0 Replies

Ceili

Reply Mon 13 Dec, 2010 04:35 pm
No, politics.
0 Replies

JTT

Reply Mon 13 Dec, 2010 04:35 pm
@dyslexia,
No, Dys, it's about cow barning as an effective tool in debate.
0 Replies

dyslexia

Reply Mon 13 Dec, 2010 04:38 pm
OK, just curious, I don't know nothing about farming.
mysteryman

Reply Mon 13 Dec, 2010 04:41 pm
@dyslexia,
I dont know nothing about birthing no babies!!!
JTT

Reply Mon 13 Dec, 2010 05:17 pm
@mysteryman,
Dys: I don't know nothing about farming.

MM: I dont know nothing about birthing no babies!!!

It is my understanding that Dys knows about faming and MM knows about delivering babies.
0 Replies

parados

Reply Mon 13 Dec, 2010 05:26 pm
@dyslexia,
dyslexia wrote:

Is this thread about farming?

It's about mining.

Dig the humor.
0 Replies

okie

Reply Mon 13 Dec, 2010 07:07 pm
@dyslexia,
dyslexia wrote:
Is this thread about farming?
Its about the diminishing credibility of parados, assuming he ever had any.
Rockhead

Reply Mon 13 Dec, 2010 07:35 pm
@okie,
I'm confused, okie.

are you the pot or the kettle here...?
parados

Reply Tue 14 Dec, 2010 07:28 am
@Rockhead,
Shouldn't it be the difference between a cow barn or a large shed that houses cows?

Or in the case of okie, you could compare cows to horses and he would think they are the same thing.
JTT

Reply Tue 14 Dec, 2010 12:44 pm
@parados,
Why you are going to such lengths to prove that you are every bit as ignorant as you claim Okie to be is beyond me, Parados.
parados

Reply Wed 15 Dec, 2010 09:45 am
@JTT,
I've gone past that JTT. I'm now trying to prove I am as ignorant as you are. Wink
okie

Reply Wed 15 Dec, 2010 09:20 pm
@parados,
parados wrote:
I've gone past that JTT. I'm now trying to prove I am as ignorant as you are. Wink
You might give him a run for his money, parados, but I doubt you will ever prove as ignorant. For one reason, I doubt JTT ever knew how to milk cows when he was 7 years old, and I doubt he had a clue how to bale hay at the age of 8 like you did. I admit he could have learned much since then, and you could have forgotten much too, but it would have to be a complete turnaround for you to be as ignorant as JTT, at least when it comes to farming.
farmerman

Reply Thu 16 Dec, 2010 05:13 am
@okie,
I have to challenge parados about his milking and baling at those ages. Was his family part of the Hutterites? They dont seem to care for their kids safety either.

"Baling" as a kid is like me saying I fixed a flat at 8. Actually My dad let me hold the lug nuts and I didnt lose any or say "OHH FUUUUUDGE".

A baler is a widowmaker and having an 8 year old pulling a baler in field far from help is ridiculous and Im gonna say hes stretching the truth on that.

Maybe he was sitting in the cab with his dad but I dont think he baled hay by hisself.

Ive heard of 60 year olds getting their arms torn off by errant balers. I heard of a guy who got killed by his baler when he got caught in the intake .

I wonder what kind of baler it ws and what kind of opeeration it was (Ground drive ;PTO ; Hydraulic /PTO??)
parados

Reply Thu 16 Dec, 2010 07:01 am
@okie,
And again, you misrepresent what I have said okie. You seem to do that a lot.

For someone that whines so much when you think others misrepresent what you said, you sure do a lot of misrepresenting what others said.

Don't you think you should apologize okie?
parados

Reply Thu 16 Dec, 2010 07:08 am
@farmerman,
I wouldn't let an 8 year old go bale hay by himself either fm. But then I never said I baled hay at 8, let alone baled it by myself at that age.
0 Replies

dyslexia

Reply Thu 16 Dec, 2010 04:30 pm
There ain't hardly no hay lofts built these days that don't have a barn under them.
Rockhead

Reply Thu 16 Dec, 2010 05:21 pm
@dyslexia,
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EBWfBqRDbrM
0 Replies

okie

Reply Thu 16 Dec, 2010 07:07 pm
@farmerman,
farmerman wrote:

I have to challenge parados about his milking and baling at those ages. Was his family part of the Hutterites? They dont seem to care for their kids safety either.
"Baling" as a kid is like me saying I fixed a flat at 8. Actually My dad let me hold the lug nuts and I didnt lose any or say "OHH FUUUUUDGE".
A baler is a widowmaker and having an 8 year old pulling a baler in field far from help is ridiculous and Im gonna say hes stretching the truth on that.
Maybe he was sitting in the cab with his dad but I dont think he baled hay by hisself.
Ive heard of 60 year olds getting their arms torn off by errant balers. I heard of a guy who got killed by his baler when he got caught in the intake .
I wonder what kind of baler it ws and what kind of opeeration it was (Ground drive ;PTO ; Hydraulic /PTO??)
I agree with you, farmer. I see parados has challenged me on him and his brother baling hay 8 and 10 years old, and so I had to go and dredge up the original quote, which indicates I was off by a year. I don't see much difference really, as who would let their kid bale hay at 9 either, farmer? Here is the quote from here: http://able2know.org/topic/71145-1855#post-4414176
parados wrote:
Like I thought okie. You lived in the country as a kid. You didn't learn to drive the tractor until you were 12? By 12 most farm kids I knew were already driving on the road with tractors or grain trucks. At 14, we were licensed to drive roads in South Dakota from sun up to sun down. Every farm kid had his permit at 14. My older brother and I were baling hay when we were 9 and 10. One driving the tractor and the other stacking bales.
And just so parados does not forget his other claims about milking cows, etc., here they are from here: http://able2know.org/topic/71145-1855#post-4413425
parados wrote:
I grew up on a farm that DID have cows and a barn. I milked cows twice a day from the age of 7 to about 16. I planted corn, wheat and baled hay. Which of those did you do on the farm you grew up on?