Osama Bin Laden is dead

farmerman

Reply Wed 4 May, 2011 09:23 am
@JTT,
Quote:
So the big brave barking seals shot an unarmed man.
History is always written by the winers. Dont you think that the nuumber of attempts on Hitlers life were warrented?
Sometimes when we fumigate a room, we dont give the roaches weapons so to make it "fair". What kind of an idiot are you?
I know your sense of history is athwart, now Im suspecting your grasp of reality.

BillRM

Reply Wed 4 May, 2011 10:51 am
@failures art,
Quote:
Citing the Taliban operating toll roads and Hezbollah runningn schools and hospitals is a good argument, but incomplete in terms of human psychology when considering why people endorse these groups.

Al Capone bankrolled soup kitchens on a very large scale in Chicago in the 1930s still that does not mean he was a good man or should not had been put out of business by the government.

0 Replies

hawkeye10

Reply Wed 4 May, 2011 11:01 am
Quote:
A reporter asked Carney "which of those women was being used a human shield, as Mr. Brennan suggested yesterday." Carney answered: "The woman I believe you're talking about might have been the one on the first floor who was caught in the crossfire. Whether or not she was being used as a shield or trying to use herself as a shield or simply caught in crossfire is unclear." What's clear is that Bin Laden, who was upstairs, couldn't have used her as a shield.
Carney blamed the misleading early reports on the "fog of war." But a fog of war creates confusion, not a consistent story like the one about the human shield. The reason U.S. officials bought and sold this story is that it fit their larger indictment of Bin Laden. It reinforced the shameful picture of him hiding in a mansion while sending others to fight and die. It made him look like a coward.
This is the narrative that's really at stake. A narrative isn't just a chronology. It's a tale woven with themes. For 20 years, Bin Laden peddled a tale of oppression and jihad. In elaborate video and audio messages, he depicted al-Qaida's trail of bombings as a Muslim struggle against Western persecution. He wasn't just a terrorist. He was a storyteller.
That's the story Brennan sought to undermine when he cited Bin Laden's use of a human shield to show "how false his narrative has been over the years." Secretary of State Hillary Clinton also targeted Bin Laden's story. In a statement trumpeting his death, she argued that "people across the Middle East and North Africa are rejecting the extremist narratives and charting a path of peaceful progress." Carney, too, warned against false interpretations. "It would be a shame," he warned, if Bin Laden's killing "became a piece in a partisan narrative."
Carney is right. So are Brennan, Clinton, and Cameron. Bin Laden was a delusional mass murderer, and his narrative was false. But you can't debunk one false narrative with another. The firefight at Bin Laden's compound, it now appears, pitted two or three men against a dozen or more commandos. Bin Laden didn't engage in the firefight and used no human shield. He wasn't even armed. We shot him dead anyway. That's the truth. Deal with it.

http://www.slate.com/id/2293009/

Again we sink to Bin Ladens level.
BillRM

Reply Wed 4 May, 2011 11:18 am
@hawkeye10,
Quote:

If there was a government thought out program to discredit our friend last minutes the government sure the hell did not put it into place smoothly!!!!
hawkeye10

Reply Wed 4 May, 2011 11:22 am
@BillRM,
BillRM wrote:

Quote:

If there was a government thought out program to discredit our friend last minutes the government sure the hell did not put it into place smoothly!!!!
Yep, and I saw also claims that the Pakistani national forces showed up in force to take over the compound as soon as the Americans departed....Obama might have trouble with his story that we never told Pakistan before the action. The lack of local police response also puts this assertion into question.

I am not seeing the point of lying, it just reinforces what much of the world already thinks of us, and not in a good way.
JTT

Reply Wed 4 May, 2011 11:32 am
@failures art,
Your gang reference, Art, you've just described the USA and the fatuous, but often repeated canard about the US being the protector of the 'hood. The only problem being that the US has never been as beneficent as any gang.
Cycloptichorn

Reply Wed 4 May, 2011 11:36 am
@farmerman,
farmerman wrote:

Quote:
History is always written by the winers. Dont you think that the nuumber of attempts on Hitlers life were warrented?
Sometimes when we fumigate a room, we dont give the roaches weapons so to make it "fair". What kind of an idiot are you?
I know your sense of history is athwart, now Im suspecting your grasp of reality.

Couldn't agree more, and this latest event has really sent her over the edge. She's basically attempting to ruin two threads on the subject simultaneously.

Cycloptichorn
wandeljw

Reply Wed 4 May, 2011 11:42 am
@JTT,
No one on this forum repeats canards more than you do, JTT.
BillRM

Reply Wed 4 May, 2011 12:12 pm
@hawkeye10,
Quote:
The lack of local police response also puts this assertion into question.

Somehow I can not see even our police departments putting their nose into or near such a compound where a large scale military operation is ongoing with helicopters gunships overhead.

They would be trying to find out what the hell was going on and passing information along but no police department is going to barrel into such a situation.
JTT

Reply Wed 4 May, 2011 12:14 pm
@wandeljw,
Now that's just like you, JW, A2K's self appointed US Minister of Disinformation.

Try addressing these canards at their source instead of this cheap trick.
0 Replies

JTT

Reply Wed 4 May, 2011 12:25 pm
@farmerman,
Quote:
History is always written by the winers.

Interesting "slip of the tongue", Farmer but you misspelled it - it's 'whiners'.

Thanks for confirming what many already know, that the USA has written history not from any sort of factual basis but simply as propaganda to enhance their ability to rape and pillage the planet.

And yes, there is a constant whine from the US, this constant hypocritcal attempt to demonize others for the very things that the US leads the world in; terrorism and brutal interference in other countries' affairs.

But hopefully, this could help to enlighten the large mass of ignorance that reside in the US, who knows, maybe even Cy.

So much for your "I'm willing to follow the facts, to look at the preponderance of evidence" song and dance routine.

Your jingoistic responses in the last few days have shown the real Farmer.
0 Replies

Ticomaya

Reply Wed 4 May, 2011 12:26 pm
@farmerman,
farmerman wrote:
JTT wrote:

The "anti-American troll" kind, of course ... but this you knew.
JTT

Reply Wed 4 May, 2011 12:29 pm
@Cycloptichorn,
Quote:
She's basically attempting to ruin two threads on the subject simultaneously.

Really really lame, Cy. Is this your opinion or are you going to quote from your book of tea party rules?

But this is so you you when you come to the realization that your double talk isn't getting you anywhere.
0 Replies

JTT

Reply Wed 4 May, 2011 12:31 pm
@Ticomaya,
What a shock, the coward Tico, jumps on board the chickenshit express.
0 Replies

hawkeye10

Reply Wed 4 May, 2011 12:38 pm
@BillRM,
Quote:
They would be trying to find out what the hell was going on and passing information along but no police department is going to barrel into such a situation.
They did not even roll to the scene..what you say is possible but I find it to be unlikely.

Also
Quote:
JEFFREY BROWN: And to that point, are you hearing any anger expressed or frustration, or whatever word you pick, expressly about that, that it was a U.S. military operation in Pakistan?

SAIMA MOHSIN: Well, as news of his death is starting to sink in here in Pakistan, as it is right across the world, the questions are now starting to be asked: How is it that he was here in Abbottabad? How is it that U.S. forces themselves came on to Pakistani soil?

We've heard that turn of phrase so many times: Boots on the ground are unacceptable. Pakistan's sovereignty should not be breached.

And of course, officials will always perhaps come out and say, it's unacceptable, but as we have seen with the drone attacks, the Pakistani people feel that perhaps officials turn a blind eye to this. And local people are saying this to me today, that it couldn't be possible that they didn't know about it.

However, this is the sentiment here. There is anger that United States felt that it could come right directly on to Pakistani soil.
http://www.pbs.org/newshour/bb/terrorism/jan-june11/overview2_05-02.html

I take "it" to refer to the assassination mission, and posit that Pakistani's should have a good intuitive sense of how deeply their government in complicit.
BillRM

Reply Wed 4 May, 2011 12:41 pm
@hawkeye10,
Quote:
They did not even roll to the scene..what you say is possible but I find it to be unlikely.

So you think that police cars would roll up outside of a compound with military gunships overhead?

I think that is very unlikely even in the US and in Pakistan when the gunships having US markings it even more unlikely.

It is not the job of any police force to deal with an ongoing military situation.
Finn dAbuzz

Reply Wed 4 May, 2011 12:56 pm
@ossobuco,
What's your point Osso?

Do you want to be held to the literal interpretation of every figure of speech you use.

Just let me know.
hawkeye10

Reply Wed 4 May, 2011 12:57 pm
@BillRM,
BillRM wrote:

Quote:

So you think that police cars would roll up outside of a compound with military gunships overhead?

I think that is very unlikely even in the US and in Pakistan when the gunships having US markings it even more unlikely.

It is not the job of any police force to deal with an ongoing military situation.
This is a military town, the Americans were there for 40 minutes, and nobody rolls to find out what is going on...so see if their help is required?? I would believe that if it was known that this was the Americans, but team Obama says that they never made a call until the birds were in the air after the mission was completed.

The sequencing of events sounds off, I am betting that Obama will have to "walk back" his story some.
Finn dAbuzz

Reply Wed 4 May, 2011 01:01 pm
@Ionus,
I admit that following what you are trying to say with your posts is often difficult and so I suppose it's possible that I misread the several of them that suggest you believe Osama was actually killed years ago and this recent mission was a faked affair.

So...did I misread them and do you believe that Osama was alive last week?
0 Replies

BillRM

Reply Wed 4 May, 2011 01:07 pm
@hawkeye10,
Quote:
This is a military town, the Americans were there for 40 minutes, and nobody rolls to find out what is going on...so see if their help is required?? I would believe that if it was known that this was the Americans, but team Obama says that they never made a call until the birds were in the air after the mission was completed.

Being a military town or not being a military town does not give the police any added abilities to deal with three gunships.

Next I am fairly sure those gunships have large US markings on them so no call would be needed to let the local Pakistanis know that the US military is paying a call.

Oh I am also fairly sure that not even any local military commander is going to take the responsibilities to fire on US warplanes without it being clear all the way to the top and that take time and the message from Obama was likely to had arrived in that time frame.

One other note if I was planning this there would be top cover for those gunships just for the worst case situation that someone did take responsibilities to try to interfere with that operation.
0 Replies