The kittens are coming!

dlowan

Reply Wed 28 Sep, 2011 06:07 am
@msolga,
It's pretty wild here......probably hot in port Augusta!

Actually it's 21 with showers.

31 here yesterday.........12 tomorrow.
msolga

Reply Wed 28 Sep, 2011 06:20 am
@dlowan,
Well that's what I call "extreme", Deb! Wink

31 to 21 to 12. Surprised

Are you railing, driving or flying to Port Augusta?
dlowan

Reply Thu 29 Sep, 2011 03:42 am
@msolga,
I drove. I was going to do it all in one day, but better sense prevailed and I'm in a motel tonight.

Been up since four thirty am.

I was worried about being late.

Woollies apparently being themselves at the vet

I haven't taught in the country before on my own, especially where they have had to pay for accommodation.....and I have completely re done the material,
So I was a bit nervous. It's nicer with two, especially with questions. There's someone to share any blame!

I'll drive home more sedately....it's a four hour drive.

Then I have to return the car and get home, pick up my car and collect the woollies.....my boss kindly told me not to bother coming back to work....and it's a long weekend. I'll likely do a phone consult from home on Friday...but otherwise yay!
msolga

Reply Thu 29 Sep, 2011 06:29 am
@dlowan,
Quote:
Been up since four thirty am.

You must be stuffed, Deb.
What a long day!

Quote:
I haven't taught in the country before on my own, especially where they have had to pay for accommodation.....and I have completely re done the material.

So how did it go? And also on your own.
Is that the material you had a thread about here, a while ago, Deb? You were looking for new sources of visual images, I think.

Quote:
I'll drive home more sedately....it's a four hour drive.

Then I have to return the car and get home, pick up my car and collect the woollies.....my boss kindly told me not to bother coming back to work....and it's a long weekend. I'll likely do a phone consult from home on Friday...but otherwise yay!

Hooray, a long weekend.
Excellent.
Just what you need after an effort like this.
I wonder how the woollies respond when they see you? Smile

dlowan

Reply Thu 29 Sep, 2011 06:41 am
@msolga,
The other material was for remote indigenous communities....I was teaching foster and relative carers and Families SA workers today.
msolga

Reply Thu 29 Sep, 2011 06:46 am
@dlowan,
Ah. I misunderstood, thinking you'd be working with indigenous communities again.
dlowan

Reply Thu 29 Sep, 2011 07:10 pm
@msolga,
Sitting in a kind of grocery store/cafe somewhere between Port Augusta and Port Pirie having breakfast. There's lots of.. fabulous local seafood for sale, which I can't buy because it would spoil on the trip back...but I may get some mulberry jam!

Took me forever to figure out how to get the goddam petrol cap off..goddam weird new cars!!!

I'm right on the threshold of the flinders ranges and I keep having to stop myself from taking off to see them again. There are dark and lowering clouds...the colour I tried to get fro my feature wall and kind if did....love it...the country is beautiful.
msolga

Reply Thu 29 Sep, 2011 07:34 pm
@dlowan,
Sounds like a wonderful, relaxing way to spend the last day of the working week, Deb.

So how did your new course material go over? And teaching solo, for a change?
I hope all went well.

Looking forward to seeing the woollies again in a few hours?
dlowan

Reply Thu 29 Sep, 2011 07:38 pm
@msolga,
The feedback from those who filled out the feedback sheets was great....but most of them didn't. The welfare people had to leave early.

Fingers crossed, I guess.

I like the control of being solo.

Yes....I rushed up so hard yesterday it's good being able to take it easier today.

But I'd better get cracking!
msolga

Reply Thu 29 Sep, 2011 07:42 pm
@dlowan,
Oh good.

Enjoy the rest of your trip & drive carefully!
dlowan

Reply Fri 30 Sep, 2011 12:15 am
@msolga,
We're home....woollies appear to have enchanted vet staff. Everyone came out to coo over them....very happy to be home though, I think...we're bounding all over the place. Well, not me so much. That damn huge car had seats which excruciated my back. I'm a cripple....nearly. Mind you, it had grunt for passing and good windscreen wipers....one couldn't see an inch in front of one's face for the rain at times.

Figuring out how to get fuel into the damned thing!!! Wasted ages. Couldn't get the petrol thing open for starters. I asked another Holden driver...and he explained you have to have it unlocked and then press on the featureless metal circle that covers the things you put fuel into. I say things because it takes LPG gas, and there's a sign saying you have to use it if possible. So I had to work out the world of LPG...again with the help of kind strangers.....only it didn't...work that is. I figured out why only later.

All the caravans out already! Mainly going the other way, thank heavens.

Oops....currently experiencing an onslaught of woolly love......aha, they're off again. Must have been awful in the cages, although I think they got a lot of attention.

Viola is bedeviling me with carpet scratching. They've grown!!!
Roberta

Reply Fri 30 Sep, 2011 12:44 am
Glad you're all home safe and sound
dlowan

Reply Fri 30 Sep, 2011 12:51 am
@Roberta,
Thank you!!!

You know, they're not woolly any more....they're kinky...or Marcel waved.

Oh my.+ My babies are growing up.
Roberta

Reply Fri 30 Sep, 2011 09:20 am
@dlowan,
Not gonna call them the Kinks or the Marceled. The woollies is gonna stick. Grown up or not.
ehBeth

Reply Fri 30 Sep, 2011 09:25 am
@dlowan,
glad you're all home and love-festing
dlowan

Reply Fri 30 Sep, 2011 09:48 pm
@ehBeth,
The love festing is out of hand.

Sebastian seems to have suffered from separation anxiety. If he's on me he's kissing and licking and stroking me....if he's not on me he's sobbing and begging to BE on me.

Roberta

Reply Sat 1 Oct, 2011 03:16 am
@dlowan,
He's still just a kid. Give the guy a break. He doesn't understand why you sent him off somewhere for what must have seemed like an eternity. He didn't know you were coming back.

Jeez. You are one tough bunny.
dlowan

Reply Sat 1 Oct, 2011 03:19 am
@Roberta,
Roberta wrote:

He's still just a kid. Give the guy a break. He doesn't understand why you sent him off somewhere for what must have seemed like an eternity. He didn't know you were coming back.

Jeez. You are one tough bunny.

But SEBASTIAN? Traumatized?

He's a tart! He's anyone's.

0 Replies

dlowan

Reply Sat 1 Oct, 2011 03:20 am
@Roberta,
Roberta wrote:

Not gonna call them the Kinks or the Marceled. The woollies is gonna stick. Grown up or not.

The Wavies?
ehBeth

Reply Sun 2 Oct, 2011 05:28 pm
@dlowan,
How are our darling woolies today?