House of Reps. member Giffords shot in Arizona today

JTT

Reply Sat 8 Jan, 2011 07:10 pm
Act 1

Reggie Repub: Who's more evil? You damn dems don't know the first thing about evil. We invented evil.

Donny Dem: Oh yeah, your mother wears army boots and and we can do evil if we really want. Don't go thinking that you have the market cornered on evil. You wanna see evil, ... let me think, oh yeah, remember you guys said Obama is the devil incarnate, how's that for evil.

Reggie Repub: You pikers can't hold a candlestick to our guys. They are injected with evil from Fort Detrick before we let 'em even consider running. And our troops to back 'em up, hell, we've got more armaments than most of the tiny countries that the US abuses and forces 'em to buy our guns and stuff.

Donny Dem: We're way more evil.
Ronny Repub: Are not!
DD: Am too!
RR: No way!

[they shoot each other]

Act 2

[Two more 'Mericans - same dialog, same ending]

Act 5,698

[same ole same ole]
0 Replies

kuvasz

Reply Sat 8 Jan, 2011 07:11 pm
@slkshock7,
Quote:
Sure...Daily Kos was blaming Palin less than an hour after the incident. They had Sara's graphic up at 10:50 am....Giffords was shot at around 10 am.

Okay, jarhead, explain how Sara Palin was held responsible by liberals for the actual shooting. You can't point to a post that said that Palin shot and killed a conservative federal judge as well as a democratic congresswoman.

You can point to a thread that pointed to a Palin website that used teloscopic cross-hairs to show where her political opponents are located, and unsuprizingly one of those targeted opponents was shot in the head.

slkshock7

Reply Sat 8 Jan, 2011 07:11 pm
@BillW,
Bill,
How old are you? Have you gotten out of grade school yet? That's about the last time I heard insults like that...
JPB

Reply Sat 8 Jan, 2011 07:13 pm
The number killed now stands at 6.
0 Replies

BillW

Reply Sat 8 Jan, 2011 07:15 pm
@slkshock7,
I would say that I believe you if what I say weren't true, unfortunately, it is true.
0 Replies

slkshock7

Reply Sat 8 Jan, 2011 07:20 pm
@kuvasz,
Kuvasz,

from Daily Kos

Quote:
here is no working with someone who... (6+ / 0-)
... wants to kill you.

Unfortunately, it looks like the enemy within is becoming increasingly brazen. Forceful action must be taken to end this before it gets worse.

Quote:
She should be arrested and made to answer (13+ / 0-)
for her inciting violence.

Quote:
Time to go after Palin and FOX for this (15+ / 0-)
Start writing Letters to the Editor. Palin is responsible for puttinga target on this woman---a wife and mother. We cannot condemn her enough.

too many to continue...

And from our very own BVT

BlueVeined Throbber wrote:
I suggest, as you know, that people who publish this kind of rabble rousing bullshit... including Ms. Palin , who has voluntarily taken on the mantle of leadership of the far right...IS partially responsible.
BillW

Reply Sat 8 Jan, 2011 07:20 pm
@kuvasz,
Quote:
plain how Sara Palin was held responsible by liberals for the actual shooting

Was also on a death list, by name from PALIN. Also, no one has denied 2nd amendment rights, only the use of 2nd amendment rights to solve "bullet box" issues when the ballot box did not work. But, reading comprehension will once again get in the way from some on the right!
0 Replies

BillW

Reply Sat 8 Jan, 2011 07:21 pm
There is possibly another prep........

This one white also possibly in his 50's
cicerone imposter

Reply Sat 8 Jan, 2011 07:21 pm
@slkshock7,
Not going to happen.
0 Replies

Gargamel

Reply Sat 8 Jan, 2011 07:33 pm
@slkshock7,
On behalf of the "libs" on this board, I would like to apologize for hurting your feelings (since they're what matters most here).

But, um, look on the bright side: neither you nor someone you love got shot in the head today!
0 Replies

sozobe

Reply Sat 8 Jan, 2011 07:42 pm
@BillW,
Yeah, just saw something about that:

Quote:
Officials in Arizona are looking for a second suspect in the shooting just outside of Tucson but declined to elaborate other than to say they have a picture of the person and would like to find him

Sheriff Clarence W. Dupnik said there is "some reason to believe" that the 22-year-old suspect they have in custody did not act alone.

"He has kind of a troubled past, I can tell you that," Mr. Dupnik said of the person in custody. He would not reveal his name, though many reports have said he is Jared Lee Loughner.

"We are not convinced that he acted alone. There is some reason to believe that he came to this location with another individual. That the other individual may in some way be involved."

But the sheriff said that he could not disclose more information. "As much as we would like to find this person, and we have pictures of him" he declined to provide information.

The sheriff later said that the second suspect was a white man in his 50s.

http://thecaucus.blogs.nytimes.com/2011/01/08/live-blog-representative-giffords-shot/?hp
0 Replies

hawkeye10

Reply Sat 8 Jan, 2011 08:00 pm
It is going to take a couple of days to dig into this guys life to get an idea what this is all about, but I have a prediction....this is a fragile person who probably had a poor childhood who went to war , came back broken, and never got the help he needed from the VA. We are seeing A LOT of that these days.
sozobe

Reply Sat 8 Jan, 2011 08:01 pm
@hawkeye10,
No, he tried to join the Army but was turned down.
BillW

Reply Sat 8 Jan, 2011 08:01 pm
Some odds and ends:

An Arizona sheriff said he is “not convinced” the person who shot U.S. Representative Gabrielle Giffords and killed a federal judge acted alone.

Samples of videos on what may be his YouTube sites include comments that he “can’t trust the current government because of the ratifications: the government is implying mind control and brainwash on the people by controlling grammar.”

Giffords narrowly won reelection in November over Republican and tea party favorite Jesse Kelly, after being named to a “Take Back the 20” list released by Palin, the former GOP vice presidential nominee. The list was a compilation of 20 districts where Democrats backed President Barack Obama’s health care reform while the district went Republican in the 2008 presidential election. The website for the enterprise featured gunsights over the districts involved.

Giffords’ Tucson office was vandalized in March after the health care vote. During an appearance on MSNBC shortly thereafter, she noted that Palin had “targeted” her district.

“The way that she has it depicted has the crosshairs of a gunsight over our district,” Giffords said. “And when people do that, they’ve got to realize there’s consequences to that action.” The image with the gun sights is no longer on the Web site of Ms. Palin.

Quote:
When you look at unbalanced people, how they respond to the vitriol that comes out of certain mouths about tearing down the government. The anger, the hatred, the bigotry that goes on in this country is getting to be outrageous. And, unfortunately, Arizona I think has become sort of the capital. We have become the Mecca for prejudice and bigotry.

It's not unusual for all public officials to get threats constantly, myself included. And that's the sad thing of what's going on in America. Pretty soon, we're not going to be able to find reasonable, decent people who are willing to subject themselves to serve in public office ...

Let me just say one thing, because people tend to poo-poo this business about all the vitriol that we hear inflaming the American public by people who make a living off of doing that. That may be free speech. But it's not without consequences.

- Pima County, Arizona, Sheriff Clarence Dupnik at a press conference about the mass murder in Tucson

cicerone imposter

Reply Sat 8 Jan, 2011 08:02 pm
@hawkeye10,
According to his biography, he seemed involved in college, so I don't see his connection with the military.
BillW

Reply Sat 8 Jan, 2011 08:04 pm
@cicerone imposter,
He was turned down by the military, details later - was involved in education, did have rantings in classrooms.
sozobe

Reply Sat 8 Jan, 2011 08:05 pm
@cicerone imposter,
He was suspended from his community college. He evidently dropped out of high school.

Getting this info from Talking Points Memo and the live blog I linked to before:

http://thecaucus.blogs.nytimes.com/2011/01/08/live-blog-representative-giffords-shot/?hp
0 Replies

JPB

Reply Sat 8 Jan, 2011 08:05 pm
@BillW,
Quote:
Update: In one of the videos, Loughner claims to have been a military recruit. NBC and The Arizona Republic reported that U.S. Army officials confirmed that Loughner attempted to volunteer, but was rejected. Source
0 Replies

JPB

Reply Sat 8 Jan, 2011 08:08 pm
And in related news...

Quote:
WASHINGTON – The House of Representatives is postponing a vote on repealing the recently enacted health care law because of the shooting spree in Tucson, Ariz. that killed a federal judge and wounded Arizona Congresswoman Gabrielle Giffords.

House Majority Leader Eric Cantor said all legislative action "is being postponed so that we can take whatever actions may be necessary in light of today's tragedy." Source
0 Replies

JPB

Reply Sat 8 Jan, 2011 08:11 pm
@BillW,
Quote:
Let me just say one thing, because people tend to poo-poo this business about all the vitriol that we hear inflaming the American public by people who make a living off of doing that. That may be free speech. But it's not without consequences.

- Pima County, Arizona, Sheriff Clarence Dupnik at a press conference about the mass murder in Tucson

amen