House of Reps. member Giffords shot in Arizona today

JTT

Reply Fri 14 Jan, 2011 02:34 pm
@Finn dAbuzz,
You've got yourself a friend there, Finn. You and h2oman, both offering heaping teaspoonfuls of wisdom.
blueveinedthrobber

Reply Fri 14 Jan, 2011 03:18 pm
@H2O MAN,
H2O MAN wrote:

Finn dAbuzz wrote:

The tubesnake

The Tiny Trouser Trout

anything stuck into your vagina would seem tiny I'm sure
0 Replies

snood

Reply Fri 14 Jan, 2011 03:52 pm
@Finn dAbuzz,
Finn dAbuzz wrote:

snood wrote:

H2O MAN wrote:

No snoodle, I see it just fine - you are the ignorant one.

In case you hadn't noticed, that was the first time I've directly answered anything you've said for over a year. It's because I've had you on ignore, and just clicked 'read' on these last two posts of yours in the thin hope that you might have anything at all of worth to say. You are more pathetic than ever. Stupid - proudly, defiantly ignorant; an addled idiot tapping out his sickness for all to see. If there is anything redeemable about you, you doubtless will never know it. You are a pestulant pestilence -a waste of time in every way. And now, welcome back to the unseen, unheard, insignificant ignore ranks.

Well that's certainly better than wishing H2O Man threw a gutter ball. Cool

None of which addresses the fact that you are dead wrong in your asssertion that everyone has very certainly said aloud the same things as you have, and in your insistence that anyone who denies it are fools and liars. But smirk on.
mysteryman

Reply Fri 14 Jan, 2011 04:03 pm
@spendius,
If everyone in your pub was carrying a gun all it means is that They are all armed.
A gun is an inanimate object. By itself it can do nothing. It takes a person to pull the trigger and fire it.
Contrary to movies and popular fiction, when everyone was armed, during the days of the "wild west", there was not the massive gun violence that is shown in the movies.
When everyone was armed and wasn't afraid to use those guns, the bad guys knew the citizens would shoot back.

Its the same way now, states That allow concealed carry have less crime, because the bad guys know that the honest citizens are armed and will shoot back.
But it still takes a person to pull the trigger.
If you eliminate guns, people will still kill each other with knives, clubs, rocks, or anything else they can think of.
Guns are not the problem, criminals are the problem.
H2O MAN

Reply Fri 14 Jan, 2011 04:13 pm
@JTT,
In your case... just a tablespoon of honesty helps the medicine go down...
0 Replies

Lash

Reply Fri 14 Jan, 2011 04:27 pm
@DrewDad,
No. The conversation, as they so often do, moved around to associated topics.
0 Replies

spendius

Reply Fri 14 Jan, 2011 04:30 pm
@mysteryman,
Quote:
Guns are not the problem, criminals are the problem.

What should we do then? Have we to all go around tweeting sweet nothings? People are the probem. Conflict.

You're saying nothing mm. We have squashed together people. Inevitable conflict. The choice is to have guns in the cocktail or not. Not to start imagining utopias.
Lash

Reply Fri 14 Jan, 2011 04:33 pm
@snood,
We'd morphed into a conversation about policing our speech to such a degree that someone here said they've never made any type of statement that they would be concerned if some mentally unstable person overheard and acted on.

I find it impossible to believe.

I've never wished a person dead - even murderers. It's about speech and levels of responsibility for what we say. I think it was cyclo, who said if a comment was the impetus for personal harm, the person making the comment is partially guilty. I just refute the hell outta that.
Lash

Reply Fri 14 Jan, 2011 04:34 pm
@snood,
snood-
Why is it ok to say these things about Bush?
Lash

Reply Fri 14 Jan, 2011 04:37 pm
@snood,
Hey dude. You admitted you'd done it.
snood

Reply Fri 14 Jan, 2011 04:38 pm
@Lash,
Lash wrote:

snood-
Why is it ok to say these things about Bush?

(I really feel like you guys are dancing all around, but) What things - who said 'em?
0 Replies

snood

Reply Fri 14 Jan, 2011 04:42 pm
@Lash,
Lash wrote:

Hey dude. You admitted you'd done it.

Yeah, you're definitely dancing. You and Finn were trying to say "everybody does it". I, and a couple others said, "No, we don't". In the interest of full disclosure, I said I could only vouch for the last 20 years with certainty. That still doesn't make you right when you say that everyone does it, Lash. Jesus, why can't you admit you're wrong about something?
mysteryman

Reply Fri 14 Jan, 2011 04:57 pm
@spendius,
The vast majority of people that own guns are not criminals, nor do they have any intention of ever using them against another person.
However, there is a minority of people, the criminal element, that does use fund to commit crimes.

I am on record as saying that to eliminate crime all one has to do is eliminate criminals.
No parole, no probation, if you commit a crime, and someone dies for any reason because of that crime, then you die. If you get sentenced to 20 years, then you do the entire time, with no parole.

Now I know that will never happen, mainly because politicians are afraid to do what's needed, so until then honest citizens need to have the right to defend themselves, their property, and their families by any available means, up to and including deadly force.
JTT

Reply Fri 14 Jan, 2011 05:02 pm
@mysteryman,
And such a fine, upstanding citizen you are, MM. You adhere, religiously, to those cast in stone conservative concepts of honesty and personal accountability/responsibility.

I sure wish there were more like you.
mysteryman

Reply Fri 14 Jan, 2011 05:12 pm
@JTT,
I know that was your attempt at sarcasm, but I will take it as a compliment.
I have always held myself accountable for my actions, and I have always been honest about my opinions.
Go back to my very first post on A2K, and you will see that my personal beliefs and opinions have not changed.

So even though you were trying to be sarcastic, I thank you for the compliment, even though it was unintended.
JTT

Reply Fri 14 Jan, 2011 05:18 pm
@mysteryman,
Might I refer you to Post: # 4,477,077 on page 67 of this thread, Mr Honest John?
realjohnboy

Reply Fri 14 Jan, 2011 05:23 pm
@mysteryman,
mysteryman wrote:

Here are your your exact words...

Quote:
The entire state is full of cowardly, paranoid idiots

So,since you said the ENTIRE state, that means you are calling everyone cowards.
Sorry if you dont like getting quoted.

Is that the post you are referring to?
0 Replies

Setanta

Reply Fri 14 Jan, 2011 05:27 pm
@Lash,
Lash wrote:
I think it was cyclo, who said if a comment was the impetus for personal harm, the person making the comment is partially guilty. I just refute the hell outta that.

Not guilty. Partially responsible.

I said it. I stand by it, and so do the courts in Ontario.

(oops - this is Beth, not Set)

mysteryman

Reply Fri 14 Jan, 2011 05:29 pm
@JTT,
I was quite clear in what I wrote, and my explanation of my thinking.
I quoted POM exactly, and stated exactly what I thought was wrong with her post and why.
Exactly what about my response do you believe was dishonest or me not being accountable?
Joe Nation

Reply Fri 14 Jan, 2011 05:54 pm
@mysteryman,
Here's the thing, Mysteryman, (and maybe we should talk about this elsewhere) but a lot of times I've been in a bar with people who are carrying guns and, whether it's in Oklahoma or New York, about half of those packing are itching for a fight.

What can I tell you? If there's three guys standing near the doorway to the restaurant area and one of them gets bumped the wrong way, odds are if will be the one who's whole person is wound-up by factors that neither you nor I fully comprehend.

If there is a scene and his two companions can't convince him that it's not worth killing someone over, maybe everyone goes back to eating their Chicken Enchiladas, maybe not. And that's when the guns get shown.
Ahhh.
I don't care if someone wants to carry a gun, I don't. I'm no threat to them, so they are no threat to me. That is unless they decide I am some kind of threat, or that guy over there (That he will have to shoot through me to get to) is a threat. Or maybe he just gets a little drunk and decides someone is looking the wrong way at his girlfriend's tits which are 1) hanging out and 2)quite lovely.

Is there any way, any suggestion, any idea you might suggest that would allow me to take my honey out for a late night bite without wondering whether the three loudmouth ****-faced jerks with chips on their shoulders at the bar are just looking for a fistfight or am I going to have to continue to hope they are too drunk and too hot-headed to shoot straight?

I don't think there is anyway to keep guns out of the hands of mad-men, but I'd settle if we could find some way of keeping guns out of the hands of assholes.
Joe(especially assholes with attitudes)Nation