Osama Bin Laden is dead

JTT

Reply Sat 7 May, 2011 07:59 pm
@Green Witch,
Quote:
I don't think a trial would have benefited anyone.

You're not anywhere close to being a liberal, GW. A liberal thinks, a liberal looks to the facts, a liberal doesn't fall for the propaganda that flows from its "government".

You know who would benefit the most; the USA. Instead of being seen as a rogue state, which it already is seen as, it might have moved some ways back from that position.

The people of the US might have learned about all the lies that its "government" told it; the people of the US may have learned that the Bush and his gang of criminals were intent on invading Afghanistan before 9-11.

Quote:
Finally, it is worth mentioning that the plan to invade Afghanistan was formulated well in advance to the attacks on September 11, 2001.

According to a former Pakistani diplomat, Niaz Naik, the US Government had formulated a plan for invading Afghanistan in mid-July, 2001. Niaz Naik told the BBC that the American officials in Berlin had told him that the planned invasion of Afghanistan had to start before the snowfall, and at the latest, it had to be in motion by mid October 2001 (George Arney, BBC report September 18, 2001).

No wonder, it took only 25 days to set in motion a full scale invasion of Afghanistan, otherwise, logistically, it would be impossible for the US Government to invade a country half a world away in a time frame of a little over three weeks.

Steve Grey of the Independent Media Center reiterates the improbability of waging war in 25 days. By comparison, it took 4 1/2 months for the USA to wage war on Iraq in 1991. Planning is a process, not an event requiring multiple phases, especially against an elusive enemy like the Taliban and Al-Qaida. If we look at the planning process and stages or at the process and stages of policy making, we would come to a conclusion that preparation and implementation of invading a country is much more complex than planning for an organization, and requires a lot longer than 25 days to implement.

[link in quote below]

No wonder Bush wouldn't listen to Taliban offers to give up OBL; the decision to invade Afghanistan had already been made. This shows that the plan never was to help the Afghan people, that was just another ploy - but it worked again on the highly gullible American people. If I recall correctly, it worked on you.

After having used the Afghan people to "give the USSR its own Vietnam", years before, US politicians are on record as saying that a million plus dead Afghans is a reasonable price to pay to get the Russians, the US launches another illegal invasion. Was it worth another half a million, a million lives, GW?

Just in the last few months we've seen a number of US allies wonder WTF is going on. Is this how the US treats its friends, asks Saudi Arabia about Mubarak? [And you have to remember that OBL was a US friend and ally. It looks like he was doing work for the US right up to 9-11.]

The answer is a resounding YES. The US uses then abuses people regularly; the greatest problem with this is that it most often is the innocents of the world.

But note how quickly the US was/is willing to play the "Oh don't expose our crimes, terrorism and perfidy because our contacts could be in danger" card wrt WikiLeaks. Need I mention the grand hypocrisy?

Why should there have been a trial? Because the US has no proof that OBL had anything to do with 9-11.

Quote:
The core issue of any claim is evidence. The issue of evidence becomes crucial since presence or absence thereof has a direct effect on the future of nation and could mean massive loss of life. Regarding the attacks of September 11, 2001, the United States claimed it had compelling evidence linking Bin Laden and 'Al-Qaida' to the attacks on that day. However, to this day, the US has failed to produce any evidence linking Bin Laden to the attacks.

In fact, the Federal Bureau of Investigation (FBI), the very organization that oversees security of the United States, has failed to produce any shred of evidence to that effect. That is why; Osama Bin Laden is sought for the Bombing of US embassies in Tanzania and Kenya in 1998. When one visits the FBI's webpage on the most wanted individuals, this is what you see in regards to Osama Bin Laden:

Is it not strange that after 10 years, the FBI of the United States still has no idea who carried out the attacks on September 11, 2001, while the Bush administration and his collection of Neoconservative Zionists knew of Bin Laden's complicity within hours?

In his speech on April 19, 2001, FBI Director Robert Mueller said the following in regards to the existence of evidence:

"The hijackers also left no paper trail. In our investigation, we have not uncovered a single piece of paper ­ in the U.S. or in Afghanistan ­ that mentioned any aspect of the September 11th plot."

http://www.rense.com/general93/why.htm

A liberal would honestly look at issues like these and let the facts take them wherever. I've seen your "willingness" to do that and I can tell you, you sure as hell ain't no liberal, Honey!
0 Replies

JTT

Reply Sat 7 May, 2011 08:12 pm
@Lash,
Quote:

I'm curious.

Appreciate all opinions.

Laughing Laughing Laughing

Lash, stop it, you're killing me. The irony, the hypocrisy.
0 Replies

JTT

Reply Sat 7 May, 2011 08:18 pm
@Ticomaya,
Tico, your replies are awfully similar to h2oman's. Are you sure that you are a lawyer?
0 Replies

Green Witch

Reply Sun 8 May, 2011 06:57 am
@Ticomaya,
Yes, I'm serious. I believe the Bush administration truly believed OBL was up in them ther' hills and searching was futile. I also believe the BA got so focused on all that glitters in Iraq that they put the Osama search onto the back burner and focused our billions in tax money on "Bringing Democracy to the Middle East" and "Nation Building". It's not just that I think the people working under Obama were encouraged to pursue leads out of those jagged mountains, but that they weren't distracted by an administration obsessed with sucking up world oil supplies to give to Cheney's corporate pals.

What really bothered me the most about Bush's handling of the situation was he rewarded OBL. Osama hated Saddam and Bush did him the favor of going into Iraq and taking him out. Bush also started We Must Fear Fear Itself Campaign with the terrorist alert silliness and The Patriot Yadda Yadda. Osama must have had a good laugh watching America go yellow to orange to red and seeing our privacy rights eroded by our own government. I'm sure Osama could not have asked for a better outcome than Bush policy as he played his video games in his comfy compound. Bush was more Osama's friend than enemy.

Finn asked me if I would have congratulated Bush if he was the one who ordered the successful attack on Osama: You Bectcha!

Ticomaya

Reply Sun 8 May, 2011 12:40 pm
@Green Witch,
Green Witch wrote:

Yes, I'm serious.

Okay, you're serious, yet you don't explain how BO thought "outside that box."

Quote:
Finn asked me if I would have congratulated Bush if he was the one who ordered the successful attack on Osama: You Bectcha!

And I congratulate Obama. Yet I'm fully aware that the only reason OBL was found during the present administration is only because the present administration was in place when the needed break occurred.

I thought you were insinuating that Obama's administration decided to stop searching the hills and caves, and started focusing its search elsewhere, and that's what lead to finding OBL.

It seems quite clear that Obama found OBL despite Obama. Finn posted about that ... HERE.

Quote:
Osama bin Laden's death: Clarifying the Obama administration's cnofsuoin and missteaks
May 4, 2011 |

It's taken a couple of days to sort out the confusions and conflicting versions of Osama bin Laden's welcome demise early Monday at the hands of a gutsy president crouching on the floor and a couple dozen unidentified helpers with rapid-fire weapons, night-vision goggles and nerves of steel a half-world away; you know how it is in the chaos of battle and Chicago campaign politics.

Back in 2005, when rookie Sen. Barack Obama was just beginning to plan his $745-million 2007-08 presidential campaign, U.S. intelligence became aware of a $1-million housing compound under construction in Abbottabad, Pakistan, a city of 1 million about 60 miles outside the capital.

Using certain interrogation techniques on involuntary wartime guests, the CIA acquired the name of a high-level al Qaeda courier, who was eventually tracked toing and froing from said elaborate compound, which his invisible income would seem to put beyond his financial reach.

Last August, as Obama vainly campaigned to preserve his Democratic Party's....
...House majority, he was apprised of the growing surmisal that the compound's 18-foot walls were not to keep the courier's dogs from digging up neighbors' gardens. And indeed Osama and one of his younger wives might well also be a compound resident.

The CIA developed a plan to obliterate the compound with a salutory March flyover by a pair of B2s from Diego Garcia safely delivering smart bombs from high above.jay Carney 5-3-11

The good news is such attacks reduce everything to dust and goo. The bad news is such attacks reduce everything to dust and goo.

Without a body, how could President Obama prove that he was The One who brought Osama sudden justice without the burden of time-consuming civil trials involving Eric Holder's former law partners as high-paid public defenders?

So, although it meant only nine holes of weekend golf instead of 18, Obama OKd a May commando raid, as long as he could still attend the White House Correspondents Assn. dinner to mock that jerk Donald Trump. So on Sunday Washington time, Obama and aides entered the basement Situation Room to watch the Osama execution reality show live from Pakistan on SEALcam.

A dramatic presidential address was scheduled for late that evening. And because the president wanted to get all of his detailed ducks in a row, his major announcement actually came an hour late.

Still, it triggered seemingly spontaneous celebrations over the mass murderer's murder in the streets of Washington and, of course, New York, as well as a satisfying sense of closure for millions of Americans who remember that awful 9/11 day and the bombings of the USS Cole and embassies in East Africa.jay Carney 5-3-11

Here, gleaned since Sunday from a variety of sources, including Obama press secretary Jay Carney, is what we now know certainly might have maybe happened over in Pakistan:

Over the years Pakistan officials have been so helpful and trusted about the hunt for Osama that not one of them knew in advance of the U.S. raid on the compound, which is close to a military academy. The U.S. assault team flew from Afghanistan into Pakistan using holes in that country's radar system.

Acting at President Obama's very own direction, a "small team" of Americans consisting of 24, no 40, SEALs in four helicopters surprised the compound.

Still, a "significant firefight" erupted that was so significant not one American was injured. One helicopter crashed, no, made a hard landing; it was a mechanical failure.

One compound resident pointed out Osama. Three compound residents died in the firefight. One man used a woman as a human shield. She was an Osama wife. They both died. She was only shot in the leg running toward a SEAL. She didn't die. Another woman did on another floor. There was no human shield. The Osama son initially identified as shot and killed may have been the other one.

The goal was to capture Osama or kill him if necessary. The plan was to kill Osama all along. He was encountered in a bedroom. He was given a brief opportunity to surrender. He didn't. Blam! He died instantly from gunshots to the chest and head, including a large one in the forehead over the eye. He was unarmed. But he resisted. You don't need a gun to resist.

Osama's body was removed. The disabled chopper was detonated. Large fire ensued, attracting the attention of Pakistani authorities. Osama's DNA was collected by intelligence officials. They may or may not have actual Osama DNA from before to compare.jay Carney 4-25-11

If not, they can at least prove whether the dead compound body was related to Osama's 53 siblings produced by his father's 22 wives. (What a peaceful, nurturing childhood that must have been.)

Because it was so important to have photos of a dead Osama to head off evergreen Elvis-lives conspiracies, the gruesome big-hole-in-the-forehead photo has not been released -- and might never be.

This is because a ghastly dead OBL photo could offend the "sensitivities" of Osama's insane supporters who have been trying to kill Americans for 15 years anyway, still are, will be but didn't seem to mind photos of thousands of people dying 10 years ago inside burning, crumbling skyscrapers or leaping from them.

(UPDATE: On Wednesday, President Obama said he had decided to seal the Bin Laden death photos. Story and commentary here.)

Trust the administration, however, the death photos do exist. Someone is discussing their release. No timeline. Meanwhile, deather conspiracies thrive online suggesting, you guessed it, that wasn't really Osama with the damaged forehead. What if he left a pile of videos to come out, one by one, in the event of his death? He could be spotted on every grassy knoll from here to Yemen.

Because it was important enough to have a dead al Qaeda founder's body to show to the world that dozens of American lives were put at risk to make him dead and retrieve the infamous corpse, Osama's shrouded, weighted body was quickly dumped into the North Arabian Sea from a U.S. aircraft carrier after only a very few hours and Muslim religious rites. The Navy had til sundown by Muslim custom; why the morning rush?

Don't worry. They might show us the video of a shrouded body-shaped object being buried at sea someday. Somebody is discussing that too somewhere. Trust them for now.

So, finally, after a 10-year manhunt and thanks to Obama's "gutsiness" and crack communications team, Americans have many of the conflicting details now and should just accept, praise and move on.
revelette

Reply Mon 9 May, 2011 07:37 am
@Ticomaya,
Quote:
Using certain interrogation techniques on involuntary wartime guests, the CIA acquired the name of a high-level al Qaeda courier, who was eventually tracked toing and froing from said elaborate compound, which his invisible income would seem to put beyond his financial reach.

Using those "certain interrogation techniques" produced one useful intelligence which was then negated by the following two detainees who were water boarded and produced false information which led the intelligence officers off the trail. In 2004, they captured an AQ operative in Iraq who talked about that same courier as the first one (he wasn't waterboarded.) In 2005, investigators became suspicious of the sharp discrepancies and renewed efforts to pin point the courier. They were not able to figure out his name until 2007. And they were not actually able to pinpoint the compound until 2009 by intercepting cell phones and emails.

One CIA officer said:

Quote:
"If it really had been waterboarding that had produced the key piece of information that led us to Osama bin Laden," one U.S. official said, "we would have been having this conversation years earlier — not in 2011."

How profile of bin Laden courier led CIA to its target

Bush was not interested in Bin Laden, he said so himself.

We should be thankful that intelligence officers were still interested in finding Osama Bin Laden. It was their hard work which led to the death of Osama Bin Laden.
revelette

Reply Mon 9 May, 2011 07:39 am
He is dead and I agree with those who say it is time to move on.
0 Replies

JTT

Reply Mon 9 May, 2011 09:32 am
@revelette,
Quote:
Bush was not interested in Bin Laden, he said so himself.

Bush was a badly confused man. That's what happens to a congenital liar. He also said that he/they think everyday/often about where OBL is and how to catch him and Porter Goss, standing right behind him, the look on Goss's face is priceless, breaks into laughter.

I've been looking for the video. It was on the Daily Show. Didn't anyone see it?

Bush also said that he saw on TV, well, hell, I'll let him tell you his own lies. He did it not once, but twice, the second time in CA.

Quote:
Occasion 1:
President Bush Holds Town Hall Meeting
[CNN, Aired December 4, 2001]
QUESTION: One thing, Mr. President, is that you have no idea how much you've done for this country, and another thing is that how did you feel when you heard about the terrorist attack?

BUSH: Well... (APPLAUSE)

Thank you, Jordan (ph).

Well, Jordan (ph), you're not going to believe what state I was in when I heard about the terrorist attack. I was in Florida. And my chief of staff, Andy Card -- actually I was in a classroom talking about a reading program that works. And I was sitting outside the classroom waiting to go in, and I saw an airplane hit the tower -- the TV was obviously on, and I use to fly myself, and I said, "There's one terrible pilot." And I said, "It must have been a horrible accident."

But I was whisked off there -- I didn't have much time to think about it, and I was sitting in the classroom, and Andy Card, my chief who was sitting over here walked in and said, "A second plane has hit the tower. America's under attack."

http://whatreallyhappened.com/WRHARTICLES/bushlie.html

See also:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CCtb9nlV_20

0 Replies

Finn dAbuzz

Reply Mon 9 May, 2011 04:14 pm
@Green Witch,
Obama can multi-task, but Bush couldn't?

You don't see a bias of thought here?
JTT

Reply Mon 9 May, 2011 04:17 pm
@Finn dAbuzz,
Stop being so damn intellectually dishonest, Finn. You know full well that Bush can't walk and chew bubble gum at the same time.
talk72000

Reply Mon 9 May, 2011 04:30 pm
@Finn dAbuzz,
The two Finns I like Pamela Anderson and Puma Swede.
0 Replies

snood

Reply Mon 9 May, 2011 04:45 pm
@Finn dAbuzz,
Finn dAbuzz wrote:

Obama can multi-task, but Bush couldn't?

You don't see a bias of thought here?

A simple test of integrity:
Can you admit that Obama is more intelligent than George W. Bush?
cicerone imposter

Reply Mon 9 May, 2011 04:49 pm
@JTT,
That's because if GW Bush walked and chewed bubble gum at the same time, he would have eventually blown his brain out with a bubble. He saved his own life by not attempting to multi-task.
talk72000

Reply Mon 9 May, 2011 04:59 pm
@cicerone imposter,
Do you remember he also choked to death on a pretzel.

http://wiki.answers.com/Q/What_president_almost_choked_to_death_on_a_pretzel
cicerone imposter

Reply Mon 9 May, 2011 05:16 pm
@talk72000,
Almost. At least he can also claim that not everyone has that skill.
talk72000

Reply Mon 9 May, 2011 05:17 pm
@cicerone imposter,
Twisted Evil Mr. Green
chai2

Reply Mon 9 May, 2011 06:34 pm
@talk72000,
Every time I see this topic show up in My Posts, I hear Chevy Chase saying, "Generalissimo Francisco Franco is still dead".
0 Replies

izzythepush

Reply Tue 10 May, 2011 05:05 am
@snood,
Snood says

I think my cat's more intelligent.
OmSigDAVID

Reply Tue 10 May, 2011 05:07 am
@izzythepush,
izzythepush wrote:
Snood says

I think my cat's more intelligent.
Well, maybe, but Bush is smarter than obama ever was.

David
farmerman

Reply Tue 10 May, 2011 06:42 am
@OmSigDAVID,
Now you are demeaning MENSA . Obama had been invited in because his LSATS were in the 98=%ile. and MENSA only requires 95% .

NOONE has similarly accused George W Bush of being MENSA material. Or have I missed something?