The kittens are coming!

ehBeth

Reply Mon 15 Oct, 2012 11:57 am
@Thomas,
Thomas wrote:
Sounds like you're feeding him too much. Don't worry, he'll work for his food when he has to.

you could be on to something there.
dlowan

Reply Mon 15 Oct, 2012 01:44 pm
@ehBeth,
His well fed state ought to have given him optimum strength and agility.

He's a pussy.
Thomas

Reply Mon 15 Oct, 2012 02:21 pm
@dlowan,
dlowan wrote:
He's a pussy.

Always with the Sopranos metaphors. But you're right. Big Pussy wouldn't have been much of a jumper, either.
dlowan

Reply Mon 15 Oct, 2012 02:32 pm
@Thomas,
But he IS a magnificent jumper.

Roberta

Reply Mon 15 Oct, 2012 02:38 pm
@dlowan,
He's a kind and gentle soul. He just didn't WANT to attack dem boids.
dlowan

Reply Mon 15 Oct, 2012 03:39 pm
@Roberta,
Roberta wrote:

He's a kind and gentle soul. He just didn't WANT to attack dem boids.

I'm beginning to think you are correct. Just then I surprised him in what appeared to be amiable interaction with next door's cat through the screen door.

The moment he saw me, he hurled himself at the cat with full force.....stymied only by the crime mesh.

I think he's either a wuss, or a secret pacifist....but he feels he ought to be a fierce cat.
dlowan

Reply Tue 16 Oct, 2012 03:45 pm
@dlowan,
This has NOT been a good morning.

Firstly it was so cold I could barely bear to get up.

Having done so I went to get knickers and jeans from the laundry basket....I am on Intake so I won't be seeing any clients.....when I got to laundry I could smell the dreaded cat pee. Tracked it down to where my brand new quilt is in the laundry tub soaking in water and urine off in a last ditch attempt to save it.

Moved it around in water and decided it was likely time to dry it off and see how it was going.

Went to take washed quilt cover from machine....found it was wet....took it outside to drip while I decided what to do....put it back in machine hoping the spin cycle would operate properly this time.

Went to laundry basket....wetness and cat pee smell on two of my favourite garments!!!! I decide it is so wet that it must be quilt soaking water and put clothes in bucket in water and urine off.

Go to get garbage bag to put used litter in as cat's trays need cleaning.

Fail to realize quilt water has saturated laundry floor.

Slip on quilt water and fall over...wrenching my back and neck.

Deal with litter trays and sit down to sulk and write this because I am quite shaken and need some time to stop hurting so much so I can drive to work.

I blame the carbon tax.
Rockhead

Reply Tue 16 Oct, 2012 04:10 pm
@dlowan,
urk.

is there scotch when you return?
sozobe

Reply Tue 16 Oct, 2012 04:20 pm
@dlowan,
dlowan wrote:

Slip on quilt water and fall over...wrenching my back and neck.

Deal with litter trays and sit down to sulk and write this because I am quite shaken and need some time to stop hurting so much so I can drive to work.

Oh no!

That is terrible.

Really the last thing you needed after all of the back and neck problems you've already had.
Roberta

Reply Tue 16 Oct, 2012 05:44 pm
@dlowan,
Oh, no. The bunny is immersed in pee and pain. I'm with you, Deb. What a way to start the day.

Sigh.
dlowan

Reply Wed 17 Oct, 2012 03:13 am
@Rockhead,
Rockhead wrote:

urk.

is there scotch when you return?

Guess I picked the wrong day to give up alcohol!

Just this minute got home and am sipping wine.
0 Replies

dlowan

Reply Wed 17 Oct, 2012 03:14 am
@sozobe,
Am sore, but not horribly so. Hope all will be ok.

0 Replies

dlowan

Reply Wed 17 Oct, 2012 03:15 am
@Roberta,
Roberta wrote:

Oh, no. The bunny is immersed in pee and pain. I'm with you, Deb. What a way to start the day.

Sigh.

The pee is worse! But it's from the day she pissed on the bed. Think I just need to declare the quilt dead and have done with it.

Edit. Bloody Sebastian just broke his third Da Bird!

But tomorrow the blind man cometh. Kaloo kalay....horrible scabrous decrepit and hideously ugly old vertical blinds bite the dust!
Roberta

Reply Wed 17 Oct, 2012 03:43 am
@dlowan,
If the pee is worse than the pain, that's a good thing, I think. Don't like to think of you in pain.

If the blind man is supposed to cometh, I hope he comeths better than my phone repair guy cameth.

dlowan

Reply Wed 17 Oct, 2012 03:59 am
@Roberta,
Your phone is STILL not ok? Please no!
Roberta

Reply Wed 17 Oct, 2012 04:06 am
@dlowan,
My phone is fine. What I was referring to is that the phone guy was supposed to show up on Tuesday. No show. And Wednesday. No show. And on Thursday I was hysterical on the phone (in the lobby) trying to get the phone guy to show up. He did

I'm just hoping that the blind guy shows up when he's supposed to and that he brings the right blinds.
dlowan

Reply Wed 17 Oct, 2012 04:15 am
@Roberta,
I have faith. I will only be there on thursday....they have made the blinds...they want money, they show up.
dlowan

Reply Mon 29 Oct, 2012 06:49 am
@dlowan,
Well. This is new. Sebastian jumped from the bed into my arms...not QUITE ready for him...but no real harm done! Very cute if not for the claws! I can't find the claw clippers.

Blind man came....man came to paint. Looks fabulous in my humble view.

Had both cats out in the garden the other day....Sebastian on a leash and Viola very tentatively exploring on her own. Sebastian and the birds continue to develop their odd relationship.

Focused on gardening on weekend.

Viola VERY lively...funny little besom. I was home because I really injured my back with too much gardening. Nice to spend such a lovely day here, though.....but it was boring not being able to do housework when I was here. Hope bloody back is better tomorrow. Cats enjoyed snuggling.

Hard to believe I am in the same planet as you east coast nort Americans . Glorious day...not a cloud in the sky. Tonight the sea was liquid gold with barely a ripple as the moon rose over the hills and the last of the suns light glowed above the horizon.
ehBeth

Reply Mon 29 Oct, 2012 06:57 am
@dlowan,
dlowan wrote:
it was boring not being able to do housework

what an odd odd phrase
dlowan

Reply Mon 29 Oct, 2012 07:25 am
@ehBeth,
I WANTED to and I couldn't!