The kittens are coming!

Roberta

Reply Wed 18 Jul, 2018 12:29 am
My late lamented Mikey was largely Maine coon--all 26 pounds of him. And he had the extra toes.
farmerman

Reply Wed 18 Jul, 2018 03:27 pm
@Roberta,
cant deal with extra toes. Its alien. Its a cat from Melmac
0 Replies

dlowan

Reply Wed 18 Jul, 2018 04:09 pm
@Roberta,
I love the look of Maine Coons.
farmerman

Reply Wed 18 Jul, 2018 06:19 pm
@dlowan,
But they are rather vain. See how they pose ??  https://tse4.mm.bing.net/th?id=OIP.0d2kCIqOTIl4Qn5DL6n5PwHaEK&w=300&h=168&c=7&o=5&dpr=1.45&pid=1.7
farmerman

Reply Wed 18 Jul, 2018 06:29 pm
@farmerman,
Up in New Brunswick they sell Maine Coons by the pound. Heres a normal sized order.

https://tse4.mm.bing.net/th?id=OIP._ZpBpDPAG1Mpwh8BGdKXDAHaFY&w=293&h=213&c=7&o=5&dpr=1.45&pid=1.7
0 Replies

Glennn

Reply Wed 18 Jul, 2018 07:50 pm
@glitterbag,
Quote:
we opened the front door

Thank you . . . Exclamation
glitterbag

Reply Wed 18 Jul, 2018 08:40 pm
@Glennn,
you're welcome?????
dlowan

Reply Mon 14 Jan, 2019 05:55 am
@glitterbag,
Woollies are eight today! Eight!

Not that you’d believe it if you’d seen Sebastian nearly catch a rabbit last week.

Roberta

Reply Mon 14 Jan, 2019 10:55 pm
@dlowan,
Eight!! Whoda thunk.

Give dem woollies a scritch from me.
dlowan

Reply Wed 16 Jan, 2019 02:37 pm
@Roberta,
It’s a shock.

They are quite subdued. We are in the middle of a heat wave that is killing animals and cooking fruit on the tree.....my house is beautifully designed to manage climate and we have air conditioning, but it’s still pretty warm for the woollies.

dlowan

Reply Sun 30 Jun, 2019 09:43 pm
@dlowan,
So now Sebastian is a one eyed cat. He seems prone to auto immune issues and we think he knocked it and this provoked a crazy inflammatory response. Fought it with meds but had to give up. His fur is just starting to reappear on the half his face they shaved, plus both his legs where they put in tubes and the bit of his neck where they took arterial blood.

He’s very happy ro be out of pain and not to have me putting stuff in his eye 8 times a day.

The cat next door is also one eyed.
What are the odds?

glitterbag

Reply Sun 30 Jun, 2019 09:46 pm
@dlowan,
I'm glad he's feeling better.
0 Replies

roger

Reply Mon 1 Jul, 2019 12:04 am
@dlowan,
Sadness.
dlowan

Reply Mon 1 Jul, 2019 06:17 am
@roger,
Not his. He’s a very happy little guy again...except he wants to be out for walks except when he wants to eat or snuggle with me.
Borat Sister

Reply Sat 11 Jan, 2020 11:15 pm
@dlowan,
Latest Viola story

My little girl, Viola,is a delightful little package.

She’s a happy, playful, wildly affectionate girl....but, with strangers, she likes to take her time to size them up before offering her friendship.

She’s interested and curious with them, but makes friends and allows touch on her terms....usually by hopping up behind them on the sofa back, sniffing their hair for a while and, if they pass some test known only to her, she’ll start mussing their hair! If she really loves you, she may pounce on your head and play bite.

Anyway, yesterday, a neighbour I haven’t met before came round to try on a pair of shoes that are too big for me.

This lady adores cats, but viola has met lots of cat lovers before without behaving like this.

As soon as the visitor sat, Viola sat closely in front of her on the coffee table, and gazed into the visitor’s eyes with stunning intensity. She is an intense eye contact cat...I can just do cat smiles at her with my eyes, or say her name, and she gazes back and rolls on her back, does somersaults or vocalises lovingly....or all three....but this was so intense the visitor described it as mesmerising

As she stared, viola tilted her head and began reaching out to touch the visitor’s face. Again, she touches my face a lot....but a stranger?

The only way I can describe it is to say it was like the gaze between people who are falling in love.....you know that time when you just want to look into each others’ eyes and be in bliss? Or the gaze between in infant and mother when they are deeply bonded.

The visitor found it very moving and enchanting. So did I.

Has anyone seen their cat react like this to a stranger?
roger

Reply Sat 11 Jan, 2020 11:25 pm
@Borat Sister,
No. Nermal ignores everyone till he wants something.
Sturgis

Reply Sat 11 Jan, 2020 11:36 pm
@Borat Sister,
My late Arthur either liked someone or he didn't. Often he'd rush away and hide. If he felt comfortable with the person he would brush against their leg/s. Some folks being too quick would take it as an invitation and scoop him up. Done too soon he wouldn't be pleased and sent forth his claws! He needed to know they weren't a threat.

Never had a cat like your Viola.
Borat Sister

Reply Sat 11 Jan, 2020 11:56 pm
@roger,
Mine ignore nobody
0 Replies

Borat Sister

Reply Sat 11 Jan, 2020 11:57 pm
@Sturgis,
No claws here unless you are murdering them.

All cats are unique. Viola and Sebastian are uniquer than many.
Borat Sister

Reply Wed 15 Jan, 2020 01:40 am
@Borat Sister,
Woollies turned nine yesterday

What an awful year poor little Sebastian had!

I’m still worried I’m losing him because he continues to lose weight. However he’s lively. He’s demanding a walk as we speak.