House of Reps. member Giffords shot in Arizona today

JTT

Reply Fri 25 Mar, 2011 01:14 pm
@BillRM,
That hellhole that has a lower Infant Mortality Rate than the US of A.

That hellhole where the female population isn't turned into whores for visiting Americans.

That hellhole that isn't run by American gangsters, both the Mafia type and the US government type.

That hellhole where the people have some of the best healthcare in the world, for free.

That hellhole where there is a literacy rate, this might interest you, Bill, that is higher than the US.

Quote:
A true story: in 1960, less than a year after their victory, Castro's government decided to wipe out illiteracy. They recruited 120,000 volunteer teachers, most of them young high school students. Armed only with books and Coleman-style gas lanterns, the volunteers entered the most remote areas, teaching peasants of all ages to read. The grim part of the story was that there were still counterrevolutionaries in the hills -- and they received support from the CIA. They knew the literacy brigades were helping solidify Castro's support among the peasantry, so the young volunteers were terrorized and at least one was murdered. But the campaign succeeded anyway. Practically overnight, Cuba's literacy rate rose to 97%, and it's now a little higher than that. By the way, the average Cuban's knowledge of the U.S. and of world events is astonishing.

http://www.bicyclingcuba.com/bikecuba/education.htm

A government that tries to help its population and the CIA, as usual, is trying to stop such ventures. Why? Because educated people are that much harder to control, harder for the US and its fleet of brutal dictators to keep subjugated, harder for that same filth to steal the peoples' wealth.

But you know all this and still you lie, still you pump out the propaganda that is fed into that dismal gourd that sits upon your shoulders.

How much lower could a human possibly go, Bill?
0 Replies

JTT

Reply Fri 25 Mar, 2011 01:23 pm
@BillRM,
Quote:
So the bad economic times justify a government that lock up a man into a cell for 15 years for speaking out?

You ought to look at the case of the Cuban Five, Bill. Five men who sought only to provide American authorities with the proof that American based Cuban exiles, in cooperation with US officials, were breaking US and international law by planning and carrying out terrorist actions against Cuba.

For providing information to the authorities that the authorities already knew, they got ridiculously stiff sentences and their wives/families have been refused visitation. Where did this all happen you ask?, in some hellhole country?

Quote:

The Cuban Five
by Lawrence Wilkerson
Sept. 19, 2007
Reprinted from The Havana Note

I attended a briefing by Leonard Weinglass (he of the Daniel Ellsberg/Pentagon Papers fame, of the Amy Carter tribulations, and other famous efforts to achieve justice against at times huge odds) at Howard University's Law School on Wednesday, 12 September. I was stunned by what counselor Weinglass revealed.

As a military officer for 31 years, I occasionally encountered Cuba. In exercises, I recall vividly that when we wargamed "the Cuba scenario" what happened was that the U.S. Navy, the FBI, the Florida State Police, the Coast Guard, and a host of other folks got involved not in invading Cuba, but in preventing a group of Cuban-Americans in Florida from doing so. I might add that such actions violated U.S. law and so, in the exercises—which were in my view very realistic—we spent our time attempting to stop several hundred small boats, loaded with automatic weapons, explosives, and lots of Cuban-Americans, from getting to Cuba. So, I was acquainted with some of the vagaries of U.S. Cuba policy.

At Howard University last week, I learned the truth about yet another vagary—"The Cuban Five." Here's a quick backgrounder.

Because the Cuban government had come to much the same conclusion as the U.S. military and did not want to be invaded by a bunch of Cuban-Americans from Florida, it decided to send five Cubans to Florida to spy on this "invasion group". (And what I haven't mentioned is that this group of Floridians is considered to be a group of terrorists by Cuban authorities. Why? Because over the past few years this group has allegedly carried out terrorist acts in Cuba and killed by some counts over 3,000 Cubans. One of these acts was to bring down a Cuban airliner with 76 souls on board, all of whom perished.)

When these five Cubans began reporting back to Havana about what they were discovering in Florida, the picture became very clear. In short, Cuban authorities were convinced that their country did indeed have much to worry about.

So, in Havana the thought was, let's give this evidence our five "spies" have gathered to the U.S. FBI. Surely, the FBI will then understand what the U.S. military already understands, i.e., the threat to peace in the Straits of Florida is in Florida not in Cuba. And so Havana did just that. It gave to the FBI the evidence its five men had gathered in southern Florida.

What did the FBI do? Well, here is the crux of the matter. The FBI turned the evidence over to the U.S. Government and it, in turn, used the evidence not to investigate and, if necessary, arrest and prosecute the law-breaking Cuban-Americans and their supporters in southern Florida, but to arrest and eventually imprison for life the five men who "spied" on these fine, loyal Floridians.

When the case came to trial, a change of venue was warranted and asked for because no Miami court was going to give the Cuban Five a fair trial, since the city is largely in the hands of some of the very Cuban-Americans and their supporters who've allegedly perpetrated these atrocities on the Cuban people and are prepared to invade the island. But the change of venue motion was denied. And of course the five were convicted.

But on appeal, in a decision by three of the judges of the 11th Circuit Court of Appeals, the trial's results were thrown out—as of course they should have been on the denial of the change of venue motion alone. The Five returned to Cuba and their families, right?

No, because in a full meeting of the 11th Circuit Court with all 12 members present, the ruling of the three members was reversed and The Five went back to jail, where they have been now for nine years.

The case is being reviewed yet again even as I write. That is one of the reasons that Leonard Weinglass gave the briefing at Howard University that I attended. He wanted to inform us of this apparently egregious miscarriage of justice and solicit our support in getting the decision reversed.

If the facts are as counselor Weinglass reported, it is hard to believe that this case ever happened in the first place—unless, of course, one contemplates the real power of this group of Cuban-Americans in Florida and the hold they exercise over the U.S. Government.

But this case sort of takes the cake: to punish with life sentences men who came here to determine how and when their country was going to be attacked by people breaking U.S. law. These men were unarmed, not intent on any physical damage to the United States, and were motivated to protect their fellow citizens from invasion and repeated attacks by Cuban-Americans living in Florida.

And we have to ask also, just how is it that we have become a safe haven for alleged terrorists? How is it that we—the United States of America—may rate a place on our own list of states that sponsor terrorism?

If the facts are as counselor Weinglass reported, this case is truly the bottom of the pit. I had great trouble believing it, but I had nothing with which to refute Mr. Weinglass' superbly delivered presentation. But more than that was my four years inside the Bush Administration. You see, I know the depths to which our government is capable of sinking. Torture. Lies. False intelligence. Tyranny. Is the continued failure to resolve fairly this case against the Cuban Five, even though it began in the second Clinton administration, really so unbelievable when cast against the characters of the current administration?

Talk to your congressman or woman, please. This is a travesty. And, by the way, if you can disprove any of what Mr. Weinglass contends, fire away. America has many disastrous actions chalked up to its discredit at the moment, so to be disabused of one of such heavy import would be a gift from the gods.

http://www.freethefive.org/updates/USMedia/USMWilkerson91907.htm

BillRM

Reply Fri 25 Mar, 2011 01:41 pm
@JTT,
Shame on us for placing spies and un-registries agents of an unfriendly government into prison but someone I do not see how that relate to placing your own citizens in prison for complaining about their government.

JTT

Reply Fri 25 Mar, 2011 01:54 pm
@BillRM,
Quote:
Shame on us for placing spies and agents of an unfriendly government into prison

You really are one dumb piece of ****.

They were not spies, unless you count spies as people who expose US government crimes and perfidy. [But aren't you the guy who thinks that WikiLeaks is doing good work exposing the same crimes and perfidy?]

Shane on you for placing spies and agents of one of the unfriendliest government on the planet [in terms of deaths caused to innocents of third world countries] in a country. That is terrorism, terrorism plain and simple.

Okay, so you didn't read the article because your simple little brain can't cope with the dissonance. Stick to the propaganda feed. It's all mixed up for simpletons to ingest and digest.
spendius

Reply Fri 25 Mar, 2011 02:15 pm
@BillRM,
Bill--No government puts people in prison for complaining about it. It is for complaining about it publicly. Those that do it parade their insecurity. Hence JTT's complaints are a measure of how secure the US Government feels.

I'm not sure myself which is the most insulting. JTT's complaints are such that the US Government must not give a **** about complaints. Our's is the same: more or less. We all hope, I'm sure, that no changes will be made.

I would guess that our two governments are confident that any complaints we make are in no danger of catching fire and denting their confidence as they often are with insecure and incompetent regimes. It qualifies us to be called "advanced".
spendius

Reply Fri 25 Mar, 2011 02:17 pm
@spendius,
Just look at the complaints Mr Obama made prior to his election about the previous government.
0 Replies

BillRM

Reply Fri 25 Mar, 2011 02:19 pm
@JTT,
First I have zero need to read your posted bullshit as once more I live in South Florida and that whole spying case was front page news for weeks on end.

It is hard to bullshit someone who live in the community that these assholes was operating in.

Now once more how does placing spies and unregister agents of a foreign government in prison have any connection to placing your own citizens in prison for openly complaining about their own government.
JTT

Reply Fri 25 Mar, 2011 02:33 pm
@BillRM,
Quote:
First I have zero need to read your posted bullshit as once more I live in South Florida and that whole spying case was front page news for weeks on end.

That wasn't me who wrote all that, Bill. That was Lawrence Wilkerson, who you might, or actually, might not have heard of, considering how poorly informed you are; such is the nature of the propagandized environment in which you live.

Another commentator, a lawyer pointed out how this was such a banana republic type court case. A change of venue was denied, when as you've pointed out, the chance of these fellas getting a fair trial in south Florida was nil - it's noted that was was something that you thought favorable.

After their acquittal, there was something that struck me as odd. An entire group of judges got together and [far be it for me to suggest that there was any US government interference] they overturned that acquittal and changed it to a conviction. Now, as I've said, I didn't quite understand that whole process, perhaps you might explain it to me, Bill.
BillRM

Reply Fri 25 Mar, 2011 02:39 pm
@JTT,
the word bullshit come to mind...............and I will cheerfully address that case once you answer the following question. that you had been avoiding up to this point.

And once more what repeat what connection repeat what connection does placing unregister agents/spies into prison have do with locking up your own citizens for the crime of openly complaining about their government.
JTT

Reply Fri 25 Mar, 2011 02:45 pm
@BillRM,
Quote:
the word bullshit come to mind.

Of course it does. Your mind has been jammed full of nothing else since you were in diapers.
0 Replies

spendius

Reply Fri 25 Mar, 2011 03:02 pm
@BillRM,
You didn't say "openly" complaining in the original question Bill.
BillRM

Reply Fri 25 Mar, 2011 05:40 pm
@spendius,
Yes and what do you think that they was doing it under their breathe?

Would you like me to upload the current list of such people now in Cuban prisons?
plainoldme

Reply Fri 25 Mar, 2011 05:43 pm
@OmSigDAVID,
Sleazy is a woman with silicone implants, pushed through a low cut neckline and shoved in everyone's face.

Sleazy is drinking to excess and gambling.

Sleazy is the mafia.
plainoldme

Reply Fri 25 Mar, 2011 05:44 pm
@RABEL222,
What we have in the US is being lied to by corporate America whose top players steal our money.
spendius

Reply Fri 25 Mar, 2011 05:49 pm
@plainoldme,
There's nothing particulary surprising or ground-breaking in that pom. It would be surprising and ground-breaking if a working alternative was provided.

What does "our money" mean?
0 Replies

spendius

Reply Fri 25 Mar, 2011 05:52 pm
@BillRM,
You're a sophist Bill. Not a very good one but a sophist nevertheless. Nobody I ever heard of was put in prison for saying something nobody else heard.

Name me one.
spendius

Reply Fri 25 Mar, 2011 05:54 pm
@plainoldme,
Quote:
Sleazy is a woman with silicone implants, pushed through a low cut neckline and shoved in everyone's face.

That's not even in the foothills of sleaziness pom.
0 Replies

BillRM

Reply Fri 25 Mar, 2011 05:57 pm
@spendius,
What the hell did you mean then?????????????/
OmSigDAVID

Reply Fri 25 Mar, 2011 06:11 pm
@BillRM,
BillRM wrote:
It is a damn shame we can not place you in a real slave society for a few years.

In Cuba for example you can not travel freely outside your country just to start with.

If you express any opinion that government does not care for you are jail for decades.

You work where and when the government wish you to work.

No internet access of course.

In other work it is a slave island so cut the damn silliness
that the US is not heaven on earth compare to such a situation!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Yes, very clearly.
I feel very sorry for the Cuban slaves.

David
spendius

Reply Fri 25 Mar, 2011 06:16 pm
@BillRM,
You know very well what I mean. Tell us what "under the breath" meant.

If you just want the last word say so and you can have it.