The kittens are coming!

msolga

Reply Sun 25 Sep, 2011 02:49 am
@dlowan,
OK, I await future reports then!

Looking forward to the photographs, too!

Enjoy the rest of your Sunday evening, Deb.
And woollies too, of course. Smile
0 Replies

MontereyJack

Reply Sun 25 Sep, 2011 03:01 am
speaking of vacuuming, it's apparent that the next step you have to take in keeping the kitlets entertained and involved is to ditch that prosaic old vacuum you;ve got now for a Roomba, the robot vacuum cleaner.

dlowan

Reply Sun 25 Sep, 2011 03:05 am
@MontereyJack,
Those kittens are drugged!

Robert once claimed he had programmed one of those to chase his cousin's cats, but I don't believe it.
0 Replies

Roberta

Reply Sun 25 Sep, 2011 03:48 am
I congratulate your construction efforts. Olga doesn't worry about leftover doohickeys. I do. But only a little. Rest up. Relax. and then report.

Still remembering my tower. Got the thing up. Not only was Mikey not interested--at all--but he didn't fit on it. Dese PCs is a pain in the patoot, sometimes.
dlowan

Reply Sun 25 Sep, 2011 06:42 am
@Roberta,
That viola is something.

I did her claws and she's cross.....so she's scratching all the forbidden places she can find, turning round to make sure I'm looking before she does it. I cannot accurately delineate the naughtiness of the expression on her face when she does it.

When I was distracted by doing Sebastian's claws, she jumped up on the bed and did it there to make sure she really pissed me off.

One day her uppance will come.

Actually, it's going to come now, because I'm getting out the dreaded vacuum cleaner.

I really don't think she has a full understanding of the degree of control I hold over the economy here. It's almost as though she thinks I couldn't bear to exact serious retribution.
0 Replies

sozobe

Reply Sun 25 Sep, 2011 08:52 am
Got to the computer late today, sorry for the delay!

http://i34.photobucket.com/albums/d130/sozobe/photo-17.jpg

http://i34.photobucket.com/albums/d130/sozobe/photo-18.jpg

http://i34.photobucket.com/albums/d130/sozobe/photo-19.jpg

http://i34.photobucket.com/albums/d130/sozobe/photo-20.jpg

http://i34.photobucket.com/albums/d130/sozobe/photo-21.jpg

http://i34.photobucket.com/albums/d130/sozobe/photo-22.jpg

JPB

Reply Sun 25 Sep, 2011 09:03 am
Very cool! I love the new one. Are you going to keep both of them up?
dlowan

Reply Sun 25 Sep, 2011 09:03 am
@sozobe,
Thank you Soz!

As you can see, Viola is clearly saying she is sticking to the old one, thank you anyway! The blurs are her rolling around on and biting the top of the post.

She'll warm up. Even Sebastian is somewhat taken aback...he fell trying to get onto the top platform!

I'll have to move it to the other side of the windows, or somewhere else....it's too dominant there, I think.
0 Replies

dlowan

Reply Sun 25 Sep, 2011 09:06 am
@JPB,
JPB wrote:

Very cool! I love the new one. Are you going to keep both of them up?

I'll keep both until they warm to the new one....then I'll see. At present they have Miranda's old one in the study, and they use it a lot....but they're ugly bloody things. The oldest one is definitely for the tip.
dlowan

Reply Sun 25 Sep, 2011 09:32 am
@dlowan,
Phew! Viola got herself into a tizz with the claw cutting, the subsequent defiance and the whole lot of new stuff piling up on each other.

She almost began trying to suckle my armpit, and trying to dig her way into something....thebbottom of an imaginary litter, I think...very painful. Then she was frantic to lick my face....she tries to hold me down for licking, like a mother cat with a recalcitrant kitten.....as does Sebastian. For some reason my nose is the main target.

Finally I got out Miranda's soothing drops, and she settled down to licking that off her fur and has come down from orbit!

She's one intense little cat...as is sebastian, but in a goofier way.
dlowan

Reply Sun 25 Sep, 2011 10:02 am
@dlowan,
Ha....it's after 1.oo am here.....and I am going to be tired tomorrow, but needed to clean bedroom and study and now I need a bath.

Also...encouraging cat conquest of new toy.

Popped Sebastian on the top...and he ADORES it ...its curves make it lovely for cat lying, and he is just the right height to be able to talk to me, get scritches and reach his paws out for attention.

Viola has been on a lower shelf...but didn't stay long...it's actually a bit of a challenge to get from one perch to another, so it's good for bodies and brains (unless they fall on their heads!)

I've put the old perch next to the new one, to make exploration easy.

I can hear that it's happening, because the perch rocks a bit on my uneven floor and makes a bit of noise. I hear skittering and perch rocking going on apace.

It's got little doovies for uneven floors...but I might pop some paper under for now. It's making a LOT of noise.....
dlowan

Reply Sun 25 Sep, 2011 10:07 am
@dlowan,
Began to hear dragging noises which alarmed me....they're actually making merry in the boxes and wrapping the tower came in. Yay!

I'll resist my tidy impulses and leave the rubbish there until they're sick of it...two enrichments for the price of one!
dlowan

Reply Sun 25 Sep, 2011 10:44 am
@dlowan,
Viola loves hummus. That's weird.
ehBeth

Reply Sun 25 Sep, 2011 11:26 am
@dlowan,
Isn't it past your bedtime?
dlowan

Reply Sun 25 Sep, 2011 11:27 am
@ehBeth,
Yes....see three posts above.

Just bathed and putting out lights.

But I got three out of four things planned for today done.
Roberta

Reply Mon 26 Sep, 2011 12:56 am
@dlowan,
That's a very modern looking tower, kid. I like it. Glad the PCs seem to like it too.

Loved the pics. Thanks mucho, soz. Still smiling. Nice to see, deb, that you have a view of a park.

0 Replies

msolga

Reply Mon 26 Sep, 2011 06:49 pm
@sozobe,
Woollies in adventure land! Smile
Love it!

dlowan

Reply Wed 28 Sep, 2011 02:01 am
@msolga,
Woollies are, in fact, lodging at the vet's for the next two nights.

I'm traveling to Port Augusta to do some training and staying overnight. I was going to leave woollies to themselves but became anxious about the degree of mischief two woollies could get up to if left alone for 32 or more hours.

I have to leave at six am tomorrow, so they went in this morning. I called this afternoon to hear they had settled in well....even Viola.

The peace that reigned when I got home this evening was astounding!!!!!!
Roberta

Reply Wed 28 Sep, 2011 02:15 am
@dlowan,
I miss them.

Have a safe trip, and come back already.
0 Replies

msolga

Reply Wed 28 Sep, 2011 05:13 am
@dlowan,
It must be eerily quiet at your your place right now, Deb.

Good luck with your trip tomorrow.
Are you driving?
If so, I hope the weather's not as wild & woolly as we experienced here this afternoon.
Momma mia! Surprised