House of Reps. member Giffords shot in Arizona today

OmSigDAVID

Reply Fri 14 Jan, 2011 08:13 am
@realjohnboy,
realjohnboy wrote:

I am genuinely curious about something. Arizona has, I guess, a relatively high percentage of the population owning guns. Hunting guns, target shooting guns.
How does it compare to other states in regard to concealed weapons permits?
There were dozens, perhaps a 100 people in the area close to Rep Giffords at the Safeway store. Why did none of them take any action?
Instead the guy was was taken down by a 71-year old man, a 60-something woman and a couple of other people.
probably unarmed Democrats there to see their elected representative

Note that no license is legally necessary
in Arizona to possess a concealed weapon on your body.

David
OmSigDAVID

Reply Fri 14 Jan, 2011 08:45 am
@BillW,
BillW wrote:
I hope like hell she gets the Republican nomination....
Maybe for VP

I want Dr. Paul for President.

David
blueveinedthrobber

Reply Fri 14 Jan, 2011 08:52 am
I am building my constituency, quietly and without fanfare, to get on the 2012 ballot in North Carolina . I'm confident this will cause a groundswell of support for my new third party and that I will sweep the election in 2016.
OmSigDAVID

Reply Fri 14 Jan, 2011 10:01 am
@blueveinedthrobber,
blueveinedthrobber wrote:
I am building my constituency, quietly and without fanfare, to get on the 2012 ballot in North Carolina . I'm confident this will cause a groundswell of support for my new third party and that I will sweep the election in 2016.
The GOP has the elephant.
The Democrats have the ass.
What will YOUR symbolic animal be ?
okie

Reply Fri 14 Jan, 2011 10:48 am
@blueveinedthrobber,
Does that "groundswell" have a chance of reaching 1% of the vote ?
Cycloptichorn

Reply Fri 14 Jan, 2011 11:06 am
@okie,
okie wrote:

Does that "groundswell" have a chance of reaching 1% of the vote ?

Depends on whether he wears the pants or not in the commerical.

Cycloptichorn
CoastalRat

Reply Fri 14 Jan, 2011 11:19 am
@Cycloptichorn,
Please let him wear the pants. For the sake of my eyesight, please let him wear the pants!
Joe Nation

Reply Fri 14 Jan, 2011 11:23 am
@CoastalRat,
Obviously C-rat, you haven't seen the pants.

Joe(now,back to the thread)Nation
mysteryman

Reply Fri 14 Jan, 2011 11:34 am
@plainoldme,
I thank you for your concern about my sleeping habits, but since I work 2nd shift (thats 3-11), i dont usually go to bed before 2AM central time.
And since this ppart of Ky is on central time, that puts me 1 hour behind eastern time.
So, nearly 1AM for you is nearly midnite for me.

Please explain how having or not having a gun permit makes someone cowardly.
That doesnt make sense.
0 Replies

blueveinedthrobber

Reply Fri 14 Jan, 2011 11:55 am
@OmSigDAVID,
OmSigDAVID wrote:

Anaconda of course Wink
0 Replies

CoastalRat

Reply Fri 14 Jan, 2011 12:53 pm
@Joe Nation,
So you're saying I might prefer seeing him in a pants-less commercial? Maybe I'll just stop watching TV altogether to avoid either scenario.
mysteryman

Reply Fri 14 Jan, 2011 01:22 pm
@CoastalRat,
Thanx!!

Now I have to wash my eyes out with bleach to get that image out of my head...LOL
CoastalRat

Reply Fri 14 Jan, 2011 01:27 pm
@mysteryman,
I just enjoy sharing the pain. Misery loves company, and all that.
0 Replies

mysteryman

Reply Fri 14 Jan, 2011 01:27 pm
@plainoldme,
So you detest firearms, thats your right.

But that doesnt mean that all people that own firearms are cowards, nor does it mean that the firearms are to blame.

If guns kill people, then pencils misspell words, cars drive drunk, and spoons make people fat! Remember: Hold the person accountable for their actions, not the means they chose to utilize.

A firearm is simply a tool, nothing more.
It cannot by itself, do anything.
It takes a person using it to kill or hurt someone.
JTT

Reply Fri 14 Jan, 2011 01:37 pm
@mysteryman,
Here are your your exact words...

Quote:

The entire state is full of cowardly, paranoid idiots

So,since you said the ENTIRE state, that means you are calling everyone cowards.Sorry if you dont like getting quoted.

===================

Getting quoted is one thing, MM, but getting the quoted meaning right is yet another.

I don't know if it was your urge to play gotcha or some native stupidity but it most certainly does not mean what you've suggested it [underlined portion] means.

If I say, "you are full of ****" does that mean that I mean right up to your eyeballs and beyond, that all your innards have been replaced?

It means that no portion of the state is without a full measure of cowardly, paranoid idiots.

If it meant what you say it meant, then the following wouldn't be possible.

The entire state is full of cowardly, paranoid idiots surrounded by an equal/a nearly equal number/by a smaller number of/by a few/by a smaller complement of sane, brave folk.

The preceding comments relate to the language issues only.
JPB

Reply Fri 14 Jan, 2011 01:41 pm
@JTT,
Quote:
If I say, "you are full of ****" does that mean that I mean right up to your eyeballs and beyond, that all your innards have been replaced?

Ok, that made me laugh out loud.
0 Replies

Finn dAbuzz

Reply Fri 14 Jan, 2011 01:48 pm
@snood,
snood wrote:

H2O MAN wrote:

No snoodle, I see it just fine - you are the ignorant one.

In case you hadn't noticed, that was the first time I've directly answered anything you've said for over a year. It's because I've had you on ignore, and just clicked 'read' on these last two posts of yours in the thin hope that you might have anything at all of worth to say. You are more pathetic than ever. Stupid - proudly, defiantly ignorant; an addled idiot tapping out his sickness for all to see. If there is anything redeemable about you, you doubtless will never know it. You are a pestulant pestilence -a waste of time in every way. And now, welcome back to the unseen, unheard, insignificant ignore ranks.

Well that's certainly better than wishing H2O Man threw a gutter ball. Cool
Finn dAbuzz

Reply Fri 14 Jan, 2011 01:51 pm
@OmSigDAVID,
OmSigDAVID wrote:

The tubesnake
H2O MAN

Reply Fri 14 Jan, 2011 02:02 pm
@Finn dAbuzz,
Finn dAbuzz wrote:

The tubesnake

The Tiny Trouser Trout
spendius

Reply Fri 14 Jan, 2011 02:18 pm
@mysteryman,
Quote:
A firearm is simply a tool, nothing more.
It cannot by itself, do anything.

If everybody in my pub was carrying a gun it certainly would mean something.

What were guns like when the right to carry them was carved in stone and what was the social system like at the time?