ehBeth

Reply Mon 29 Oct, 2012 07:47 am
@dlowan,
you're just making it worse

I'm starting to worry about you!
dlowan

Reply Mon 29 Oct, 2012 08:03 am
@ehBeth,
I like to live in a clean and harmonious environment! What's wrong with that. I was in the environment and it was not clean or harmonious enough for my taste.
sozobe

Reply Mon 29 Oct, 2012 08:16 am
@dlowan,
I'm more worried about that back of yours. Sad It's not having an easy time of it. How are you feeling today?
dlowan

Reply Mon 29 Oct, 2012 08:24 am
@sozobe,
Sore so far....it's one fifty am. About to do more back exercises. It'll be ok...I'm just being careful because I had pre ruptured disk symptoms and I ain't having that happen again!

Actually, it's been dicey since I slipped on the quilt water! My knee is still sore from that...must have squished some nerves cos part of it is numb...with tingles.

I am lost in shatner land...just watched an episode of Boston Legal....and am watching in disbelief as an episode of TJ Hooker is announced! It's a plot. mind you, he's great in BL.

sozobe

Reply Mon 29 Oct, 2012 08:39 am
@dlowan,
Not Shatnerland!

Yeah, I've been worried about your back since quilt water. (Now I'm worried about your knee too.) Keep on with the being careful. Wish the kitties could clean for you.
dlowan

Reply Mon 29 Oct, 2012 08:46 am
@sozobe,
You know, I have joined a cat forum...which is basically pretty boring....but sometimes has really great info.

Anyway, there is a constant litany of people whose kittens or cats bite them....AND THEY ARE SCARED TO PHYSICALLY STOP THE CAT FROM DOING THIS AND MAKE IT CLEAR THIS WONT BE ALLOWED. These people are scared of their cats! Can you imagine?

Also, the word pussy is filtered by their vulgarity filter. On a cat forum. I said something about someone being god knows how much bigger than their five month old pussy cat and the pussy was asterisked out.
dlowan

Reply Mon 29 Oct, 2012 08:54 am
@dlowan,
Actually, I had a house mate who was scared of his cat....man did the fur fly (quite literally...and there was blood...mine) when I made it clear who was boss! Funniest damn thing was the look on the cat's face when I evicted her from the room for bad behaviour. Worth the blood. She surrendered quickly, but still terrorized her owner!
sozobe

Reply Mon 29 Oct, 2012 08:58 am
@dlowan,
Yeah, I'm really amazed at what people let their cats get away with on that "My Cat From Hell" show mentioned earlier. (With the awesome rock-n-roll dude, Jackson something? [Looked it up, Jackson Galaxy.] Really like him, both for his cat insights and his human insights.)
dlowan

Reply Mon 29 Oct, 2012 07:07 pm
@sozobe,
Oh....none of the above re people being scared of their cats pertains to Boida and Mikey. Mikey wasn't a cat, he was an Elemental posing as a cat.
0 Replies

Rockhead

Reply Mon 29 Oct, 2012 07:12 pm
@dlowan,
I hate Shatner.

but I loved him in BL...

he parodies himself quite well.

glad to hear you are recovering from the quilt episode.

I did a half gainer offa gram's porch once on the ice.

the fall seems to last forever, and the ending sucks...

have a scotch for me while I worry 'bout Boida tonight.
dlowan

Reply Mon 29 Oct, 2012 07:19 pm
@Rockhead,
Oh my....you remind me of the awful day I went with the welfare folk to tell a small client of mine in foster care that her mum had been murdered.

The foster family had steps up to a porch onto which the front door opened, it was a small porch and there were no railings.

As we were leaving the foster dad stepped out on to the porch to have a private word. I politely stepped aside to make way for him....into thin air. Fell onto concrete.

Took me a while to figure out why the ground came up and hit me like that.

The dominant feeling was horror that I had done such a dumb thing when the focus needed to be on the little girl only.

Blush.

Yes, it hurt.
dlowan

Reply Wed 31 Oct, 2012 04:11 pm
@dlowan,
Woollies VERY unhappy. I had the washer in the dripping tap they were drinking from fixed.

Rather than drink from their nice water bowl, Viola is currently on my bedside cabinet doing somersaults to try to get the little bit of water remaining in the glass there. She tried scooping it up with her paw but didn't seem to feel she was getting enough.

So....I suppose I should allow a little bit of dripping from the bath tap to please their imperial majesties?
ehBeth

Reply Mon 5 Nov, 2012 07:52 pm
@dlowan,
re-reading around August (page 130+)

the move wasn't likely
Viola not well

wow

let that tap drip
dlowan

Reply Tue 6 Nov, 2012 03:34 am
@ehBeth,
Lol! I did....but they have moved to greener pastures:

Bath water

Washing up water

Water from any glass I leave anywhere

Water from dirty dishes left in sink

Water from used hand basins
0 Replies

Thomas

Reply Tue 6 Nov, 2012 09:08 am
So, what did you do on Halloween? Did you dress up as a Doberman and scare the cats?
dlowan

Reply Tue 6 Nov, 2012 01:54 pm
@Thomas,
I did nothing on Halloween except that which I normally do.

This excludes dressing up like a Doberman. Or even Doberwoman.
sozobe

Reply Tue 6 Nov, 2012 02:06 pm
@dlowan,
Yes, obviously, she dressed up as a rabbit. As usual.
dlowan

Reply Tue 6 Nov, 2012 03:21 pm
@sozobe,
Erm......
0 Replies

Thomas

Reply Tue 6 Nov, 2012 05:58 pm
@sozobe,
Hare hare. Um, I mean, hear hear.
dlowan

Reply Wed 7 Nov, 2012 02:13 am
@Thomas,