Rockhead

Reply Wed 12 Jan, 2011 10:53 am
@plainoldme,
Jesse James...
okie

Reply Wed 12 Jan, 2011 10:54 am
@georgeob1,
georgeob1 wrote:

Bill W has found a cite noting that Sirhan Sirhan was raised as a Christian. I accept that as making the possibility that he was motivated by fanatical Islamist zeal remote in the extreme - in short out of the question. We don't know his (or anyone's) internal motives for such deeds. We can only draw inferences from their words and facts established about their lives. In any event that question is settled. Thanks to Bill.

Sirhan Sirhan was evidently not Islamic in a religious way, but I doubt very seriously that many Islamic Terrorists that claim to do what they do because of the Islamic faith are very religious either. I believe the common thread that links Sirhan Sirhan to the terrorist movements is obviously the hatred for Jews, the nation of Israel, and the Western world that as cultures and nations we are allies of Israel. That is clearly the common thread. That thread is proven in Sirhan Sirhan's case by his own words, which I posted on this thread already, the quote I will repeat.
http://able2know.org/topic/166305-49#post-4474700

"During Sirhan's testimony, Cooper asked him to explain his reasons for the attack on Kennedy. Sirhan launched into "...a vicious diatribe about the Middle East conflict between Arab and Jew." [7][11] Sirhan's anti-Zionist rhetoric was so passionate that one of his own defense counsel, Emile Zola Berman, who was Jewish, became upset and expressed his intentions to resign [yet again] from the defense team. Berman was eventually talked out of resigning by Cooper and stayed until the end of the trial.""
H2O MAN

@plainoldme,
plainoldme wrote:

what sane and reasonable person who wants to be taken seriously as an adult, let alone as a leader, walks around with guns?

Uh, all of them.
0 Replies

plainoldme

@Rockhead,
A responder to an excellent article on Salon today described the 2nd bush regime as "flippant jerkism."
0 Replies

Rockhead

Reply Wed 12 Jan, 2011 10:56 am
@okie,
okie asid...

"Sirhan Sirhan was apparently not practice Islam as his religion, but I doubt very seriously that many Islamic Terrorists that claim to do what they do because of the Islamic faith are very religious either. so I can say anything I want and tie it together now, blah blah blah...."
plainoldme

Reply Wed 12 Jan, 2011 10:56 am
@Rockhead,
Good reply! But which sane and reasonable Jesse: the outlaw or the motorcycle stylist?
Rockhead

Reply Wed 12 Jan, 2011 10:57 am
@plainoldme,
you've obviously not met Jesse....

pick one.
0 Replies

JPB

Reply Wed 12 Jan, 2011 10:58 am
@okie,
Quote:
Sirhan Sirhan was evidently not Islamic in a religious way, but I doubt very seriously that many Islamic Terrorists that claim to do what they do because of the Islamic faith are very religious either.

WHAT!?!?!?!?!?

Did you watch the tape of OBL and his cronies crowing over their successes? Did you read/hear the commentary on how SURPRISED officials in the US were at just how religious and dogmatic they were?
JPB

Reply Wed 12 Jan, 2011 11:00 am
@Joe Nation,
blood libel, eh? Yep, it's all about Sarah and how she's being persecuted Rolling Eyes
Cycloptichorn

@JPB,
JPB wrote:

Quote:
Sirhan Sirhan was evidently not Islamic in a religious way, but I doubt very seriously that many Islamic Terrorists that claim to do what they do because of the Islamic faith are very religious either.

WHAT!?!?!?!?!?

Did you watch the tape of OBL and his cronies crowing over their successes? Did you read/hear the commentary on how SURPRISED officials in the US were at just how religious and dogmatic they were?

Hah, he's not really big on admitting when he was wrong.

Cycloptichorn
0 Replies

okie

@georgeob1,
georgeob1 wrote:
Politicians of both sides speak of "targeting" this or that Congressman, Senator, district or state in a coming election, and no one makes a big deal out of it or assumes that the statement implies murder. The map on the previous page does indeed include surveyors marks and not images of a gunsight reticule to indicate "targeted" districts. I have no idea what was implied or intended by the author or editor, but the inference that this was tantamount to the suggestion of murder or violence is frankly laughable.

It is not only laughable, it demonstrates a deep level of intellectual dishonesty, either that or the writer is so deeply steeped in their own bias or bigotry as to be almost totally blind to reality.
Rockhead

Reply Wed 12 Jan, 2011 11:02 am
@okie,
"intellectual dishonesty"

now that's a strange thing to hear from you, okie.

ironic even...
Cycloptichorn

Reply Wed 12 Jan, 2011 11:02 am
@georgeob1,
Quote:
The map on the previous page does indeed include surveyors marks and not images of a gunsight reticule to indicate "targeted" districts

Dude. Why ruin a good post with such obvious bullshit? I wouldn't expect you to repeat idiocy like this.

Cycloptichorn
0 Replies

Cycloptichorn

Reply Wed 12 Jan, 2011 11:03 am
@Rockhead,
Rockhead wrote:

"intellectual dishonesty"

now that's a strange thing to hear from you, okie.

ironic even...

******* unbelievable, ain't it? This whole 'it's not gunsights' thing is the most juvenile lie ever, and yet they honestly seem to have internalized it.

Cycloptichorn
0 Replies

OmSigDAVID

Reply Wed 12 Jan, 2011 11:05 am
@failures art,
failures art wrote:
. . . If so, then a hateful sign with perfect spelling and grammar is far more dangerous.
Hatred should have no path to legitimacy. . . .
A
R
T
A man 's emotions are his own private business; he is sovereign between his ears.
If a Jew said that he hates the nazis,
I woud not think less of him for it.
I woud not tell him that his emotion is illegitimate.
I 'd agree with him.

David
0 Replies

sozobe

Reply Wed 12 Jan, 2011 11:07 am
@JPB,
That was exactly my reaction.
0 Replies

okie

Reply Wed 12 Jan, 2011 11:10 am
@Rockhead,
Rockhead wrote:
okie asid...
"Sirhan Sirhan was apparently not practice Islam as his religion, but I doubt very seriously that many Islamic Terrorists that claim to do what they do because of the Islamic faith are very religious either. so I can say anything I want and tie it together now, blah blah blah...."
I understand your point, but do you seriously believe that some people think their religion motivates them to kill other people? I have not studied the Islamic religion, but I have heard and read that truly authentic Islamists believe their religion does not justify killing, that killing is justified by twisting the meaning of the Koran. It would seem to me that if mainstream Islamic religion does in fact advocate killing, then the entire world has some waking up to reality steps to take.

I don't know how you think, but I have always thought that psychopaths or criminals will use anything as an excuse or justification for their evil deeds. Perhaps it is even a subconscious thing to soothe their conscience for what they do, I don't know, Rockhead.
plainoldme

Reply Wed 12 Jan, 2011 11:12 am
@Rockhead,
Intellectual coming from okie -- either as a noun or adjective -- is humorous.
0 Replies

Rockhead

Reply Wed 12 Jan, 2011 11:14 am
@okie,
"do you seriously believe that some people think their religion motivates them to kill other people? I have not studied the Islamic religion, but..."

I suggest you look into the religion a bit before offering your theories on it.

just saying...
plainoldme

Reply Wed 12 Jan, 2011 11:15 am
@okie,
Quote:
I have not studied the Islamic religion

It wouldn't make a difference if you had studied it. You still wouldn't understand it because you would allow your preconceptions to stand in the way of anything you studied; because you really do not read well, and, finally, because you would select a biased-against-Muslims person to study under.
0 Replies