I need help with a lie.

boomerang

Reply Fri 24 Dec, 2010 11:22 am
@kickycan,
Well I hope you've learned your lesson, young man.

(Just kidding. Well done. You're a good friend. Merry Christmas!)
CalamityJane

Reply Fri 24 Dec, 2010 11:40 am
Yeah kicky is a good friend, but if the other one would be a good friend,
he'll understand the sentiments kicky was making and would stay with his other friends the entire time. He has stayed already at kicky's place before, so it
would be a nice gesture on the friends' part to not inconvenience him again.

Nonetheless kicky, there are friends, and then there are friends....
sozobe

Reply Fri 24 Dec, 2010 11:50 am
Glad you came clean! Hope he's understanding.
kickycan

Reply Fri 24 Dec, 2010 12:17 pm
@Mame,
I want to help the guy out, so when he moved from NYC about four years ago after getting laid off, I told him he could stay with me if he ever needed to come up for an interview. And I don't usually mind. This arrangement has been working fine right up until now. He's come up at least four or five times before and it was never a problem.

But the last time he came was in October, and it was right when I was looking forward to a nice couple days off. I was annoyed by that but I bit my tongue and let him stay anyway. But this time I just can't do it.

kickycan

Reply Fri 24 Dec, 2010 12:18 pm
@boomerang,
boomerang wrote:

Well I hope you've learned your lesson, young man.

I have, I have!
0 Replies

kickycan

Reply Fri 24 Dec, 2010 12:33 pm
@CalamityJane,
I agree. However, he's not doing it on purpose. Still, it would be nice if he wasn't such a damn worrywart.

The part that annoyed me was that he couldn't put himself out even that little bit to just get up early, like the thousands of other people that live in New Jersey (not to mention the guy he's be staying with), and got on a train to the city. His interview is not at the crack of dawn, after all; I think it was at 10:00!

But no, that would be too much uncertainty for him. He would then have to worry that there might be a snowstorm, or the trains might be delayed, or some other fantasy nightmare scenario where he would be late for his interview.

The last time he stayed with me, he was all worried that he wouldn't get enough sleep the night before for an interview he had at THREE O'CLOCK PM the next day. He could have slept from 6:00 AM until 2:00 and still been bright-eyed and bushy-tailed, but he's a gigantic worry-wart.

I think he gets it from his mother. Talk about a bundle of nerves!
kickycan

Reply Fri 24 Dec, 2010 12:33 pm
@sozobe,
Thanks!
0 Replies

ehBeth

Reply Fri 24 Dec, 2010 02:26 pm
@kickycan,
Good for you.
0 Replies

Phoenix32890

Reply Fri 24 Dec, 2010 02:26 pm
Quote:
Oh what a tangled web we weave,
When first we practise to deceive!
Sir Walter Scott, Marmion, Canto vi. Stanza 17.

Wow, am I glad that you decided to "'fess up" and tell your friend the truth. The story was becoming more and more convoluted.

I had another thought. It is a good thing to help a friend, but since when were you running a hotel? It sounds to me that this guy thought that he had an open ended invitation to stay at your place whenever he wanted. It's O.K. in a pinch, but it looks like that guy was taking advantage of your good nature.

Anyhow, I am glad that it is all out in the open.
0 Replies

Rockhead

Reply Fri 24 Dec, 2010 02:37 pm
@kickycan,
while he is staying there, I think you should get his opinion on your shower curtain.

are you taking reservations for the spring season yet...?
shewolfnm

Reply Fri 24 Dec, 2010 03:06 pm
Right!
can i reserve a room please?
kickycan

Reply Fri 24 Dec, 2010 04:21 pm
@shewolfnm,
shewolfnm wrote:

Right!
can i reserve a room please?

You? You can stay with me anytime. I only have a studio, so if you want an actual room that's all your own, you'll have to take the bathroom. But if that's too cramped for comfortable sleep, don't worry, I'll leave a spot open on the left side of the bed for you. And if you're really nice, I'll even let you ravish my body.
kickycan

Reply Fri 24 Dec, 2010 04:22 pm
@Rockhead,
Rockhead wrote:

while he is staying there, I think you should get his opinion on your shower curtain.

are you taking reservations for the spring season yet...?

Sorry, hot babes only from this point forward. I'm taking a stand!
0 Replies

ossobuco

Reply Fri 24 Dec, 2010 05:29 pm
@kickycan,
Don't foster this, schmucko.
Do I need to add, hi, kicky?

Actually, I can understand him and you, but man, you need to draw a line. Otherwise you are pumping insanity, which is not good for him either, and for you is major stupid.
0 Replies

Ragman

Reply Fri 24 Dec, 2010 06:57 pm
@kickycan,
You could explain how you've been yearning for him to stay over and how you find him strangely attractive, right? Mr. Green
0 Replies

dlowan

Reply Fri 24 Dec, 2010 09:06 pm
@spidergal,
Honey, I have a million ...all well tested and researched.... that I can help others with.

On me they don't work so well.

0 Replies

dlowan

Reply Fri 24 Dec, 2010 09:18 pm
@kickycan,
Well done Kicky!!!!!
0 Replies

nickv4

Reply Fri 24 Dec, 2010 09:29 pm
@kickycan,
tell him **** no, i don't want you at my house my family is over and they are there for a one on one family time and thats that.
0 Replies

Ragman

Reply Fri 24 Dec, 2010 09:56 pm
@kickycan,
good job!
0 Replies

Chumly

Reply Sat 25 Dec, 2010 09:14 am
Lying is for wimps...man-up!
0 Replies