The kittens are coming!

Roberta

Reply Wed 31 Aug, 2011 02:18 am
Hey, I don't like that low-fat food. Why should they?

So I'm looking out my cab window today, and I see a very skinny woman with a very skinny daughter. And I thought, "Eat something, you skinny merinks."

Let's face it. I'm not the most disciplined person in the world. And I grew up in a culture of, "Ess, ess."

How you doin', deb?
dlowan

Reply Wed 31 Aug, 2011 02:37 am
@Roberta,
sitting here eating sandwich i bought on way home...too busy to get food at work today...fighting off woollies who are attempting to lay beseeching paws on my lunch,,,have managed to fight them off by giving them sandwich packet.

got an extremely warm reception tonight.....with complaints of not having been cuddled for YEARS and such.

both cats ignoring their dinner and going for chat and cuddles.

there's a kookaburra calling and they are fascinated.

i'm stuffed.....bloody intake today...

0 Replies

dlowan

Reply Wed 31 Aug, 2011 02:37 am
@Roberta,
wot's a merink?
0 Replies

dlowan

Reply Wed 31 Aug, 2011 07:14 am
@margo,
Awwwww...thank you.

Kitten Le Mans in progress. I cannot describe how crazy they look. Must be the capsicum they both ate earlier.
sozobe

Reply Wed 31 Aug, 2011 07:35 am
@dlowan,
That iPhone of yours can take video, right?

I'd love to see them in action.

From safety on the other side of the globe.
dlowan

Reply Wed 31 Aug, 2011 07:58 am
@sozobe,
I think the camera is so bad you would just see blurs.

Occasionally one of them stops and looks especially like an imp of Satan (Sebastian) or a cute kitten pretending to look like an imp of Satan (Viola) but it's very unpredictable.

Mind you, when Viola bites something for real, it's sobering to see the power in that weeny little jaw.

I might be able to afford a better camera in a while...if i ever get access to this ferking refinancing I have done.

Boy, did I pick the wrong broker and financial institution this time.
Eva

Reply Wed 31 Aug, 2011 09:26 am
@dlowan,
I love reading about V & S, but I have been wondering about something from the beginning...

How do you pronounce "Viola"? Vee-OH-lah, VIE-oh-lah? (I've heard both.)
dlowan

Reply Wed 31 Aug, 2011 05:15 pm
@Eva,
Vee-OH- la.
mags314772

Reply Wed 31 Aug, 2011 06:52 pm
@dlowan,
And how is VeeOHla doing? Lethargic or supercharged?
dlowan

Reply Wed 31 Aug, 2011 11:59 pm
@mags314772,
Like a kitten.

Supercharged sometimes.....sleepy sometimes.

Sebastian just goes until the battery runs out.
0 Replies

Roberta

Reply Thu 1 Sep, 2011 02:54 am
Uh oh. I've been mispronouncing Viola's name all this time. I hope she's not offended.

dlowan

Reply Thu 1 Sep, 2011 03:07 am
@Roberta,
She's the forgiving sort.
dlowan

Reply Fri 2 Sep, 2011 07:38 pm
@dlowan,
What a morning!!!!

Saturday and I want to sleep in a bit. Viola decides Enough is enough just after seven and I am subjected to endless licking and pawing. I outlast her only to be woken by a crash caused by Sebastian somewhere.

Viola demanding intense play and cuddles. When Sebastian comes along and monopolizes, viola goes to floor and grabs my dangling foot. Leaving bleeding wounds! She's so excited she's forgetting about the goddamn CLAWS!

She wants to play with a tiny bit of cellophane, and so I end up with a number of other wounds.

She's cute with it though......sometimes she likes to lie on her back and manipulate it so that she looks like a Siamese sea otter juggling.

They HAVE to get tired soon, please!

Viola managed to launch herself pretty high in the sir....like a woolly, chubby aerialist, though Sebastian remains the higher leaper.

dlowan

Reply Fri 2 Sep, 2011 07:49 pm
@dlowan,
Viola is showing her Siamese heritage in her relationship with me. There's an intense desire for personal communication and the beginnings of a desire to have exclusive time with me. I'm not sure there wasn't an element of pissed offness in the slashing of my foot.....I'd let Sebastian muscle in on HER game with me.

He gets a bit upset if he thinks she's getting all the attention, too.....mews pathetically.....and I have to reassure him.

He's intense too, but it's more of an attitude to life thing with him.

Though we are starting to get times with him when he just wants to hang quietly and have gentle cuddles. Before, it was like a strong lightbulb.....incandescent or off.
dlowan

Reply Sun 4 Sep, 2011 05:52 am
@dlowan,
Claw cutting morning.

Viola good......Sebastian sobbing tragically.....at one point I had to hold him so hard to keep him still that I must have compressed his poor little chest and he started coughing. I was terrified I'd hurt him, but he's fine.

His little sobs are inexpressibly pathetic and make me feel like a nazi.

Roberta

Reply Tue 6 Sep, 2011 05:00 pm
@dlowan,
Sebastian sobs? Never heard a cat sob. I'm impressed. It ain't easy being a feline parent.
dlowan

Reply Wed 7 Sep, 2011 07:33 pm
@Roberta,
It's not so awfully much that it SOUNDS like sobbing exactly, the EFFECT is of gentle, hopeless sobbing.....breaks my heart. It's so soft and plaintive.

Meanwhile, Viola is nuts. She's doing Sebastian while Sebastian is doing her.

She's constantly looking for things to DO......she mews at me when I am not entertaining her. She digs me up......patting my face and licking frantically and positively bursting with purring. Those little claws hurt....even since I cut them!

She's also losing the extreme wooliness and starting to look more like a proper Cornish Rex.
dlowan

Reply Thu 8 Sep, 2011 04:03 pm
@dlowan,
Since this is sometimes a bit of a diary thread

I saw pain doctor yesterday and have a bit of hope that he may be able to do some stuff that doesn't involve oral painkillers.

I have to have an MRI first and such.

He also explained thevweird attacks I get where my whole body hurts like hell for a few weeks. It's something I knew about, can't remember the name of, but often happens in chronic pain, where your pain receptors learn to be way over sensitive and go nutso. That makes sense to me as I had a few weeks of major flare up in my neck prior to it occurring.

I suspect even just knowing what it is will help as I have no doubt there's a major psychological component to it.

So, crossed fingers this guy can help.....and I can deal with the help. Injections aren't my favourite thing.
mags314772

Reply Thu 8 Sep, 2011 04:47 pm
@dlowan,
Do you have fibromyalgia?
dlowan

Reply Thu 8 Sep, 2011 04:48 pm
@mags314772,
I don't think so.
0 Replies