The kittens are coming!

Roberta

Reply Wed 12 Oct, 2011 12:31 am
@dlowan,
My Miranda used to be charming and help.

Patty was a little shy.

Mikey wasn't all that interested. But he coulda helped with heavy lifting if he chose to.
dlowan

Reply Wed 12 Oct, 2011 05:00 am
@Roberta,
Arrival today of the peek and play has been greeted with initial enthusiasm, but seems to have proven too easy.

http://www.petspalace.com.au/cats/cat-toys-and-treats/peek-and-play-cat-toy-box.html

Well, at least it's a good place to put stray toys!

The feeding maze

http://beth-wilson.co.uk/product-review-catit-design-senses-feeding-labyrinth

will hopefully make feeding time into a a challenge and delight...as we;ll as slowing down Ms Greedy Guts!

Sebastian has it all figured out...not sure about Miss Fussbudget...but she'll have to if she wants to eat. Although they have shown a disturbing tendency to just knock it over and cheat.
dlowan

Reply Thu 13 Oct, 2011 04:23 pm
@dlowan,
Both kittens working the maze. It makes me feel better because they have to put a bit of effort in, but they have it done in a short time.

I need a tougher maze!

The peek and play continues to amuse....though I have to keep putting things back in it. They found new mousie before I had unpacked it...brought it into my room last night.
Viola in a mad phase....wanting intensenplay and affection constantly...has a startling repertoire of Chirps and annoying actions to get them.
The choips are something!

Kittens no longer really convincing kittens...they are nine months old today!
ehBeth

Reply Thu 13 Oct, 2011 05:13 pm
@dlowan,
dlowan wrote:

Viola in a mad phase....wanting intensenplay and affection constantly...has a startling repertoire of Chirps and annoying actions to get them.
The choips are something!

see page 2 of this thread [me, spending hours watching hours of youtube clips of chirping woolies]
dlowan

Reply Thu 13 Oct, 2011 05:23 pm
@ehBeth,
Lol!

That was a hunting chitter.....Viola chirps are different, although I cannot say whether or not you heard Viola type choips in your journey through YouTube.
0 Replies

dlowan

Reply Thu 13 Oct, 2011 05:24 pm
@ehBeth,
You know Beth....I hate to say it, but you're looking like a dog lately. Well, two dogs.
ehBeth

Reply Thu 13 Oct, 2011 05:28 pm
@dlowan,
an ancient lady and an ancienter tramp

one appreciates one's ancient companions
dlowan

Reply Thu 13 Oct, 2011 05:35 pm
@ehBeth,
One does.....but dearheart.....a little depilatory for you?
ehBeth

Reply Thu 13 Oct, 2011 05:36 pm
@dlowan,
winter is approaching

one requires an extra layer of protection
dlowan

Reply Thu 13 Oct, 2011 07:11 pm
@ehBeth,
Then one has it!
dlowan

Reply Fri 14 Oct, 2011 04:56 pm
@dlowan,
Ha.....Viola now a food maze aficionado. I was able to make it harder.

They are enjoying the household chaos.
Roberta

Reply Fri 14 Oct, 2011 05:01 pm
@dlowan,
Glad to see that you're providing such wonderful activities for the kitties. Keeping them happy and alert. You're a good mum, you are.
dlowan

Reply Fri 14 Oct, 2011 09:51 pm
@Roberta,
The bliss of cats.....just right now having it.

It's a miracle, when you think of it....that we have this cross species mutual love and contentment. I am just lying here with Viola snuggled into me and Sebastian snuggled into her but also touching me.

Two utterly content little furry others and me as content as my busy brain lets me get (I was practicing breathing relaxation).

They'd both been mildly annoying me because I was trying to do something and they wanted attention and love.....then we all settled down and cuddled.

As we know, there is nothing as relaxed as a relaxed cat....and how they seem to be conscious of their bliss! Those little stirrings and curlings and stretchings, with the attendant little noises of lazy joy. Every now and then I look at them and sometimes get a glimpse of a blue or yellow eye as I am greeted with the slow, luxurious blink of the cat smile.

Their warmth against my side is delightful and I am stretching out this moment before I return to the demands of the Great Clear Out.
Roberta

Reply Fri 14 Oct, 2011 11:25 pm
@dlowan,
Remembering those cuddling purry times and sighing. Enjoy kitties, you lucky bunny, you.
dlowan

Reply Fri 14 Oct, 2011 11:43 pm
@Roberta,
Wish I could send you a 3D Feeliodisk!

I actually have a camera (as of Thursday) that takes video.
Roberta

Reply Sat 15 Oct, 2011 01:19 am
@dlowan,
A feeliodisk. I like that. You'll become rich and famous if you can pull that off.

Looking forward to the action shots. I love your felines.
dlowan

Reply Sat 15 Oct, 2011 08:45 am
@Roberta,
I have moved the sacred cat tower!!!!!!

Woollies appear ok.

I am leaving the old one out for them for a while.

I have to say that today would have taken half the time to do things in if they were not there to help.

dlowan

Reply Sun 16 Oct, 2011 07:34 am
@dlowan,
This place is getting seriously weird.

Tonight Sebastian was very curious about one of the cupboards on my computer desk. I left the room and came back to find he'd opened it and taken out a little pack of cat treats I'd stashed there and forgotten about. I intercepted him.

Opening cupboards is NOT a good happenstance.

Then Viola came in and demanded play.....and I discovered that if I spank her gently she will turn a somersault when I stop.

Then I was cooking.....with Viola literally scrabbling at my legs for attention. When I bent to scritch her, Sebastian jumped onto my shoulders....a trick he's been way too enthusiastic about lately. A moment later I found him nibbling on the chicken I had in the pot!

I had to really get cross with him, so he took himself off to a dining chair in the corner and looked at me anxiously for ages.

When I turned my back I caught him making his way back to the pot.

Thomas

Reply Sun 16 Oct, 2011 07:37 am
@dlowan,
dlowan wrote:
Opening cupboards is NOT a good happenstance.

On the other hand, it does mean he isn't as dumb as you thought he was. He even figured out which way to look at you to put you on a guilt trip!
tsarstepan

Reply Sun 16 Oct, 2011 07:48 am
@dlowan,
dlowan wrote:

Both kittens working the maze. It makes me feel better because they have to put a bit of effort in, but they have it done in a short time.

I need a tougher maze!

Sometimes we all just need a tougher maze to challenge and reinvigorate us mentally.
Quote:

Kittens no longer really convincing kittens...they are nine months old today!

Happy belated fractional birthday to the kitt... sorry ... young adult cats. Smile