How soon can you fart in the presence of your new partner?

FBM

Reply Mon 13 Dec, 2010 07:20 am
I'm pretty hesitant. It usually takes weeks or months before I'll let one rip in the presence of my loved one. Once I do, however, it's a great boost to both me and the level of honesty in our relationship. (Not so much to the loved one, though.)

And you?
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 20 • Views: 8,110 • Replies: 88

Ragman

Reply Mon 13 Dec, 2010 07:22 am
@FBM,
Any time after you have had the first kiss, but never in the presence of her parents unless they fart first.
0 Replies

spidergal

Reply Mon 13 Dec, 2010 07:30 am
As a serial farter, I'm very interested to know how others get their way around this tricky issue.
Setanta

Reply Mon 13 Dec, 2010 07:42 am
I don't fart, period. Never have, never will.

Incidentally, i never lie, either.
spidergal

Reply Mon 13 Dec, 2010 07:43 am
@Setanta,
You're either genetically blessed or you take really good care of your diet.

0 Replies

failures art

Reply Mon 13 Dec, 2010 07:49 am
I let her do it first, then when I have to fart I insist I'm just doing an impression of her.

A
R
T
FBM

Reply Mon 13 Dec, 2010 08:01 am
@failures art,
failures art wrote:

I let her do it first, then when I have to fart I insist I'm just doing an impression of her.

A
R
T

Ah. I gotta use this one. Cool
0 Replies

djjd62

Reply Mon 13 Dec, 2010 08:05 am
get a dog

<sniff> <sniff>

bad dog
0 Replies

PUNKEY

Reply Mon 13 Dec, 2010 08:23 am
Tricky question.

I have always thought that there were two schools of thought about this:
1) I love you so much and you are my best friend, so I feel comfortable enough to be able to pass gas in front of you without you thinking less of me.
2) It is what it is. I can't care that much about you when my body needs to do this. Me first. Take that or leave it.

Having said that, it is always best to try to leave the room.

I don't drink soda pop because it gives me gas. I drank pop one night, then my friend grabbed me around the waist. Of course, I farted! He thought it was hilarious and said, "that's my girl" Somehow I became more human doing this in front of him. I still was horrified. He has farted in front of me, but it is always during an outside walk or he goes in the bathroom.

Men see this issue much differently than women, IMHO.

I can't believe I have so much to say about this . . .

spidergal

Reply Mon 13 Dec, 2010 08:33 am
@PUNKEY,
Very insightful, Punkey. I really think leaving the room is the best course of action here.
0 Replies

FBM

Reply Mon 13 Dec, 2010 08:34 am
@PUNKEY,
I immediately gain great respect for a girl/woman who farts first. Problem is, I'm not sure that the same is true in reverse. Like you said, men and women see this differently.

So...women...do you lose or gain respect for a man who farts first? Does the context matter? If so, how, exactly? This has been perplexing me for years... Sad
jespah

Reply Mon 13 Dec, 2010 08:42 am
@FBM,
Hmm RP and I have been together coming up on 22 years. I can't remember who cut one first, or the implications thereof.

We're having bean soup this week. Draw your own conclusions.
dyslexia

Reply Mon 13 Dec, 2010 08:47 am
Lady Diane farts.
0 Replies

Phoenix32890

Reply Mon 13 Dec, 2010 08:49 am
I cannot imagine being able to control a fart. If someone discovered how, he could write a book about it, and make a fortune.

As for me, when I cut one, I just look around as if nothing happened.
0 Replies

PUNKEY

Reply Mon 13 Dec, 2010 08:52 am
for some reason, some women take this personally.

They don't like casual talk about belches, farts, talking about the penis, body functions, etc. See it as "too familiar or rude."

Like I said, it's a male/female thing. You just need to know this. Error on the side of descretion.

And that includes pulling the blanket over her head and letting one rip. Don't even . . .
George

Reply Mon 13 Dec, 2010 08:53 am
As soon as possible

If you love someone, fart in her presence.
If she leaves, she was never really yours.
If she stays, love her forever.
Ragman

Reply Mon 13 Dec, 2010 09:12 am
@George,
He who smelt it, dealt it!
Mr. Green
0 Replies

boomerang

Reply Mon 13 Dec, 2010 09:17 am
I say wait for the other person to fart first and then you say "And I really like you too!"

And then they say "What!?"

And then you say "Well, you're comfortable enough to fart around me. That must mean you like me. I like you too!"

And then you fart.

Then farting can become your inside joke about liking each other. You'll never have to say it again. You just fart at each other.

And then you can live happily ever after.

(But I don't think I want to go to your wedding unless you're hading out clothespins to stick on noses.)
0 Replies

FBM

Reply Mon 13 Dec, 2010 10:10 am
@PUNKEY,
PUNKEY wrote:

for some reason, some women take this personally.

They don't like casual talk about belches, farts, talking about the penis, body functions, etc. See it as "too familiar or rude."

Like I said, it's a male/female thing. You just need to know this. Error on the side of descretion.

And that includes pulling the blanket over her head and letting one rip. Don't even . . .

The Dutch Oven is a test of true love...hee hee....
FBM

Reply Mon 13 Dec, 2010 10:14 am
@jespah,
jespah wrote:

Hmm RP and I have been together coming up on 22 years. I can't remember who cut one first, or the implications thereof.

We're having bean soup this week. Draw your own conclusions.

That's really cool. I long for that kind of relationship. As far as your bean soup goes, unless you're in South Korea, I'll be drawing my conclusions from a very safe olfactory distance. Mr. Green