House of Reps. member Giffords shot in Arizona today

snood

Reply Sun 9 Jan, 2011 02:17 pm
@Lash,
Lash wrote:

Not one that would negate the personal responsibility of the one who did the killing...but a "Let's go kill Bob" in a public venue should bring punishment. Do you really think Sarah Palin was trying to get people to kill Democrats?

No - I wasn't saying anything even close to that. This isn't about Sarah Palin (or Keith Olbermann, who gets on my nerves too). I think I actually can agree with where you are on this - about personal responsibility. And even on the role of the tv blabbermouths. It's just not clear to me (or evidently anyone else) where the line gets crossed between acceptable inflammatory talk, and real liable provocation.
Lash

Reply Sun 9 Jan, 2011 02:17 pm
@H2O MAN,
I think when your behavior is weird enough to get you thrown out of school, the military, a job, or lead to a 911 call - it should appear on whatever the hell national record is evaluated for gun ownership. Many times, mentally ill people are NOT going to have a record...so, certainly if they DO have one - it should be seen.
BillW

Reply Sun 9 Jan, 2011 02:18 pm
@dyslexia,
we also forgot - "Get rid of Christians"! I seriously fear these people a whole, whole lot.
0 Replies

Lash

Reply Sun 9 Jan, 2011 02:19 pm
@H2O MAN,
True. But, it would have been more difficult for him.
0 Replies

H2O MAN

Reply Sun 9 Jan, 2011 02:19 pm
@dyslexia,
Wouldn't the US Postal Service be better qualified to score/evaluate these testing results?
0 Replies

H2O MAN

Reply Sun 9 Jan, 2011 02:20 pm
@Lash,
Lash wrote:

I think when your behavior is weird enough to get you thrown out of school, the military, a job, or lead to a 911 call - it should appear on whatever the hell national record is evaluated for gun ownership.

I agree.
Lash

Reply Sun 9 Jan, 2011 02:22 pm
@snood,
Free speech is pretty special to me...haha. I would only feel comfortable with direct calls to violence. Like when Malcolm said "by any means necessary," would you say that was inciting?
BillW

Reply Sun 9 Jan, 2011 02:26 pm
@H2O MAN,
Quote:
Lash wrote:

I think when your behavior is weird enough to get you thrown out of school, the military, a job, or lead to a 911 call - it should appear on whatever the hell national record is evaluated for gun ownership.

H2O wrote:

I agree.

Wow, agreement - I would say universally. Now, who is gonna regulate this - I wonder if it should be a whole new organization, or should it be the ATF, or even better - lets farm it out to the private sector. Black Water immediately comes to mind!
H2O MAN

Reply Sun 9 Jan, 2011 02:27 pm
@BillW,
BillW wrote:
Black Water immediately comes to mind!

They rejected your application, get over it!
0 Replies

BillW

Reply Sun 9 Jan, 2011 02:28 pm
@BillW,
Then again, we could just leave it up to the prep to comply and if not, give him a ticket afterwards?
0 Replies

slkshock7

Reply Sun 9 Jan, 2011 02:31 pm
@cicerone imposter,
If you insist...here's one thats even more direct....the actual politician in the crosshairs of his Democrat opponent...from Arizona, no less...

snood

Reply Sun 9 Jan, 2011 02:33 pm
@Lash,
Well, here's the whole quote:
“We declare our right on this earth to be a human being, to be respected as a human being, to be given the rights of a human being in this society, on this earth, in this day, which we intend to bring into existence by any means necessary.”

whew! You used Malcolm as an example, huh? That's valid and everything, but so hard for me to juxtapose the contexts...

Okay... I think what Malcolm said was inflammatory, and I'll even say that he probably (not just with that quote, but with his general stance that it was ok for blacks to return physical violence in kind) helped provoke a few blacks into fighting the police that were beating their heads.

But I don't think he could be held legally liable for any specific case of violence because of what he said.

For the record, he later admitted his approach wasn't the healthiest, and toned it down.

It wasn't clear in your post - do you think what he said is a direct call to violence?

How about Sharon Angle saying that "people are really looking toward those Second Amendment remedies"? How direct is that?
parados

Reply Sun 9 Jan, 2011 02:40 pm
@H2O MAN,
I think we need to make sure that all the red flags about squirt and David are known so they can't buy weapons.

Let's see..

Arguing that the constitution is being undermined without evidence to back it up - check
Making statements that seem outside reality - check.
An obsession with guns. - check

So.. using the red flag theory, squirt should not be able to purchase guns. We don't want to just brush aside and ignore the red flags, do we squirt?
parados

Reply Sun 9 Jan, 2011 02:42 pm
@dyslexia,
Quote:
in addition to getting rid of Goths, we need to add that anyone attempting to purchase a firearm must pass a Rorschach test and an MMPI (to be scored/evaluated by a clerk from the Dept of Motor Vehicles)

I think we could just give them a loaded gun and make them wait in line until the test is scored by that clerk. If they don't get upset and start shooting people, they pass.
0 Replies

cicerone imposter

Reply Sun 9 Jan, 2011 02:44 pm
@slkshock7,
Sorry but my audio doesn't work; that short video "didn't say anything" (even video-wise) on my computer. Can you post what he said?
H2O MAN

Reply Sun 9 Jan, 2011 02:45 pm
Most left wing nuts are rabid supporters of an unarmed, victim filled America... this tragedy has them foaming at the mouth.
H2O MAN

Reply Sun 9 Jan, 2011 02:46 pm
@parados,
DipShit!, it's time for your meds and a nap.
parados

Reply Sun 9 Jan, 2011 02:46 pm
@H2O MAN,
We all don't keep the same schedule as you squirt.

Although if you are taking meds, that would be another red flag.
0 Replies

BillW

Reply Sun 9 Jan, 2011 02:48 pm
@cicerone imposter,
" ........JD Hayworth is a focus of a Justice Department investigation....."

no mention of reloading or being in Palin's or his crosshairs
cicerone imposter

Reply Sun 9 Jan, 2011 02:49 pm
@BillW,
That figures. Thx.
0 Replies