The 2012 Presidential Election Discussion Thread

cicerone imposter

Reply Thu 15 Dec, 2011 05:11 pm
@mysteryman,
Yes, and that's because you don't show the brains of an educated individual who only looks at yourself. Many have taken out college loans and have contributed to our economy and country. 56% take out loans to go to college. Most of my siblings, nephews, and nieces took out college loans to attend medical school, dental school, law school, and to earn a PhD. Yea, I worked myself through college; big ****'n deal. So did a million others.

You can pat yourself on the back that you didn't need a college loan or parent's assistance.
mysteryman

Reply Thu 15 Dec, 2011 05:15 pm
@cicerone imposter,
Please show where I ever said they didnt contribute to our economy and our country.
I have never said that, nor will I ever say that.

I am saying that it is quite possible to go to school without going into debt at all.
And if people take out the loans, then they should pay them back, not demanding that the loans be forgiven.
cicerone imposter

Reply Thu 15 Dec, 2011 05:16 pm
@mysteryman,
No, you criticized them, because I mentioned the necessity for Pell Grants.
mysteryman

Reply Thu 15 Dec, 2011 05:19 pm
@cicerone imposter,
Again, you are mistaken.
I am not criticizing the need for some people to get grants or loans.
I AM however, criticizing their demand that they not have to pay back the loans.
cicerone imposter

Reply Thu 15 Dec, 2011 05:46 pm
@mysteryman,
"Demand not to pay back the loans?" Gee, how many are there? Do you know?

Interesting that you're back-stroking on my original post about Pell Grants.
cicerone imposter

Reply Thu 15 Dec, 2011 06:04 pm
@cicerone imposter,
mm wrote,
Quote:
And because of that they want their loans to be forgiven.
And now they want their loans forgiven.
Who forced them to take the loans?
They could have done it the old fashioned way and paid their own way thru college.

You ever try to go through med school while working an outside job? How about those kids who's parents are unable to fund their education, and the only way they can go to college is through a loan?

Their motivation to go to college is much more important than your silly idea about "Who forced them top take the loans?"
0 Replies

RABEL222

Reply Thu 15 Dec, 2011 07:06 pm
@cicerone imposter,
Typical republican thinking. The dumber you keep the electorate the more likely they are to vote conservative.
OmSigDAVID

Reply Thu 15 Dec, 2011 08:05 pm
@mysteryman,
mysteryman wrote:
Again, you are mistaken.
I am not criticizing the need for some people to get grants or loans.

I AM however, criticizing their demand that they not have to pay back the loans.
That is a DISTORTION, of the contract i.e., a liberal concept.

David
0 Replies

mysteryman

Reply Thu 15 Dec, 2011 08:05 pm
If I had my way, EVERYONE would go to college, and everyone would get PELL GRANTS and loans to pay for it. Of course, they would then have to pay those loans back, with interest.
I have no problems with loans or grants, I have a problem with people expecting to not have to pay those loans back.
OmSigDAVID

Reply Thu 15 Dec, 2011 08:07 pm
@mysteryman,
That is the difference between a loan
and a gift.
0 Replies

Fido

Reply Thu 15 Dec, 2011 08:43 pm
@RABEL222,
RABEL222 wrote:

Typical republican thinking. The dumber you keep the electorate the more likely they are to vote conservative.
It is true enough, but the democrats are no great friend of education or democracy... As Teddy Kennedy once said: The democratic party is the voice of the people... Well, then only because they stole it from the people... Whenever there is a hard choice to make they could put it before the people... They never do.... They give us what they may think will keep us from squeeeling, but they never allow us the power to get it ourselves, or even suggest that we may be capable..
cicerone imposter

Reply Thu 15 Dec, 2011 09:47 pm
@Fido,
The democrats in congress are a bunch of chumps without any backbones to stand up for what they believe.
Fido

Reply Fri 16 Dec, 2011 07:21 am
@cicerone imposter,
cicerone imposter wrote:

The democrats in congress are a bunch of chumps without any backbones to stand up for what they believe.
They believe in getting re-elected, and they live by the moto that it is harder to get **** to stick on a shadow than a wall... The republicans stick to their principals which are only the ideas they hold instead of thoughts...The democrats have no principals, but many poses they assume in the latest fashion... It is the desire of each to hold positions which should be positions of power that they soon find are powerless but remunerative that keeps them coming back for more...
cicerone imposter

Reply Fri 16 Dec, 2011 11:14 am
@Fido,
I think you got that about right! They have no ethics, morals, or party allegiance.
cicerone imposter

Reply Fri 16 Dec, 2011 11:19 am
@cicerone imposter,
Even the GOP front runners are having problems with party support.

From USAToday.
Quote:
As former House speaker Newt Gingrich's standing in the polls has risen, so has the chorus of criticism from his fellow Republicans, who have become more vocal in their fears that Gingrich could be a disaster for the Republicans if he gets the party's presidential nomination.

They are blind to seeking power regardless of what their party or the country needs.
0 Replies

OmSigDAVID

Reply Fri 16 Dec, 2011 02:52 pm

Newt coud n woud do a good job in getting rid of obama.

David
Cycloptichorn

Reply Fri 16 Dec, 2011 02:53 pm
@OmSigDAVID,
OmSigDAVID wrote:

Newt coud n woud do a good job in getting rid of obama.

David

I have a hard time believing that you honestly think the man could beat Obama. There's practically zero evidence to support such a conclusion.

Cycloptichorn
ehBeth

Reply Fri 16 Dec, 2011 02:55 pm
@cicerone imposter,
cicerone imposter wrote:
56% take out loans to go to college.

that's probably a big hunk of the problem right there

work first, earn some money, then go to college/university/trade school
OmSigDAVID

Reply Fri 16 Dec, 2011 03:07 pm
@Cycloptichorn,
We will probably see if that is true or not.

David
0 Replies

Cycloptichorn

Reply Fri 16 Dec, 2011 03:13 pm
@ehBeth,
ehBeth wrote:

cicerone imposter wrote:
56% take out loans to go to college.

that's probably a big hunk of the problem right there

work first, earn some money, then go to college/university/trade school

Really? Good luck getting a job that pays anything without a degree first. And good luck saving up money to go to college while scraping by on your low-paying job.

Unless we're planning on kids living at home from age 18-22, I can't see this being a way for any significant amount of money to be saved.

Cycloptichorn