The kittens are coming!

Rockhead

Reply Mon 12 Sep, 2011 04:41 pm
@dlowan,
it has been my personal experience that when a cat decides to relieve themselves in your personal space, they are attempting to send you a personal message.

any idea what might have her knickers in a twist...?
dlowan

Reply Mon 12 Sep, 2011 04:48 pm
@mags314772,
Yes and it appears to be JUST quilts.....though she did piss a couple of times in plastic when she was tiny. She's fine except about the quilt.

I think that the traces of Miranda wee smell plus how much she loves to scrabble in quilts confused her initially, and she peed the first time....now there just seems to be a quilt/piss circuit in her brain.

Summer is coming so maybe I'll just have to do without and hope the association is broken, and spray repellent on the quilt when I put it back.

Sebastian just jumped in the bath...seemed to linger a bit before he jumped out.
dlowan

Reply Mon 12 Sep, 2011 04:50 pm
@Rockhead,
Rockhead wrote:

it has been my personal experience that when a cat decides to relieve themselves in your personal space, they are attempting to send you a personal message.

any idea what might have her knickers in a twist...?

She's an extremely intense and emotional little cat (they turn eight months tomorrow) so it might be expressing something.....but I'm more inclined to think it's just got wired into her brain somehow.

She's a happy little thing generally.
0 Replies

mags314772

Reply Mon 12 Sep, 2011 04:53 pm
@dlowan,
There must be something piss-inducing about plastic bags and plastic in general. My cats have done it numerous times, and have heard the same from other cat owners. We are careful not to leave any around.
Thomas

Reply Mon 12 Sep, 2011 05:33 pm
@dlowan,
Were those quilts old? Uric acid has sometimes served as the chemical basis for colors in carpets. In my family, you can tell which carpets contain them because our dog loves to lie on them. Perhaps it inspires your cat to add a little bit of her own color to your quilt.
caribou

Reply Mon 12 Sep, 2011 05:51 pm
I'm enjoying the woolie stories.
dlowan

Reply Mon 12 Sep, 2011 06:38 pm
@Thomas,
No.....the goose down one was less than a year old, and the synthetic one was brand new.

Sigh.
0 Replies

dlowan

Reply Mon 12 Sep, 2011 06:38 pm
@caribou,
Thank you! I'm enjoying seeing you around.
0 Replies

dlowan

Reply Mon 12 Sep, 2011 06:41 pm
@mags314772,
That's interesting.

Viola first pissed in a litter package I had left round for them to play with, when she and Sebastian had become confused about how to access their tray. I thought that was pretty clever of her! Then she did it in a plastic bag when her tray was readily available, so there clearly is something about plastic. I have to say, on both those occasions not a drop went on the floor!
dlowan

Reply Tue 13 Sep, 2011 04:53 am
@dlowan,
It's official.

Sebastian is weird.

He likes to be spanked.

Also, tonight, he was on top of the bookcase crying for the fire sprinkler outlet. He had his little arm reaching out for it, I could see that he was calculating if he could reach it if he jumped, and he was crying for me to get it for him......little calls that are kind of a cross between tweets and barks.

I've heard of crying for the moon....but REALLY!

Fortunately he realized he would fall even if he did reach it when he jumped (which he probably could, dammit). I hope he never decides that the downside is worth the moment of glory.

He loves his little nest box up there. He's up there now, peering down now and then. He spends part of the night up there, RUSTLING, dammit, then usually comes down to join Viola and me.

Viola has discovered the joys of snuggling with me. Both of them didn't snuggle for sleep before, often not even with each other....but Viola has now learned that snuggling on cold nights is nice and a fine little snuggler she is.

She owes me the warmth. I can't have a quilt and I don't have any blankets. Bad cat.

Her obsessive licking continues. I used to be able to stop her by blowing air in her face/mouth when she did it....but now she seems to view my resistance as part of the fun. I swear the more I struggle the more she loves it.

What have I done?

msolga

Reply Tue 13 Sep, 2011 04:58 am
@dlowan,
So one likes to be spanked & the other one wees on your quilts ....
Hmmmm ....
Something not quite right there.

Wink
dlowan

Reply Tue 13 Sep, 2011 04:59 am
@msolga,
msolga wrote:

So one likes to be spanked & the other continually wees on your quilts ....
Hmmmm ....
Something not quite right there.

Wink

Well, that's not ALL she does....but there's some weird dynamics going on all right.

I swear it's the cats.
msolga

Reply Tue 13 Sep, 2011 05:00 am
@dlowan,
Well it can't be you!
0 Replies

Roberta

Reply Tue 13 Sep, 2011 01:34 pm
What have you done? You got cats. That's what you done. They're all weird. In individual ways. You lucky bunny, you.
dlowan

Reply Sun 18 Sep, 2011 06:27 am
@Roberta,
First trip in the kitten car!!

Very successful.

It does kind of work as a rucksack....and Viola could stay inside until she was ready to get out....which she insisted on doing quite quickly.

Then She started walking.

Sebastian was very sweet in that he is learning to go where I want, which means he was very kind about going where Viola wanted to go.

Both kittens seem very at peace after all that stimulation.
mags314772

Reply Tue 20 Sep, 2011 03:02 pm
@dlowan,
What's up with the babies?
Roberta

Reply Tue 20 Sep, 2011 03:31 pm
@dlowan,
Loved picturing the woollies in the great outdoors. I walked Miranda on a leash. She never once went where I wanted her to go. Like mother, like fuzzy daughter.
sozobe

Reply Tue 20 Sep, 2011 03:33 pm
@Roberta,
Aw. You need a cat.

I just had an out-of-left field thought. It sprung to mind from the idea that I've dealt with a bunch of cat shelters that are completely full. They'd like to serve more cats but they just don't have room.

I wonder if there is any sort of situation where you could provide shelter and love for a cat, and an organization can provide food and vet care if needed?

No cost to you, is the idea.
Roberta

Reply Tue 20 Sep, 2011 03:38 pm
@sozobe,
Out of the question, soz. Recent tests revealed a major, MAJOR allergy to cats. Off the charts allergy.

But it was a loverly thought. Sigh.
sozobe

Reply Tue 20 Sep, 2011 03:42 pm
@Roberta,
Oh. Phooey.

(I'd already fired off an email to fostercats.org to see if they had any ideas/ suggestions.) Off the charts allergy, eh? Phooey.

At least dlowan is here to provide all of us cat lovers who are currently catless with vicarious feline thrills.

(Psst, dlowan, that's your cue.)