House of Reps. member Giffords shot in Arizona today

peter jeffrey cobb

Reply Sun 9 Jan, 2011 06:30 pm
@BillW,
2/187th Infantry from the 101st in Forth Cambell
ossobuco

Reply Sun 9 Jan, 2011 06:33 pm
@cicerone imposter,
I can see rage from being bullied a lot as a trigger, but then again, many have been bullied without becoming mass killers.
There is no mention of that in this case so far, except that dad was described as a neighborhood grouch. But grouchiness is a common trait, as we can all attest.
cicerone imposter

Reply Sun 9 Jan, 2011 06:35 pm
@ossobuco,
I understand that children who are bullied can either become violent and kill or commit suicide. Ya never know.
0 Replies

realjohnboy

Reply Sun 9 Jan, 2011 06:36 pm
Airborne. I was proudly in the 101st in VN. A portion of the 187th was adjacent to us at Camp Eagle.
I was young then.
cicerone imposter

Reply Sun 9 Jan, 2011 06:37 pm
@realjohnboy,
rjb, You were young once too! LOL Hey, you're still a young man compared to many of us real old fogies.
0 Replies

peter jeffrey cobb

Reply Sun 9 Jan, 2011 06:38 pm
@peter jeffrey cobb,
It doesnt fell right if I dont add "RAKKASANS" Smile
0 Replies

BillW

Reply Sun 9 Jan, 2011 06:40 pm
@peter jeffrey cobb,
Thanks, I was 1/7th, 3rd Brigade 1st Air Cav Division - Garry Owen

http://www.12thcav.us/images/Patch_1st_Cav.gif
peter jeffrey cobb

Reply Sun 9 Jan, 2011 06:40 pm
@realjohnboy,
Airbone!! boy this bring back some memories Smile its been 20 years ago for me Smile
BillW

Reply Sun 9 Jan, 2011 06:43 pm
@peter jeffrey cobb,
Thanks for your service. No, I wasn't Air Borne, I was Air Cav - flew around in helicopters.
peter jeffrey cobb

Reply Sun 9 Jan, 2011 06:47 pm
@BillW,
I was also with 123rd support Battalion with the 1st armored Division "old Iron side" in Germany (no longer active) I was 94b a cook back then Smile
ossobuco

Reply Sun 9 Jan, 2011 06:55 pm
@peter jeffrey cobb,
I have to check back what division my cousin's son was in. He was an army ranger that was part of the first group in (if I remember right and I think I do) in the Gulf War.
peter jeffrey cobb

Reply Sun 9 Jan, 2011 07:04 pm
@ossobuco,
Well the 101st is the largest air assault division it the world. That means they are able to move by flight and jump behind enemy lines. If he was one of the first in I would start my search there Smile Just a question out of the blue. His name wasnt sargent Day by any chance was it ?
ossobuco

Reply Sun 9 Jan, 2011 07:05 pm
@peter jeffrey cobb,
No, he was a private. It might have been the 101st. I've got to look back on some old letters... which first I have to find.
Rockhead

Reply Sun 9 Jan, 2011 07:06 pm
this is why I quit hanging out at the VFW hall...
0 Replies

BillW

Reply Sun 9 Jan, 2011 07:06 pm
@peter jeffrey cobb,
Gulf War Peter were mostly armor - they headed out of Kuwait on a flash run across the desert - if I remember correctly.
ossobuco

Reply Sun 9 Jan, 2011 07:08 pm
@BillW,
Right, I don't remember the airborne part. Flash run more like it. Was there an 83rd?
0 Replies

peter jeffrey cobb

Reply Sun 9 Jan, 2011 07:14 pm
@BillW,
Yes our objective was to free kuwait. From hostile forces. Smile Im having memories of being in the middle of a game of spade. And having the desert shake as Battalion of m1 tanks went by miles from us Smile
BillW

Reply Sun 9 Jan, 2011 07:15 pm
@peter jeffrey cobb,
On 23 February 1991, the 1st Marine Division, 2nd Marine Division, and the 1st Light Armored Infantry crossed into Kuwait and headed toward Kuwait City.

The first units to move into Iraq were three patrols of the B squadron of the British Special Air Service, call signs Bravo One Zero, Bravo Two Zero, and Bravo Three Zero, in late January.

Elements of the 2nd Brigade, 1st Cavalry Division of the U.S. Army performed a covert Reconnaissance into Iraq on 9 February 1991, followed by one in force on 20 February that destroyed an Iraqi regiment.
cicerone imposter

Reply Sun 9 Jan, 2011 07:17 pm
@BillW,
Our son served two times in the 1st Gulf War in Saudi Arabia as a Weapons Officer. He resigned from the air force after 12-years to attend the U of T at Austin.
0 Replies

peter jeffrey cobb

Reply Sun 9 Jan, 2011 07:21 pm
@BillW,
Mairines are always gona be the spear head of trop movement. Well as a main body anyways of course you have to prep the area for their entrances. Although evreyone probaly knows more than I do because yall had a broad telivised documentation of it. Smile
0 Replies