Should I Be Worried?

Reply Sun 13 Sep, 2020 02:38 am
I met this really great guy in April, and we hit it off well. When we met he asked was I talking to anyone else, which I ended up lying to him. But eventually I was honest with him, and he was hurt and upset and stopped talking to me. He even changed his number, and didn’t give it to me. Now it’s months later, and he’s contacted me through Facebook, which I find weird due to him telling me he doesnt do social media. Despite him choosing to contact me this way, I really am just happy to reconnect with him, but I couldn’t help but to notice his Facebook friends are all female. With that in mind, plus all the time we went without talking, I can’t help but wonder has he been or is seeing someone else; especially since lately we only talk once I get off work in the morning. Before we would talk all day. I know we said we would take things slow, but I don’t want to invest my time into seeing where this would go to only be hurt. I’ve grown to care for him very much, and I don’t want to get my feelings any more involved then they already are. Am I overreacting or should I be worried?
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Question • Score: 0 • Views: 1,939 • Replies: 2
No top replies

jespah

Reply Sun 13 Sep, 2020 09:10 am
@snickerscndybar,
You need to step back. It's been 5 months at most, and a good month of that was no contact, so we are talking about more like 4.

You aren't in a relationship, not really. You're figuring things out. This means that he can see other people all he wants to.

And so can you.

So do so.

Cast your net more widely. Will things work out with this particular guy? Helfino. But if you have more options, you won't be desperate, you won't settle, and you won't be trying to read the tea leaves on every single little move he makes.
0 Replies

Teufel

Reply Sun 13 Sep, 2020 12:49 pm
@snickerscndybar,
So you lied to him. Now however you are worried about ... you.

There is a real 'you' theme with yourself it seems.

Do this guy a really huge favour and do not talk to him.

You won't be lonely, not ever; not while you have yourself.
0 Replies