The 2012 Presidential Election Discussion Thread

jcboy

Reply Tue 29 Nov, 2011 02:51 pm
One day you may actually develop a vocabulary all of your own. Oh wait, never mind.
jcboy

Reply Fri 2 Dec, 2011 03:08 pm
@jcboy,
I would love for Republicans to read this but they won't. They'd prefer to keep believing that anyone receiving government assistance (welfare, food stamps, unemployment) is either lazy or a drug user and probably a minority with 10 kids. Conservative myths never die because it's a core conservative belief to continue to believe things forever no matter how wrong they are, like religion.

http://www.cnn.com/2011/12/02/opinion/van-horn-unemployment-extension/index.html?hpt=hp_bn9
cicerone imposter

Reply Fri 2 Dec, 2011 03:18 pm
@jcboy,
So true! New facts only gets in their way.
0 Replies

realjohnboy

Reply Fri 2 Dec, 2011 06:56 pm
Herman Cain's "major announcement tomorrow will be that...
> He is quitting
> He is staying in
> He will make a "Really" major announcement next week.
I am betting on the last one.
JPB

Reply Fri 2 Dec, 2011 07:03 pm
@realjohnboy,
> He's only been on a book tour this entire time and would like to go back to selling his book.
cicerone imposter

Reply Fri 2 Dec, 2011 07:56 pm
@JPB,
I just wonder how much free press he's received for his book promotion that has essentially destroyed his "good name?"
hnicoleanderson

Reply Sat 3 Dec, 2011 12:15 am
@realjohnboy,
I just posted my pic at WomenforCaine and asked if he would send money.
I wonder why he is opening a new office to announce he is quitting?
0 Replies

Fido

Reply Sat 3 Dec, 2011 07:04 am
@cicerone imposter,
cicerone imposter wrote:

I just wonder how much free press he's received for his book promotion that has essentially destroyed his "good name?"

No name is better than the life behind it... It is a terrible fact about many politicians that they so much need love, and in finding they can bullshit a few people think they can bullshit the whole body of people, and all the while sense their corruption, and know they are frauds... They are all useless... As corrupt and corruptable as the people are they should have charge of their own affairs and of the affairs of no others...
cicerone imposter

Reply Sat 3 Dec, 2011 11:51 am
@Fido,
Well stated; the conservatives who demand less government intrusion into private lives are promoting discrimination against gays and lesbians, and pregnant women by claiming "right to life." They don't give a **** about "right to life." If they did, they would do more about the children living in poverty and starving.
jcboy

Reply Sat 3 Dec, 2011 12:19 pm
I don't know about any of you but I love watching these GOP pres candidates verbally beating each other up. Is this the best the Repubs can put up for PRESIDENT?!?! Seriously?!?!
cicerone imposter

Reply Sat 3 Dec, 2011 12:22 pm
@jcboy,
They have practice; remember what they did to McCain?

From nationalreview.com:
Quote:
Over at Politico, Jonathan Martin has written a “political junkie’s guide” to Dick Cheney’s memoir, In My Time. During the 2008 presidential race, Martin notes, the veep was unimpressed with Sen. John McCain’s campaign:

Cheney writes that in 2008 he was puzzled about GOP presidential nominee John McCain’s decision to suspend his campaign and request a meeting with congressional leaders to discuss the financial crisis at the White House.

“Senator McCain added nothing of substance,” Cheney writes about the now-famous meeting. “It was entirely unclear why he’d returned to Washington and why he’d wanted the congressional leadership called together. I left the Cabinet Room when the meeting was over thinking the Republican presidential ticket was in trouble.”

Cheney adds that he “essentially sat out” the 2008 campaign and that the tension between the Whtie House and McCain’s campaign “made for some awkward moments.”

“After the campaign’s tracking polls began to nosedive, for example, they quit sharing them with us,” he writes.
0 Replies

hnicoleanderson

Reply Sat 3 Dec, 2011 01:12 pm
@jcboy,
Cain is suspending his campaign and launching another website. This clown needs professional help.

According to TCM.com, Cain can continue to raise funds.

Look for another uptick in Newt's numbers.

Cain closes with his Pokemon quote. Wow!
Sturgis

Reply Sat 3 Dec, 2011 01:23 pm
@hnicoleanderson,
Well that was certainly useful. About as useful as an avocado being used in place of a radish.
0 Replies

jcboy

Reply Sat 3 Dec, 2011 02:02 pm
I am not sure who is more idiotic. Cain, or those who actually support his Presidential candidacy! LOL What a train wreck! Though I would pay for any of these cadidates to debate Obama. There is not one that could hold their own against him!
cicerone imposter

Reply Sat 3 Dec, 2011 02:53 pm
@jcboy,
That only speaks to the sad state of American politics and Americans; not much smarts in politicians or the voters.
jcboy

Reply Sun 4 Dec, 2011 08:18 am
@cicerone imposter,
Herman Cain finally quit the race, never admitting what a disgusting male chauvinist pig he has been as a privileged elitist who preyed on unemployed, desperate women to screw and then use that disadvantage against them through lies. Im happy FLORIDA straw picking was wrong with Herman because it shows the good ole boy network is breaking, the political spectrum is failing and Im happy to see the many racist republicans who used RACISM to get a "REAL" black man to run against Obama, so he would lose. Racism is disgusting no matter what way its used!
Ragman

Reply Sun 4 Dec, 2011 08:28 am
@jcboy,
Well said!
The only saving grace perhaps that comes from this fiasco is that perhaps Cain is now dis-ABLE-d! Right?
0 Replies

Ragman

Reply Sun 4 Dec, 2011 08:37 am
@cicerone imposter,
I have a former candidate's name here that might exemplify it all:

Sarah Palin.

What kind of system can produce a candidate for the 2nd most powerful position in the land? A broken one. Of course, it's that same system that put Dubyah in office for 2 terms, too. It's really VERY broken.

However sad that is, then I look around to Britain, Germany, Greece, Italy and France. I throw up my hands at European and the world's political systems that produced those weak leaders.

What's a voting man to do?
cicerone imposter

Reply Sun 4 Dec, 2011 11:11 am
@jcboy,
He really didn't "quit" the race; only a 'suspension" which means he can return at any time.
0 Replies

cicerone imposter

Reply Sun 4 Dec, 2011 11:14 am
@Ragman,
That's the sad state of affairs in the US when a ignorant governor who claims she has foreign experience because her state is between to foreign countries.
Americans were ready and willing to make her our president with the power to use nukes.

Look at the current candidates for the GOP: We are doomed.