJane

Reply Thu 29 Dec, 2011 11:12 am
@Linkat,
That's definitely odd! Have you had any more altercations with the witch?
Can the tire place analyze if it was a knife slashing the tire? IF indeed it was
a knife then I'd call the police and file a report.
Linkat

Reply Thu 29 Dec, 2011 06:12 pm
@CalamityJane,
I was out and about when my husband got the tire fixed - he suspected something, but didn't address it specifically with the tire place. It was covered fortunately under an insurance we bought for the tires so the money wasn't the issue.

The witch thing - not sure if you read about her water heater leaking into our unit causing damage. But I'd say that was the last thing. Other than the lecture I gave her about being responsible and taking care of things within her unit - I try to not say boo to her.
CalamityJane

Reply Thu 29 Dec, 2011 07:37 pm
@Linkat,
No, I didn't read about the water heater leaking into your place. Wow, did she pay for the damage?

Well, if you have another flat tire shortly then it's more than a coincidence and I would file a police report.