The kittens are coming!

Roberta

Reply Tue 5 Feb, 2013 04:40 pm
@dlowan,
Hey, Deb, How's your mouth? How are the woollies? Do they (and I) have to wait until the weekend to get a report about the stroller?
dlowan

Reply Fri 8 Feb, 2013 06:43 pm
@Roberta,
Sorry Boida.....haven't been around here much in the last few days.

Woollies good....bit bored because I got a bit tired and pained after a very nasty tooth extraction.

Woollies Currently enjoying the fact that the place has turned into an obstacle course as I rearrange furniture....have a large Chinese cabinet that has become surplus to need that I hope I can get into the shed with my trusty sack truck before Sunday when I have guests! Also hoping I can get current dining setting out into the shed and replace it with one of my outdoor settings until the new dining stuff comes off lay by!

Am pissed off because all the plants I struggled to get into the back garden over the last few months are just sitting and sulking....not really growing! Place looks ridiculous! They are even hard to fertilise because the garden is mixed native and non native, and non native fertiliser kills natives.

Woollies have been running races over, between and onto the obstacle course.

Sebastian has proven himself a true Australian man. A friend came over on Thursday night to pick up some moving boxes from the shed....I took the opportunity to bring Sebastian along to show her where they were. He took to the shed like....well, an Australian man! When offered a walk, he wouldn't leave the shed. My boy has become an Aussie Bloke. Soon he'll be demanding a beer fridge out there.

Viola appears to be becoming more playful as she gets older. She amuses herself greatly with all manner of imaginary toys and skitters around the house pretending to be a fierce panther. Very amusing until her latest habit of pouncing on my nose manifests itself. Sadly I can't find the claw clippers. I think they have conspired to hide them.
Roberta

Reply Sat 9 Feb, 2013 03:29 am
@dlowan,
Greatly enjoyed the woollie report with hints of your life woven in. The extraction is still a problem. Phooey on teeth.

Guys are guys. Mikey was a blue-collar kinda guy. He never saw a shed, but I'm sure that if he had, I never could have gotten him out of it.

Glad that Viola is playful. She sounds divinely feline. Except for when she pounces on your nose.

I hope you got everything together and ready for you guests. And I hope that you and they have a nice time together.

Sorry to hear about the nongrowing plants. What I know about plants could fit in a plant seed. But I'm sympathetic.
dlowan

Reply Sat 9 Feb, 2013 04:23 am
@Roberta,
I am in the process of moving furniture still! I just moved a bookcase into my bedroom. In the process of moving stuff on the floor to make room for it, something black looking scuttled out and ran under the bed. I don't know if its a mouse, a giant cockroach or a THING.

Here I am with two perfectly healthy bloody cats AND THEY DIDN'T EVEN NOTICE IT.....MUCH LESS CHASE IT!

I don't know what or where it is, but now I know it's in my bedroom I am not happy.

I understand that this lacks some logic, because it has been here goodness knows how long....but I don't bloody care!
Roberta

Reply Sat 9 Feb, 2013 04:40 am
@dlowan,
Totally, 100 percent sympathetic. Tell dem felines to get to work.

In your bedroom! Oy.
dlowan

Reply Sat 9 Feb, 2013 04:41 am
@Roberta,
I'm a little scared. It's a THING.

Also, if they DO catch it they'll bring it into bed. With me! Into MY bed!
farmerman

Reply Sat 9 Feb, 2013 06:54 am
@dlowan,
you have funnel web spiders there yes?

Scare the **** outta me, funnel webs do
dlowan

Reply Sat 9 Feb, 2013 07:21 am
@farmerman,
Nope...we don't have funnel webs here.

Thank you for the thought, though!
0 Replies

ossobuco

Reply Sat 9 Feb, 2013 08:53 am
@dlowan,
I've thought of a party game you can instigate: Rescue Me By Finding The Thing.

Says MissBigBugFear.
dlowan

Reply Sat 9 Feb, 2013 02:23 pm
@ossobuco,
Survived first night with the THING and two oblivious cats!

It's big....they ought not to be able to miss it!
Roberta

Reply Sun 10 Feb, 2013 01:25 pm
@dlowan,
Very surprised that the felines aren't giving some indication that they know the THING is there--even if they don't go after it.

Not gonna question the presence of the THING. You said you saw it. You saw it.

Adding your THING to my list of things to worry about.
dlowan

Reply Sun 10 Feb, 2013 03:03 pm
@Roberta,
Did pretty major clean yesterday and saw no thing. Unless its back in the bags I initially startled it from!
Cats were locked in bedroom area yesterday. No evidence of deadTHING.
MontereyJack

Reply Sun 10 Feb, 2013 04:00 pm
Think this could be the THING?
0 Replies

Rockhead

Reply Sun 10 Feb, 2013 04:03 pm
@dlowan,
why would you think it dead?

if it has survived unscathed this long, it is obviously a very self sufficient thing...
0 Replies

Roberta

Reply Sun 10 Feb, 2013 05:07 pm
@dlowan,
Well, they coulda ate it. But I suspect that the THING has moved along. Hope so.
0 Replies

ossobuco

Reply Sun 10 Feb, 2013 06:06 pm
@dlowan,
how big, exactly?

(memories of a godzilla cockroach in the hotel that used to be a convent in Guatamala City>
dlowan

Reply Sun 17 Feb, 2013 04:56 am
@ossobuco,
It looked big or small rat size....but I suspect shock added to its dimensions!

Just got back from walking Sebastian AND Viola! Viola seemed very happy inside the stroller and has been happy and playful since returning home.

Sebastian thought it was too hot for a lot of walking.....so he spent a part of the time on TOP......lying like a lion couchant on top of a land rover! Just to add to the humiliation quotient. He loved it.

I think we have a winner!
nextone

Reply Sun 17 Feb, 2013 10:05 am
@dlowan,
Happy news. Good for V & S . Model behavior on your very own catwalk.

Now, Deb, be honest. Did you ever picture yourself perambulating with a cat in a pram? Oh the things we do for love!

ehBeth

Reply Sun 17 Feb, 2013 10:13 am
@dlowan,
dlowan wrote:
I think we have a winner!

I think we need a photo.
sozobe

Reply Sun 17 Feb, 2013 02:23 pm
@ehBeth,
Oh yes.
0 Replies