Reply Sun 19 Jun, 2011 06:38 pm
@hawkeye10,
Is that your argument for your hypocrisy? Go figure. Rolling Eyes
0 Replies

OmSigDAVID

Reply Sun 19 Jun, 2011 06:39 pm
@Thomas,
Setanta wrote:
Why do some men hate women? Do you think it arises from fear?
Thomas wrote:

Nah, I think it's boob envy.

That, and the fact that if you're low on the totem pole, it may feel cathartic to have even lower people
on the totem pole to dump on. Kind of like the hatered of Jews,
the hatred of Gypsies, and hatred of gay people work.
Any chance that sentiment toward Gypsies
is related to how thay 've been making a living
for however many centuries?? Ever gotten Gypped ?

David
0 Replies

Arella Mae

Reply Sun 19 Jun, 2011 06:40 pm
@OmSigDAVID,
OmSigDAVID wrote:

How r JJ n his mom, Arella ??

David
They are wonderful. JJ still is struggling to find his voice. He is now grunting like a gorilla with a long wheeze afterwards. Joy is still sticking to him like he is her newborn. She has every male horse in that pasture bowing to her. She rules!
0 Replies

Arella Mae

Reply Sun 19 Jun, 2011 06:43 pm
@hawkeye10,
hawkeye10 wrote:

I have never hidden the fact that I am a radical, and erotically twisted, you were informed, I have acted responsibly by being honest about who I am and what I believe.
Being honest about doing wrong doesn't mean it's okay. I'd have a lot more respect for you if you didn't try to blame me for being offended because YOU TOLD me. I'll drop it hawkeye. I think you are pretty clear on how I feel about your lifestyle. If you weren't being such a hypocrite trying to say you want to empower women I probably would not have said a word.
hawkeye10

Reply Sun 19 Jun, 2011 06:53 pm
@Arella Mae,
The one place where women have too much power is in sex law, and this is not because they demanded it but it is because the radical man hating bitch feminists are trying to use sex law to oppress men. My only major complaint against all women is that they do not do more to make it clear that the feminists are out of line and do not speak for them.
ossobuco

Reply Sun 19 Jun, 2011 07:04 pm
@OmSigDAVID,
Well, of course not, they're lying on the couch. Or laying on it.

I'm kidding, I'm kidding.

I'd prefer they were both on the couch.

We seem to have a number of rigidiphiles here.
0 Replies

Arella Mae

Reply Sun 19 Jun, 2011 07:13 pm
@hawkeye10,
hawkeye10 wrote:

The one place where women have too much power is in sex law, and this is not because they demanded it but it is because the radical man hating bitch feminists are trying to use sex law to oppress men. My only major complaint against all women is that they do not do more to make it clear that the feminists are out of line and do not speak for them.

BLAH, BLAH, BLAH, BLAH BLAH. Let me make this very clear to you. I do NOT believe for a single minute that you have any respect for ANY female. You said your wife was sexually abused (as a child I believe) and what do you do? Put her in the lifestyle you do. I do not for a single minute, second, or nanosecond, believe you truly care about empowering women. Now, are we clear? I said I'd just drop it, hawkeye, and I am dropping it now.
0 Replies

OmSigDAVID

Reply Sun 19 Jun, 2011 07:14 pm
@ehBeth,
OmSigDAVID wrote:
what the chics did to me, waiting for them out there, getting ready, very late,
unconscionably late. It did not seem to trouble them, while I was sweating it out.
ehBeth wrote:
perhaps it's something we do that allows people to think we will wait for them? well, not me. I tend to just leave now.

ahhh I just re-read your post. it 's just women that make you wait. must be some reaction you cause in them.
, but its a DATE, a social date, confirmed by a recent fone call, like:
"Yeah, hi, Maralyn? This is David. I 'm leaving now.
I shoud be there in about 40 minutes, if I can find parking."
Maralyn: "Yeah, OK; see u then."
When I arrive, the paradime is conjested parking; NO legal parking, so I park illegally,
maybe by a fire hydrant or blocking a driveway. I run to a fone booth (b4 cell fones).
Maralyn says: "OK, I 'll be right down"; 20 minutes later,
I remain chickless. I run back to fone booth: "Hay, Maralyn:
I 'm blocking a driveway. I 'm gonna get a ticket. [That did not happen.]"
Maralyn: "OK, gimme 5 minutes; I 'll be right down."
15 minutes later: still NO chick. I 'm sweating out the police, all this time.
Run back to fone: "Hay, Maralyn, c'mon, have a heart. What 's taking so long ??"
Maralyn: "Well, I'm putting on my make up; I 'm almost finished."
I remain devoid of chick. Maybe c.2 hours go by b4 the Advent of Maralyn,
during which I 've called her maybe 4 or 5 times. It gets on my nerves.
Guys don 't do that, so far as I 've ever observed.

I go to a male friend's house: "Hay, Joe, ya ready?"
Joe: "Yeah, let's go." He puts on his coat n we go; very simple.

David
0 Replies

Foofie

Reply Sun 19 Jun, 2011 07:16 pm
@Setanta,
Men and women might really tend to have a different set of traits on some continuum of male/female traits. I say this since Asperger's, that is mostly a guy thing, might have something to do with a gene on the "Y" chromosome (that women do not have). And, relating to this, one theory of Asperger's is that it is a syndrome of hyper-male thinking, in that Asperger's folk like systematizing things, memorizing facts, enjoying objects/things, as opposed to relationships/emotions.

So, if one is a male, and really values the world of maleness (i.e., sports, working with one's hands, stoicism, giving advice rather than conversing, etc.) then it is conceivable that women and their world of emotional feeling, cooperative, nurtering friendships, and the ability to talk about one's feelings, can then be too different for some men to ever feel comfortable?

Anyway, I have a simple theory that both sexes do have something very much in common, but shown in different ways. Men build things that are inanimate (bridges, buildings, tunnels, flying machines, horseless carriages), while women build animate things (families). In effect, we just have a set of aptitudes for what we build. Nature likely intended it to be that way, or we would run out of humans at the same time that we would be unable to cross the river without a boat or bridge.
OmSigDAVID

Reply Sun 19 Jun, 2011 09:28 pm
@Mame,
Mame wrote:
That's just Julie... I'm always early. And when my husband and I go to a museum,
he's in there staring at Roman coins for what, 20 30 minutes?
I look at the coins, acknowledge them and move on.
That is not the same thing; u r not alone, sweating out the police.
U r both ENJOYING THE FACILITY, together, at your respective individual speeds.
I 'm more like your husband. I did that with Carry (the prettiest girl I coud find in NY Mensa;
I lured her with Tutankhamun Tickets to the Metropolitan Museum of Art, about 30 years ago).
She complained that I was too slow. I was careful n meticulous in my study of each artifact.
I CARED about the exhibit.

Mame wrote:
I mean, you can't pick it up, you can just look at it, and let's face it, one Roman coin is the same as any other after a while. It's a personal thing, not a gender thing. He takes longer to get ready than I do; he has triple or quadruple (if you count the basement) the closet space than I do; he takes longer to do just about everything, and I'm always waiting on him. It's a personal thing, not a gender thing.
I find it hard to understand how that can BE.
Some years ago, I discussed that with Joan, who is not too bad,
with tardiness; within reason.
Anyway, we were on the fone n she asked when I was leaving
to pick her up for dinner. I said I was in bed; it 'll take 10 minutes.
She said it takes her an hour or more to dress. [ ??? ]
She demanded a more realistic departure time,
" so that I will know when to expect u " denying that
I coud get dressed in time to leave so soon; she asked me how
I coud do it, so I rendered an estimated itemized analysis,
(not counting the time for personal hygiene) to wit:
At a slow pace, to put on underpants: 5 seconds.
( A second is the time it takes to sneeze.)
Each sock, leisurely: 10 seconds
Undershirt, slowly, maybe 3 seconds.
Overshirt, with slow buttoning: 15 seconds
Selection of silk necktie,
with slow application of Windsor Knot: 60 seconds.
Thread leather belt: 15 seconds
Put on pants, slowly: 5 seconds
Put on n button vest: 4 seconds
Put on jacket: 2 seconds.
Load vest n jacket with wallet, n miscellany
including spare keys n spare cash
in their respective, designated pockets: 25 seconds
Select n put on scarf: 2 seconds
Select n put on coat: 4 seconds
Choose n put on hat: 1 second.

I figure that to 2 minutes n 55 seconds
added to hygiene time of c. 7 minutes
(which is not part of dressing).

David
laughoutlood

Reply Sun 19 Jun, 2011 09:47 pm
@Setanta,
Inexperience more likely.
0 Replies

panzade

Reply Sun 19 Jun, 2011 10:18 pm
@wayne,
wayne:
Quote:
Nowadays the collective seems to be the entertainment industry.

Today at church the pastor mentioned a study that found that 80% of the current situation comedies are filled with bumbling blathering white men who will go to any means to avoid confrontation. He included Everybody Likes Raymond. Perhaps men in our culture are feeling a bit embattled.
hawkeye10

Reply Sun 19 Jun, 2011 10:38 pm
@panzade,
Quote:
Today at church the pastor mentioned a study that found that 80% of the current situation comedies are filled with bumbling blathering white men who will go to any means to avoid confrontation. He included Everybody Likes Raymond. Perhaps men in our culture are feeling a bit embattled.
Look at the music industry as well, it is mostly the women and boys who sell, we dont want to see or hear from men. If they are going to be on stage they better have a smoking babe in front.
Mame

Reply Sun 19 Jun, 2011 10:39 pm
@OmSigDAVID,
Look, it doesn't take me that long. At the most, 15 min. He doesn't take long to get ready, either, but I don't take more than 15 min, and usually I start earlier so I'm ready at the door, tapping my toes. I'm sure there are lots of women out there like this.

I think it's a major offense to be late and I don't like it when friends of mine are late meeting me. Did we say 2:00? Then I'm there at 1o to 2:00, at least. I don't mind waiting the 10 min to the right time, but if I have to wait the 10, then another 15, 20...I either want a phone call with an explanation and an expected time or I'm outta there. That's just rude.

I've learned to ask "Is 2:00 going to be 2:00 or 2:30?" because it bugs my butt so much. I'm nearly always there ahead of anyone else. I don't like to be late and I hate keeping people waiting (which I think has happened maybe twice in my life). I think it's inconsiderate.

And what's involved in getting ready? I've already got my make up on, and I've decided what I'm wearing, so what... it's just brushing my hair. Really, not that hard.
0 Replies

panzade

Reply Mon 20 Jun, 2011 12:13 am
@hawkeye10,
If they are going to be on stage they better have a smoking babe in front.

nonsense.

The top 10 acts hitting the stage in 2010 included Bon Jovi AC/DC, U2, Metallica and the Dave Matthews Band, none of which feature smokin babes.There was only one female:Lady Gaga.
The average age of the performers was 50 years.
hawkeye10

Reply Mon 20 Jun, 2011 12:40 am
@panzade,
Quote:
The top 10 acts hitting the stage in 2010 included Bon Jovi AC/DC, U2, Metallica and the Dave Matthews Band
that is old people's music, I am interested in what is happening with the young, because with the young we can see what shifts are taking place in our society.

Billboards artists of the year 2010 1-10

Gaga....chic

Swift...chic

Eminem...White guy but at least he comes from poverty

LADY ANTEBELLUM.....Guys with a banging Chic

KE$HA....chic

Usher...Black guy

THE BLACK EYED PEAS..guys with a smoking chic

JUSTIN BIEBER...boy, when he gets to be a man he is finished

RIHANNA...black chic

DRAKE..black jew canadian rapper
panzade

Reply Mon 20 Jun, 2011 12:50 am
@hawkeye10,
you said hitting the stage.
Your list is of top grossing artists through mediums like the internet and c.d. sales.
Different ball game.

Your list is pretty much half and half and they don't really send out a message of persecution of males.
What shifts do these young artists portend?
hawkeye10

Reply Mon 20 Jun, 2011 12:54 am
@panzade,
Quote:
you said hitting the stage.
Legacy bands are not what is happening in music now, they are what was happening 20,30,40 years ago. Could any of those bands be successful if they had to make a go of it now? I dont think so, but old people will still go listen to them to relive the old days.

If you are a white guy and you want to be able to get people to care about you now you best get a banging babe to front the group, that is the takeaway. Otherwise audiences do not want to hear from you.
panzade

Reply Mon 20 Jun, 2011 12:59 am
@hawkeye10,
Legacy bands are not what is happening in music now, they are what was happening 20,30,40 years ago. Could any of those bands be successful if they had to make a go of it now? I dont think so, but old people will still go listen to them to relive the old days.

I gave you the top 10 grossing live acts last year according to Pollstar. Didn't you even read my post?
0 Replies

wmwcjr

Reply Mon 20 Jun, 2011 01:22 am
@hawkeye10,
Thomas wrote:
... it may feel cathartic to have even lower people on the totem pole to dump on. Kind of like the hatered of Jews, the hatred of Gypsies, and hatred of gay people work.

hawkeye10 wrote:
People and groups are most often low on the totem pole because they have earned that position, ...

Individuals, yes. But groups?

Interesting. What a humane outlook.

So, I guess the British were justified in oppressing the Irish, etc., etc. Are you therefore an anti-Semite?

Nah, you don't really believe this. You just like upsetting people with your comments. Smile