The 2012 Presidential Election Discussion Thread

georgeob1

Reply Mon 5 Dec, 2011 12:00 am
@cicerone imposter,
In the first place the AFL CIO statistics were deceptively stated. $16/hr is NOT the average wage in this country.

I didn't say that the Labor unions were all controlled by the Mafia. (Do you actually read other's posts?). Instead I said that their operations were LIKE a Mafia protection racket.
OmSigDAVID

Reply Mon 5 Dec, 2011 12:09 am
@georgeob1,
georgeob1 wrote:

In the first place the AFL CIO statistics were deceptively stated. $16/hr is NOT the average wage in this country.

I didn't say that the Labor unions were all controlled by the Mafia. (Do you actually read other's posts?).
Instead I said that their operations
were LIKE a Mafia protection racket.
George, do u think that obama LIKES Mafia protection rackets ?
Rockhead

Reply Mon 5 Dec, 2011 12:10 am
@georgeob1,
$16 an hour is not what grocery clerks make, either Ob.

(mebbe Nordstrom's clerks)

your view from the penthouse is obscuring your reality...
OmSigDAVID

Reply Mon 5 Dec, 2011 12:12 am
@Rockhead,
Rockhead wrote:
$16 an hour is not what grocery clerks make, either Ob.

your view from the penthouse is obscuring your reality...
Less or more ?
Rockhead

Reply Mon 5 Dec, 2011 12:12 am
@OmSigDAVID,
considerably less...
0 Replies

georgeob1

Reply Mon 5 Dec, 2011 12:33 am
@OmSigDAVID,
OmSigDAVID wrote:

georgeob1 wrote:

I didn't say that the Labor unions were all controlled by the Mafia. (Do you actually read other's posts?).
Instead I said that their operations
were LIKE a Mafia protection racket.
George, do u think that obama LIKES Mafia protection rackets ?

Apparently he likes the rackets as practiced by the SEIU, AFSCE, the AFT and the AFL/CIO. They are his main contributors.

For government employees the racket works very easily. Once in power the Dems declare the various government departments as eligible for organization by the designated union, and PRESTO ! no expensive campaign oir voting by the hapless employees - the union starts collecting about 1% of their pay, prededucted from their paychecks every payday. With hundreds of thousands of employees there's big bucks involved, and a large slice of it comes right back to the Democrat politicians in the form of political contributions.

Since Federal law prohibits government enployee unions engaging in collective bargaining over work rules, pay and benefits, the union has virtually nothing to do but spend the money. Even the Mafia doesn't have it that good.
0 Replies

MontereyJack

Reply Mon 5 Dec, 2011 01:29 am
The $33K per year figure was in fact from the Bureau of Labor Statistics, the authoritative source, NOT the AFL-CIO. They merely used the BLS statistic in their figuring. That does in fact work out to around $16 an hour as the average income for a worker in this country. The last I heard, people like grocery store clerks or retail clerks were around $7-$8 per hour. that's in the neighborhood of $15K a year, as an in-the-head calculation. You cannot support a family on that, and they damned sure SHOULD be unionizing around it. It's about time the people who insist on cheap produce stopped exploiting the people on whose underpaid labor they are dependent..
cicerone imposter

Reply Mon 5 Dec, 2011 12:18 pm
@georgeob1,
You will need to provide proof for your claim that unions are "mafia-like?
jcboy

Reply Wed 7 Dec, 2011 04:23 pm
@cicerone imposter,
This freak could be President! What a nasty idiot, Christian? His bible escapes him, and he should pick up a history book sometime!

failures art

Reply Wed 7 Dec, 2011 04:42 pm
@jcboy,
As of 5:39 PM 7-Dec-11

15,028 dislikes
445 likes

A
R
Talk about a disgusting and desperate last pitch to pander the vote in Iowa.
JPB

Reply Wed 7 Dec, 2011 04:47 pm
@failures art,
I don't think it's pandering. I think it's his real life view. Fortunately only 3% of the population appears to agree with it.
Cycloptichorn

Reply Wed 7 Dec, 2011 04:52 pm
I hadn't seen that. What a true, true dick. I guess it IS possible for me to respect him less than I already did.

Cycloptichorn
failures art

Reply Wed 7 Dec, 2011 05:03 pm
@JPB,
JPB wrote:

I don't think it's pandering. I think it's his real life view. Fortunately only 3% of the population appears to agree with it.

Even if it's sincere, given the proximity to the Iowa caucus, a "value-voter" (dog whistle: A good ole christian-off) event, he's probably trying to out-christian the herd.

A
R
That's still pandering
0 Replies

cicerone imposter

Reply Wed 7 Dec, 2011 05:22 pm
@jcboy,
Christians are some of the worst, because they have only their god to answer to, and he never answers - except in their own imaginations.
jcboy

Reply Wed 7 Dec, 2011 05:30 pm
@cicerone imposter,
Where did this bozo get the idea that kids can't celebrate Christmas or pray in school?! Kids can't be FORCED to do either but are free to. This video and his embarrassing performances in the debates make Bush look like a scholar by comparison.
0 Replies

ossobuco

Reply Wed 7 Dec, 2011 05:36 pm
@jcboy,
I don't think they're the best the GOP can put up, at all. There are a great many bright and able people who are Republicans with administrative backgrounds - there's just this problem that is a fairly general one with the voters, that the extremes tend to be the ones to show up for the party primaries and those extremes get catered to. This time it's happening with the Republicans.

Edit, jc, this was to a post of yours a few pages back (but it still applies)
jcboy

Reply Wed 7 Dec, 2011 05:40 pm
@ossobuco,
I'm sure that's true, I can't believe this is the best the GOP can come up with. This video could be one of the reasons that Rick Perry's poll numbers are in the crapper. The man is absolutely to worst possible candidate for President.
0 Replies

edgarblythe

Reply Wed 7 Dec, 2011 05:42 pm
Don't talk about my govermor like that.

Let me.
0 Replies

failures art

Reply Wed 7 Dec, 2011 09:35 pm
1,809 likes, 75,968 dislikes

A
R
T
0 Replies

failures art

Reply Wed 7 Dec, 2011 10:48 pm
@MontereyJack,
MontereyJack wrote:

The $33K per year figure was in fact from the Bureau of Labor Statistics, the authoritative source, NOT the AFL-CIO. They merely used the BLS statistic in their figuring. That does in fact work out to around $16 an hour as the average income for a worker in this country. The last I heard, people like grocery store clerks or retail clerks were around $7-$8 per hour. that's in the neighborhood of $15K a year, as an in-the-head calculation. You cannot support a family on that, and they damned sure SHOULD be unionizing around it. It's about time the people who insist on cheap produce stopped exploiting the people on whose underpaid labor they are dependent..

Hey remember that time George said that unions have more money lobbying than corporations? That was funny.

Let's add this to the mix. Here's 3o companies that spent more on lobbying than they did on taxes.
http://thinkprogress.org/wp-content/uploads/2011/12/table1.jpg
source

Hey George where did you go? Maybe a few pages will go by, and people will forget your absurd non-reality.

A
R
T