wayne
 
  2  
Reply Sun 19 Jun, 2011 01:43 pm
@hawkeye10,
I have little doubt that stereotypes influence behavior, however the prediction of behavior by stereotype seems highly unreliable.
All else equal, a high incidence of the posuer in today's society renders such prediction suspect.
Setanta
 
  2  
Reply Sun 19 Jun, 2011 01:47 pm
I'm sure Chicken Little can provide us the names of the studies, and the credentialled individuals who produced them. Oh wait, that's right . . . he's "zen," he doesn't deal in proofs . . . and anyway, he's not our research assistant. That clown cracks me up.
0 Replies
 
hawkeye10
 
  -1  
Reply Sun 19 Jun, 2011 02:03 pm
@wayne,
Quote:
I have little doubt that stereotypes influence behavior, however the prediction of behavior by stereotype seems highly unreliable.
using stereotypes only needs to work better than not using them to be worth using. The guy who assumes that the woman on the bar stool whom he has never met behaves according to the stereotype and thus patterns his approach accordingly is going to come out ahead of the guy who either does not know enough about women to know the stereotype or refuses to use this knowledge. Over multiple attempts the guy playing to stereotype will get the girl more often than the one who does not. Banging the hot chicks is important enough to stuff the ideology, the aversion to stereotypes, long enough to use them to get what we want. That does not mean however that guys will be honest, even to themselves, about what they are doing.
wayne
 
  2  
Reply Sun 19 Jun, 2011 02:12 pm
@hawkeye10,
I'd really like to see the odds on that working with any consistency.
You're barkin up the wrong tree with that one, haha.
Seat of the pants and quick on the feet is always gonna beat stereotypical profiling.
Most women have seen that stereotype game all day long.
0 Replies
 
OmSigDAVID
 
  1  
Reply Sun 19 Jun, 2011 02:59 pm
@ehBeth,
OmSigDAVID wrote:
Guys don 't do that.
ehBeth wrote:
how many men have you dated/lived with or married?
"Dated" or "married" r not the right words,
but male friends frequently decide to go somewhere together
for some reason, be it business or fun; I 've never had ANYTHING
even remotely like what the chics did to me, waiting for them out there, getting ready, very late,
unconscionably late. It did not seem to trouble them, while I was sweating it out.

Out of curiousity, I wonder how she 'd have acted if it were turned around vice-versa??
That has never happened.

( Let us note, incidentally, that this has resulted in neither hatred nor fear of the offending chicks. )





David
Butrflynet
 
  2  
Reply Sun 19 Jun, 2011 03:10 pm
@Setanta,
In the case of the member I think you are referring to, take a look at all the other past topic titles he has initiated for an explanation of his motives regarding his latest topic.

Here are some of the gems from the last 5 years:

Toilet seats and chicks...

How to make a woman happy

My wife never fails to amaze/annoy me!

I'm having problem helping my 4th grader's homework.

Stupid American Teenage girls

I think I'm beginning to have erectile dysfunction.

My wife is complaining I play too much of this PC game.

Question about cleaning up after sex.

How can I still be intimate with my wife of 13 years?

0 Replies
 
OmSigDAVID
 
  0  
Reply Sun 19 Jun, 2011 03:13 pm

I had one chick, Julie, who wanted me to take her out.
She even wrote me a letter; (or more than one)
so I called her n asked for directions.
She gave them to me; unnecessarily complex. As I wrote them down,
I edited them, leaving out unnecessary matter. She asked me to
read them back to her. She was very offended that I opted
to omit some of her descriptions. When I arrived (on time),
she left me out there ringing her door bell for a huge, long time,
in unpleasant weather, as I stood on her stoop, or waited in my car.

That 's unconscionable and uncalled for.
A guy woud not act like that.

A man (of either gender) defines himself (or herself)
by his or her deeds.





David
ehBeth
 
  1  
Reply Sun 19 Jun, 2011 03:37 pm
@OmSigDAVID,
OmSigDAVID wrote:

A man (of either gender) defines himself (or herself)
by his or her deeds


apparently I'm a man since I'm usually the one waiting. It's been like that for decades. I'm ready to go - whoever else it is is often still fiddling around getting ready.
ehBeth
 
  1  
Reply Sun 19 Jun, 2011 03:39 pm
@OmSigDAVID,
OmSigDAVID wrote:
what the chics did to me, waiting for them out there, getting ready, very late,
unconscionably late. It did not seem to trouble them, while I was sweating it out.


perhaps it's something we do that allows people to think we will wait for them? well, not me. I tend to just leave now.

ahhh I just re-read your post. it 's just women that make you wait. must be some reaction you cause in them.
Mame
 
  2  
Reply Sun 19 Jun, 2011 03:50 pm
@OmSigDAVID,
That's just Julie... I'm always early. And when my husband and I go to a museum, he's in there staring at Roman coins for what, 20 30 minutes? I look at the coins, acknowledge them and move on. I mean, you can't pick it up, you can just look at it, and let's face it, one Roman coin is the same as any other after a while. It's a personal thing, not a gender thing. He takes longer to get ready than I do; he has triple or quadruple (if you count the basement) the closet space than I do; he takes longer to do just about everything, and I'm always waiting on him. It's a personal thing, not a gender thing.
Walter Hinteler
 
  2  
Reply Sun 19 Jun, 2011 03:52 pm
@Mame,
Your husband must be a relative of my wife!
0 Replies
 
hawkeye10
 
  -3  
Reply Sun 19 Jun, 2011 04:22 pm
@Mame,
Mame wrote:

That's just Julie... I'm always early. And when my husband and I go to a museum, he's in there staring at Roman coins for what, 20 30 minutes? I look at the coins, acknowledge them and move on. I mean, you can't pick it up, you can just look at it, and let's face it, one Roman coin is the same as any other after a while. It's a personal thing, not a gender thing. He takes longer to get ready than I do; he has triple or quadruple (if you count the basement) the closet space than I do; he takes longer to do just about everything, and I'm always waiting on him. It's a personal thing, not a gender thing.
the behavior of one person says nothing about the truthfulness of a claimed norm...anyone not dumber than a rock is going to know this, and David is not that dumb.
0 Replies
 
Thomas
 
  3  
Reply Sun 19 Jun, 2011 04:25 pm
@Setanta,
Setanta wrote:
Why do some men hate women? Do you think it arises from fear?

Nah, I think it's boob envy.

That, and the fact that if you're low on the totem pole, it may feel cathartic to have even lower people on the totem pole to dump on. Kind of like the hatered of Jews, the hatred of Gypsies, and hatred of gay people work.
hawkeye10
 
  -4  
Reply Sun 19 Jun, 2011 04:48 pm
@Thomas,
Quote:
That, and the fact that if you're low on the totem pole, it may feel cathartic to have even lower people on the totem pole to dump on. Kind of like the hatered of Jews, the hatred of Gypsies, and hatred of gay people work.
People and groups are most often low on the totem pole because they have earned that position, but women are placed above men in America so your argument does not work. Maybe in places like China and India were we can prove that women are discriminated against because parents selectively abort females, but not challange you to support your assertion that American females are dumped on. The main problem with American females is that they are overprotected, which is the opposite of your assertion.
Ceili
 
  5  
Reply Sun 19 Jun, 2011 04:50 pm
I honestly think there is a group of men who hate women because the can't date one. Instead of looking within for the reasons that might be, they blame the woman, the stranger. It's easier.
And why hawkeye do all your examples about woman have to do with bar stools? The vast majority of women aren't regulars in your local or any other bar. I can see why your opinion is so skewed, you've based your whole perspective on the lowest common denominator. And that ain't reality.
hawkeye10
 
  -3  
Reply Sun 19 Jun, 2011 05:10 pm
@Ceili,
Quote:
The vast majority of women aren't regulars in your local or any other bar. I can see why your opinion is so skewed, you've based your whole perspective on the lowest common denominator. And that ain't reality.
HA, dumping on women who go to bars I see....can we count on you to keep consistent at least and dump on women who go out and get themselves drunk, and then end up in sexual situations they dont like?

I didn't think so...
Arella Mae
 
  2  
Reply Sun 19 Jun, 2011 06:32 pm
@hawkeye10,
hawkeye you are one seriously messed up person! You treat your wife like she is some piece of meat to be passed around to every tom, dick, and harry and think you have any standing talking about women getting drunk and ending up in situations? And don't even try giving me it's some kind of structured consensual good thing. I honestly feel sorry for you. I honestly don't believe you see the total hypocrisy in this. YOU are the one that is outside of reality here. You are just SO FAR OUT you can't see it. You advocate for empowering women and the whole time you pass your wife around to other men? How is that empowering women? I wish you could see the hypocrisy in this. It's actually overwhelming.
OmSigDAVID
 
  1  
Reply Sun 19 Jun, 2011 06:33 pm
@ehBeth,
OmSigDAVID wrote:
A man (of either gender) defines himself (or herself)
by his or her deeds
ehBeth wrote:
apparently I'm a man since I'm usually the one waiting. It's been like that for decades.
I'm ready to go - whoever else it is is often still fiddling around getting ready.
I take it that u imply that the fiddler is a male.
I can only say that, to my mind, that is anomalous.





David
0 Replies
 
OmSigDAVID
 
  1  
Reply Sun 19 Jun, 2011 06:35 pm
@Arella Mae,
How r JJ n his mom, Arella ??





David
hawkeye10
 
  0  
Reply Sun 19 Jun, 2011 06:36 pm
@Arella Mae,
I have never hidden the fact that I am a radical, and erotically twisted, you were informed, I have acted responsibly by being honest about who I am and what I believe.
 

Related Topics

 
Copyright © 2021 MadLab, LLC :: Terms of Service :: Privacy Policy :: Page generated in 0.03 seconds on 05/14/2021 at 06:10:30