The kittens are coming!

Roberta

Reply Thu 8 Sep, 2011 05:28 pm
@dlowan,
My hoper is shifting into high gear on this, kid. Don't like my bunny in pain. This guy better be able to help you. I'm not nearby, but my frame of mind is such that I might just punch his lights out if he doesn't ease your pain.

Snarling but concerned.
dlowan

Reply Thu 8 Sep, 2011 11:44 pm
@Roberta,
Thank you...that's a lot from someone whose hoper has had such an exhausting time for a long time.

I have already ordered/downloaded a couple of books on the over sensitivity thing.

Meanwhile....Cornish Rex are suppoed to be very quiet, but mine are becoming more and more talkative. Sebastian just really has one sort of wail, which has to mean everything.....but Viola is developing a major vocab of mews and chirps and things that sound a bit like soprano barks. She talks a LOT. Her voice is softer than a Siamese, and higher pitched, but very demanding. I'm starting to call her Little Miss Fussbudget.

Sebastian's favourite game at present is lying along the double towel rail (when they haven't dragged the towel to the floor) and being lightly spanked and tickled. He adopts this very odd Baaaaaaad Pussy Cat look and wriggles in ecstasy.

Ok, it's weird. I admit it.
Roberta

Reply Fri 9 Sep, 2011 12:04 am
@dlowan,
I love talky cats. You can really get a sense of what they mean, kinda. You certainly can tell their frame mind.

Do you converse with them, or is the talking one way?
dlowan

Reply Fri 9 Sep, 2011 02:20 am
@Roberta,
Oh, I talk......I have talked to all my animals. Glad these two seem to be way more chatty than most of their breed. I figured if a cat has Siamese coloring there has to be a lot of Siamese in them, and I think this true of Viola. In fact, she's a lot like my favourite Siamese, who tend to be the littlest seal or chocolate girl in the litter. They seem to tend to be especially full of piss and vinegar......which I love.....and extremely intense.

That's Viola.

A bit much at times.....but a whole lotta cat.

Bit like a certain cheetah I have heard tell of......
0 Replies

JPB

Reply Fri 9 Sep, 2011 09:06 am
@dlowan,
Glad to hear there's hope for some pain management.

Love reading along with the kitty saga.
dlowan

Reply Fri 9 Sep, 2011 10:12 am
@JPB,
Awwwwwwwww.....thank you.

Keep thinking it must be boring as batshit.
dlowan

Reply Fri 9 Sep, 2011 10:20 am
@dlowan,
I have an embarrassing confession. I bought them a kind of cat stroller thing.....it looks like a suitcase on wheels, except a lot of the front is mesh.

Given how dangerous it is carrying both over big, main roads (because of Sebastian's heedless and fierce struggles) I figured I could use it to get them to where I want to let them explore. Hopefully if they settle to it and since it turns into a rucksack, it might mean I can take a decent human walk, let them out, and get more proper exercise getting them home.

Also, since Viola is more timid, I may be able to let her get used to parks from safety while still being able to let Sebastian run around.

We'll see.....it's been too cold to get them out, or I have had engagements myself, since I got it so the workability is moot.

Oh the embarrassment!
0 Replies

sozobe

Reply Fri 9 Sep, 2011 11:17 am
@dlowan,
dlowan wrote:
Keep thinking it must be boring as batshit.

Unless batshit is interesting, funny, and charming.... no.
0 Replies

Roberta

Reply Fri 9 Sep, 2011 11:59 am
Unembarrassize yourself, bunny. I love that you have a stroller for the woollies. LOVE IT. Poifect idea. They get to enjoy the great outdoors, and you don't have to worry about getting them to move where you want them to go.
0 Replies

ehBeth

Reply Fri 9 Sep, 2011 02:20 pm
@dlowan,
dlowan wrote:

Sebastian's favourite game at present is lying along the double towel rail (when they haven't dragged the towel to the floor) and being lightly spanked and tickled. He adopts this very odd Baaaaaaad Pussy Cat look and wriggles in ecstasy.

Ok, it's weird. I admit it.

this seems like it should be part of some kind of tarts and vicars thread
dlowan

Reply Fri 9 Sep, 2011 05:03 pm
@ehBeth,
It's as wrong as Viola's pink, crimson nippled breasts.

And that's WAY Wrong.

She was insane this morning.

She has this tiny remnant of a cellophane and silver foil wrapper that she is is crazy about. It's turning into a crumb but she still brings it in, in a frenzy, for me to throw for her. I think it may have disintegrated finally this morning.

She just came in....not sure if it was for a smooch, or to find Thing.

She always plinks herself in front of iPad......obscuring it, or wanting to play with it.

Same with computer. Her favourite computer game is Luxor.

Sebastian currently exploring the tops of the bookcases.
0 Replies

mags314772

Reply Fri 9 Sep, 2011 06:32 pm
@dlowan,
I love the kitty saga too. And I think it's wonderful that you got them a stroller. The charm of this kitty saga is the quality of your talent in writing it. You paint wonderful word pictures for us to read.
dlowan

Reply Sat 10 Sep, 2011 09:28 am
@mags314772,
That is a very kind thing to say. Thank you.

Sebastian has found a little piece of heaven.

I have a storage basket on top of one of the book cases in my bedroom. It's full of papers and stuff (that I need to cull, come to think of it).

Sebastian has been gradually exploring it on his forays and has decided he loves it. He now settles down in the basket up there......sometimes causing me to worry about where he is....then two little ears appear and I know all is well.

His man cave thing also extends to their new stroller and their carry cage, until I put it away. I wonder if he might actually deign to look at the nice soft little sleeping den I bought them, and which they have consistently ignored?

His fascination with things that go round has now grown to include the microwave....he loves it as much as the washing machine. I found him in the fridge the other day. Luckily he hadn't been in there long.

He's a menace to himself!

dlowan

Reply Sat 10 Sep, 2011 04:44 pm
@dlowan,
Meanwhile, Viola is creating hell. It was months between the first time she pissed my quilt and the second time.

It was minutes after I put the newly washed and dried quilt down on the bed that she did it again.

Dead quilt. Grrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr.....

Off to Ikea to buy a cheapie. No expensive quilts until this problem has GONE.
dlowan

Reply Sat 10 Sep, 2011 05:34 pm
@dlowan,
Viola Overcomes Monster.

Heard Viola mewing coming from somewhere. Usually it's just her echo locator....she mews, I echo, and she knows where I am and comes to me.

This morning the mewing just got more desperate when I called back.

Sebastian and I investigated.

There she was in the bathroom, a tiny helpless kitten trapped by a terrible monster.

The mop and bucket.

Sebastian had clearly knocked it over when he jumped down from the basket on top of the washing machine and it lay in Viola's exit.....obviously intending to grab her when she stepped over it.

Sadly for Viola she has a cruel and implacable mum who refused to rescue her, but made her face the beast!

She screwed up her courage, after numerous little approaches, and made it to safety and enthusiastic accolades for her bravery.

Cats.
msolga

Reply Sat 10 Sep, 2011 09:22 pm
@dlowan,
Smile
0 Replies

Roberta

Reply Sun 11 Sep, 2011 12:02 am
You've got your hands full, deb. Glad Sebastian now has his favorite spot. Sorry to hear about the quilt.

Still green with envy. I miss having a pet. I like the chaos and the surprises. Enjoy.
dlowan

Reply Sun 11 Sep, 2011 06:21 am
@Roberta,
Chaos I got.
dlowan

Reply Mon 12 Sep, 2011 03:29 pm
@dlowan,
Evil Viola gave new quilt ONE NIGHT then pissed on it.

She obviously has come to think of quilts as places to piss.

Not sure how to approach this as I shivered under a rug last night.

Sigh.

mags314772

Reply Mon 12 Sep, 2011 04:36 pm
@dlowan,
The cat who pisses where it shouldn't is the nightmare of every cat owner. From the perspective of one who has kept cats as companions for nearly 40 years, there aren't any easy answers. I've had folks tell me to shut the cat up in a small area with nothing but the litter pan for awhile. This always seemed cruel to me. I guess it's designed to make the cat re-learn that there's only one acceptable place to pee. I know how worrisome this is for you. She is, after all, your baby.