I need help with a lie.

kickycan

Reply Thu 23 Dec, 2010 11:19 pm
@Rockhead,
Rockhead wrote:

wear a pope hat...

(the beanie one, the big one would just look silly unless you went formal)

Aw, I like the big pointy one better!
Rockhead

Reply Thu 23 Dec, 2010 11:20 pm
@kickycan,
only you know if you can pull it off.

takes some fashion sense.

good luck my friend...
0 Replies

CalamityJane

Reply Thu 23 Dec, 2010 11:42 pm
@kickycan,
kickycan wrote:
I wish I was as skilled a liar as it would take to pull that one off! Could you pull that off? What's the biggest lie you've ever gotten away with?

Kicky, I've had so many people stay at my house that I was looking for the
hidden "hotel sign" that surely was planted somewhere. Then I got fed up
and now if people want to stay at my house I tell them that I wish I could
have them but I can't (no other explanation needed). I am happy to make reservations for them in a nice little reasonable hotel close by, but that's the extend of it.

My biggest lie? Hm, I don't think I have had one....small little ones to make
ones life easier, yes, no problem there....
0 Replies

dlowan

Reply Thu 23 Dec, 2010 11:42 pm
@kickycan,
Did the video cheer you up or were you disgusted?
shewolfnm

Reply Thu 23 Dec, 2010 11:46 pm
@kickycan,
ha.

you describe me to the T

i suck on my toes daily because of it too.
0 Replies

laughoutlood

Reply Fri 24 Dec, 2010 03:43 am
@kickycan,
tell him yeah i 'll be back on the 27 th to see you that night
0 Replies

spidergal

Reply Fri 24 Dec, 2010 04:57 am
Quote:
and I've freaked out all day for nothing, which is becoming quite the disturbing little personality trait of mine lately. I react first, think later. I need to stop that **** and not be so damn reactionary.

Sounds just like what I've been like of late.

Anyway, good luck with this situation, Kicky!
dlowan

Reply Fri 24 Dec, 2010 07:39 am
@spidergal,
spidergal wrote:

Quote:
and I've freaked out all day for nothing, which is becoming quite the disturbing little personality trait of mine lately. I react first, think later. I need to stop that **** and not be so damn reactionary.

Sounds just like what I've been like of late.

Anyway, good luck with this situation, Kicky!

Goodness, me as well.

Is there some **** on the moon?
spidergal

Reply Fri 24 Dec, 2010 07:45 am
@dlowan,
Let's do something about it, dlowan. It's the new year and all.
edgarblythe

Reply Fri 24 Dec, 2010 07:54 am
Too late to tell him the place is infested with bedbugs. Razz
0 Replies

chai2

Reply Fri 24 Dec, 2010 08:36 am
@Izzie,
I'm sure your friend is a great guy and all, but I'm looking at it like he's being a little pushy, and/or dense, maybe on purpose.

Lesson learned for if/when this happens again...don't make your lies too specific, or make them not lies at all by being very general.

I know what it's like to be caught off guard with a request from a friend, but for the next time you really can't accomodate him, just say "Ah man, I'm sorry, but I just have too much **** going on that week." Then stop talking. Let him be the one to ask why, eventually making himself uncomfortable as he realizes he's pushing you. Not in a mean way of not talking, just being general in your answers to make him realize eventually he really isn't owed an explanation how how you need to schedule your life.

After saying "I've got too much going on that week" he'll say "I won't get in the way, just pretend I'm not there." Say "****, I'm sorry, I just can't this time, it's complicated" If he keeps pushing, be more hesitant before answering. He says "why, what's going on?" say "ahh......(long pause)....it's just not a good week to be here."

For the current situation, I'd use the same for damage control. He's found a place to stay in NJ for his stay, it's not your problem he'll have to get up early to make it into the city that one day. He can think of ways to help himself without you. He can call the place he's going to interview and ask if he can make it another time, later in the day. Or, he can ******* suck it up and get an early train into the city.
That would be the critical point for me, as the reluctant host. Either I have to give up and entire day and night of my needed alone time, which is going to **** up my next day probably, since it takes me time to get into the totally vegging out, taking care of myself thing, or he can deal with it and get up extra early for HIS job interview.
You said he Really doesn't want to have to have to come all the way from Jersey into the city.
Well, you REALLY don't want want anyone (not just him) messing with your "me time"

I'd just be general with him, repeating variations of "it's just a bad time", and if he keeps asking why, sound more and more uncomfortable over the fact your even being asked about it.
In fact, I might even work that uncomfortable thing into the conversation. "um....you know Gary.....I'm getting uncomfortable talking about this. The next time you're up here from Fla, we'll go out, we'll talk about it...but it's just not a good time now"

The next time he comes up from Fla, he probably won't even think about asking you, and if he does, you can tell him "I just didn't want anyone around then". He'll call you a douchebag, you'll call him a dickhead, and you'll have another beer.

dlowan

Reply Fri 24 Dec, 2010 09:03 am
@spidergal,
Got anything special in mind?
chai2

Reply Fri 24 Dec, 2010 09:04 am
I'd just like to mention that shewolfs new picture is absolutely HOT!
spidergal

Reply Fri 24 Dec, 2010 09:23 am
@dlowan,
Not anything as such, but I'll think about it. I need to get in control of my nerves. How I freaked out when I heard my crush went out for a meal with a friend of mine! I freaked out so much, dlowan - I couldn't sleep an entire night.

Now my crush and I are on such good talking terms (I suspect he might even like me!) that I think freaking out totally unecessary. He's just a nice person who likes to be friends with nice people.

You got any ideas?

spidergal

Reply Fri 24 Dec, 2010 09:24 am
@chai2,
Agree Chai - I didn't know shewolf was such a HOTTIE!
0 Replies

shewolfnm

Reply Fri 24 Dec, 2010 09:47 am
ha.
Thank you :0)

i forget.. it has been a LONG time since we have seen each other. Yet we only live a few minutes away.
I 'happily' look totally different now.
0 Replies

DrewDad

Reply Fri 24 Dec, 2010 09:56 am
Get a hotel room for Monday night, and take your cat.

Friend stays at your apartment on Monday, calls you and says, "Hey! no friend, no cat!"

You tell him, "Fifi had to be put down at the shelter... you should really consider a rabies vaccine, since you shared an environment with her."
0 Replies

kickycan

Reply Fri 24 Dec, 2010 10:56 am
@dlowan,
Definitely cheered up. I sent you an IM response. Didn't you get it?
0 Replies

kickycan

Reply Fri 24 Dec, 2010 11:15 am
@chai2,
chai2 wrote:

I'm sure your friend is a great guy and all, but I'm looking at it like he's being a little pushy, and/or dense, maybe on purpose.

I'm going with dense. Yeah, that's definitely it.

It's all over now though. I just e-mailed him and told him the truth. I told him that I lied because I didn't want him to think that he wasn't welcome in the future, but that this time I just really need some time to myself to recharge and get ready to go back to the grind of work. I don't even know if that makes sense, but I think he'll be okay with that.

I also told him that he could stay with me for the two first days of his trip, but I would really appreciate it if he stays with his other friends for the rest of the trip. Which still sucks, because it means that I'll already have a house guest in my apartment waiting for me when I get home, but I can live with that, as long as he's out of there by Wednesday, so at least I get a few days to chillax.

What a pain!

Mame

Reply Fri 24 Dec, 2010 11:22 am
@kickycan,
Good for you, kicky. What started this understanding you have with him staying with you for interviews, anyway? (and what were you thinking?!)