Coincidence or is some one out to get us or am I paranoid?

Linkat

Reply Tue 3 Apr, 2012 08:51 am
@CalamityJane,
We close on June 18th.

I mis-stated who found the nail - a mechanic when my husband went to get a oil change. He filled up all the tires yesterday afternoon and noticed the nail. So all along this has been a very slow leak (just over the past week). We have another tire at my mom's house - so my husband was going to pick it up today (in case the tire cannot be fixed) and have our local tire place either fix the tire with the nail or replace it with the one we already have.

So this morning we go out to bring the kids to school and the tire is flat. Do you think the hole got worse in a half day or is some one tampering with it? I told my husband to check and see if we can get the video from the camera to view from last night. It isn't near us, but the manager at our association had said he would have it angled toward where our car is parked as we have been having these issues.
CalamityJane

Reply Tue 3 Apr, 2012 09:29 am
@Linkat,
wow, that's really strange, Linkat. I've had numerous nails in my tires over the years, and it really does release air very very slowly and it takes quite a while to be flat at all - it won't happen overnight!

I assume too that your crazy neighbor has her hand in this.
ossobuco

Reply Tue 3 Apr, 2012 10:00 am
@CalamityJane,
I assume that too, just being not 100% sure.
Whee, hoping the camera caught it..
Linkat

Reply Tue 3 Apr, 2012 10:47 am
@ossobuco,
The thing that bothers me most about it - is that we drive our children in that car. If we didn't notice it and drove on the highway, we could have gotten in an accident. Does she not even care?

Of course this is assuming it is the nutcase.
Linkat

Reply Tue 3 Apr, 2012 11:06 am
@Linkat,
So I hear back from my husband and he said he spoke with the manager - the camera (this after telling us he would point toward our parking spot) does not reach for viewing. He did tell us that our crazy neighbor has been complaining to the management company about our noise. The management co has not mentioned this to us - so I assume they don't think it is a problem.

My husband told him straight out that they are loud every day. And that weare not going to change as they do not comply with many of the condo rules and the board does not enforce it. They don't leash their dog, they do not park a car in their gargage, and the list continues. My husband did say he was sorry that he is in the middle of this and he does not want to put him in the middle. Although we haven't complained about them, we simply ignore them.

He did say we could park right in front of the camera as there is a visitor space. My husband plans to call the police and ask if they have suggestions as well.
0 Replies

Linkat

Reply Sat 7 Apr, 2012 12:22 pm
so we get this $500 check in the mail. It is from our insurance company and reads deductible refund from xx date incident. No other explanation. Must be that the insurance company determined she was at fault and negligent in regard to her water heater failing and flooding into our unit.

Maybe that ticked her off. Any way we are parking one car toward where we can view it from our back windows - easier viewing for us - and it is directly next to a lamppost and the other brand new car right in front of the camera - in front of our clubhouse. Both are further away from us and a further walk, but at least the way they are positioned it will be easier to catch some one and therefore less likely to be tampered with.
0 Replies

Linkat

Reply Mon 16 Apr, 2012 02:30 pm
So today is Patriots day and the kids are off on vacation this week. I had work, but hubby was home with the kids. Seeing it was a hot day in Boston - the kids wanted to play with the water with the neighbors.

The outside water is not yet turned on - so my husband set up a bucket of water and a kiddie pool so the kids could use squirt guns and splash along. We have a nice yard area - the only bad part is the crazy neighbor's deck overlooks it. Hubby said she went out on the deck talking loudly on the phone and smoking.

He had also set up the boom box for the kids with music (and also so the kids wouldn't over hear her white trash talk). My younger daughter told my husband she saw the crazy neighbor throw something off the deck - my husband found a cigarette butt right next to the kiddie pool.

Coincidence - unlikely - poor white trash is what she is - my husband picked it up and put it on their door step.
CalamityJane

Reply Mon 16 Apr, 2012 02:56 pm
@Linkat,
Good for him to put it on her doorstep.
The day you move out you should think of something to get back at her.
Put some of your dog's poop in a paper bag, drop it in front of her door, take
a match too it and ring her doorbell...
Linkat

Reply Mon 16 Apr, 2012 03:35 pm
@CalamityJane,
I told him to tell the condo manager. I guess she is getting tired of calling the police as they do not do anything (probably because we are not doing anything wrong).

On Easter morning - she is up at 8 am vaccuming - waking up my kids. So my husband had them go in our room - not below her space. And he made a bit of noise too. I was sleeping so it couldn't be so loud that it was too obnoxious.

After I get up - we put on the radio and start our Easter preps. She calls the manager saying we are being loud. The manager calls and my husband gives him an earful saying - sorry but we will not tone it down and about her making all this noise - seems she does this whenever her husband isn't around (her husband must stop her).

You can tell sometimes that the noise is intentional - for example when you hear loud footnotes, they stop and something heavy is dropped on the floor - then the footsteps walk across the floor stop and something again is dropped and this happens several times.
0 Replies

Linkat

Reply Thu 19 Apr, 2012 02:01 pm
@CalamityJane,
Oh - you are going to love this - so I keep getting these calls still from Rachel, Ann, Tiffany, etc. All from card member services at various phone numbers. So after looking up the newest number they are now calling from on google - someone posts info - they said if you call back and press 5 you can leave a number to be paged back at.

Just guess who's number I left behind?! Bonus I get back at Card member services scam and the crazy neighbor.
CalamityJane

Reply Thu 19 Apr, 2012 03:27 pm
@Linkat,
Good girl!! Write her phone number on every public rest room stall too! Laughing
Linkat

Reply Fri 20 Apr, 2012 06:36 am
@CalamityJane,
heh, heh - I thought of that too - but figured she may enjoy that. No one likes telemarketers.
0 Replies

Linkat

Reply Tue 8 May, 2012 07:47 am
Thought for laughs at least, I'd tell you about crazy lady's latest antics.

One Sunday early morning I wake up to my dog barking - I look at the window and just before is crazy lady's dog outside our window leg raised peeing on our bushes - ones we purchased and planted ourselves - she is no where in sight. Ok seeing we are moving soon we let it go.

Since then there has a been a series of other incidents where her dog is again not leashed. Again, we have been letting this slide. Most recently he is unleashed comes to jump on my husband (as he does not respond to her when she calls him).

My husband tells her - I have of picture of him not leashed. Then she drops an F-bomb (in front of my 9 year old) and proceeds to say well I am going to report what your daughter has done with your dog. Meaning my 9 year old next to him. My husband looks down at her and she says daddy I haven't done anything. This, the daughter, who came in crying to me because she couldn't find the poop once at night to clean up and was afraid of getting in trouble because she didn't clean it up. We did go out together with a flashlight to pick it up.

This Sunday - early morning - she is jumping around or whatever the heck above us where my daughter is sleeping waking her. My husband sends my daughter to our bedroom where she can't hear her. She is continuing to make loud noises - so my husband puts on the music to drown her out - now remember we, my two daughters and me (one with her bedroom right next to where he is playing music) are asleep.

She freaks out - comes running down the stairs in the back and starts banging on our windows. My husband trying to avoid her - ignores her ranting and banging.

She also has been purposedly trying to annoy us or gets us to do something. You can tell. One afternoon in between sporting events for the kids we come home - get the kids in the kitchen to eat something. She (who rarely takes her dog out in the back area) walks her dog back and forth right where are windows are in the kitchen - like it bothers us or something. We just eat lunch, leave and go on to the next event.
Linkat

Reply Tue 8 May, 2012 07:51 am
@Linkat,
Oh and the ranting morning - later in the day, the fire alarm goes off. It is the building wide alarm - not the one strictly in our unit.

Not seeing a fire or smelling smoke I figure it to be a false alarm. I do go outside and check and see one of the neighbors who is on the board and I just verify with him. The crazy neighbors husband is out there as well and he mumbled something. The fire department comes as the building alarms are set to call the fire department.

I find out yesterday - the cause of the alarm - of course the crazy neighbor. Seems the back stairs are used for two units for the purpose of another exit in case of a fire. When she was on her rant - coming running down the stairs she hit a fire thingy in the stairs which losened and then fell off causing the building wide alarm. My husband saw her in the office with the condo manager and I guess she had to sign some papers or something because of it.

0 Replies

DrewDad

Reply Tue 8 May, 2012 07:56 am
@Linkat,
Ah. One of those negative-attention types.

You're well-shut of her antics.
Linkat

Reply Sun 20 May, 2012 03:05 pm
@DrewDad,
So this afternoon we are outside. My daughter picks up a cigarette butt off our patio. Obviously it is crazy throwing it off her deck to annoy us. I simply picked it up and tossed it back onto her deck. I am simply returning her property.

And we did report her unleashed dog to the animal control officer. He said her will leave a note on her door informing her of the city leash laws.
roger

Reply Sun 20 May, 2012 03:29 pm
@Linkat,
How nice. If you get enough notes, it's almost as good as getting a letter.
0 Replies

Linkat

Reply Fri 1 Jun, 2012 07:24 am
More updates - for as much entertaining purposes and venting purposes (not so much venting as I've learned to just go to another area of the condo when needed) -

So a couple of nights ago our crazy neighbor came home about midnight. She walks in with clogs on and appears to be purposedly clogging along where ever there is not carpet covering the hard wood. My husband was sleeping in the livingroom where she was walking around - his allergies were bothering him so he didn't want the coughing to keep me up.

He banged a bit to kind of let them know - come on man. Any hoot.

The next morning was husband was putting up a couple of carbon mioxide detectors - it was definately after 8am as he had dropped the kids off to school at 8. Any way - after two bangs of the hammer to begin getting them in place, she begins to bang on the floor. I mean what the heck? We have to install them - as the fire department needs to inspect these prior to us closing. Then as he has another to install, she blasts her music. After my husband finishes, he sees her leaving with the music still blasting. He calls the association manager, but he isn't there.

Last night, we are in our living room, watching college softball and the sox. Again she comes walking across the floor and you can tell she is wearing clogs - it sounds like she is purposedly walking loudly (you can't know for sure) - we turn up the TV to drown out the noise. We had the front door open, and could see both of them leave. We turn down the TV and can hear their music blasting. It is after 9pm. My daughter goes to bed. It is almost 10pm and they still do not come home and you can hear the music.

We call the manager again and this time leave a message. We then call the police and tell them situation. They would send some one when they have a chance (realizing this situation is not as earth shattering is what they are probably dealing with). The manager finally gets back to us some time after 10:30pm. He says he will call them - he must have one of their cell numbers. Anyone shortly after, we hear them come home. Her husband yells at her to turn the music down. We can hear them - she says no. They are arguing about it and the music is turned down - he leaves.

We call the police and let them know they have come home and turned off the music.

Just a couple more weeks.
DrewDad

Reply Fri 1 Jun, 2012 07:34 am
@Linkat,
http://d3gqasl9vmjfd8.cloudfront.net/feba79d8-e1c8-40b8-818d-d143afa02717.png
Linkat

Reply Fri 1 Jun, 2012 07:37 am
@DrewDad,
kinda like that - although they/she is the only issue. I asked my husband - I wonder if the people next to her have complained? But on the other hand I really don't care.

I, personally, will move to our bedroom if she goes on her rant. We even have had the kids sleeping in our room as their bedroom (and also as my older daughter now sleeps in the livingroom) is partly under their condo. Our bedroom is under a different unit. So when she gets loud and the kids can't sleep, we have to move them to our room.
0 Replies