How old were you the first time you smoked pot?

Tue 28 Sep, 2010 07:21 pm
I was probably about 12.
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Question • Score: 40 • Views: 23,697 • Replies: 339
Topic Closed

View best answer, chosen by boomerang
edgarblythe

Tue 28 Sep, 2010 07:29 pm
30, my dears.
0 Replies

LionTamerX

Tue 28 Sep, 2010 07:32 pm
I was 10. I smoked it, on and off for around 5 years and quit it for good when I was 16.
0 Replies

Green Witch

Tue 28 Sep, 2010 07:33 pm
@boomerang,
Never. Really. The thought of inhaling smoke of any kind makes me gag. However, I don't care if they legalize it. If people want to do it in their home it's fine with me, just don't drive while under the influence. I would like to see them tax it and have the money go to health care. There is evidence it can trigger brain cancer in older people, especially if they smoked a lot when they were young. However, a lot of legal things can give you cancer, so we might as well tax it and have it contribute to the tax system instead of deplete it. I pretty much feel this way about all illegal drugs.
littlek

Tue 28 Sep, 2010 07:38 pm
I tried it in my early teens. I don't know when exactly (grade 8 or 9). I didn't like it. I tried a couple times after that at different ages and still didn't like it.
0 Replies

boomerang

Tue 28 Sep, 2010 07:38 pm
My experience was kind of like Lion Tamer's (where have you been, anyway?).

I never really got the thrill of it.
0 Replies

dyslexia

Tue 28 Sep, 2010 07:40 pm
16 but it was just a gateway drug for me as I went straight from that first joint to shooting heroin.
0 Replies

boomerang

Tue 28 Sep, 2010 07:41 pm
I don't think I've smoked any in the last 30 years but maybe once or twice, just to be polite.

I have a friend who has a medical marajuana card and I've had a few contact highs when she's been around.

I think if I started now I would really like it.
0 Replies

edgarblythe

Tue 28 Sep, 2010 07:41 pm
I only tried it about four times. It was not for me.
chai2

Tue 28 Sep, 2010 07:47 pm
I was 16 too.
0 Replies

Merry Andrew

Tue 28 Sep, 2010 07:52 pm
Don't know how old I was but I was certainly over 21, junior or senior at university. Street drugs just weren't easily available to kids when I was a teen-ager. We were forced to get drunk instead. Beer and booze were easy to come by, no matter what your age, but anything more serious was the kind of thing you heard about but nobody knew where to get it. I was already an alcoholic by the time I was offered a hit on my first joint at a party. Since I was already half in the bag, it didn't do that much for me and I never got hooked on it. To this day I associate grass wth booze and I know that if I were to spark up a joint now, it would lead me right back to ol' John Barleycorn, a fellow I've shunned for 15 years now, come this Thursday.
boomerang

Tue 28 Sep, 2010 07:56 pm
@Merry Andrew,
Happy anniversary!
boomerang

Tue 28 Sep, 2010 07:59 pm
Unlike dys, pot was not a gateway for me although I enjoyed a few science projects.

I could have had a relationship with a few of them.

I was 12 in 1972 and you couldn't walk down the street without running into someone wanting to sell you pot.

I think they called it "a lid" back then.

What the heck does that mean? A lid?
eoe

Tue 28 Sep, 2010 08:04 pm
I was 17 when I first smoked.
What in the heck DOES 'a lid' mean?
0 Replies

LionTamerX

Tue 28 Sep, 2010 08:06 pm
@boomerang,
A lid was what they used to call an ounce. Dunno why.
dadpad

Tue 28 Sep, 2010 08:07 pm
17 or 18 i think,.....

....but i didnt inhale. Wink

Sex was a far higher priority and a better high.
Mind you, later on, being stoned and having sex at the same time is pretty hard to beat.
0 Replies

eoe

Tue 28 Sep, 2010 08:07 pm
@LionTamerX,
But why did the call it a lid?
0 Replies

hawkeye10

Tue 28 Sep, 2010 08:54 pm
I was 16, and outside of a line of coke I did not do any other drugs till 19. between 19 and 23 I was doing pot most days, and some days hash, coke or acid. I think that I would have really liked Ecstasy but I stopped doing drugs just when it was getting into my area.... my wife does not like drugs.
hawkeye10

Tue 28 Sep, 2010 08:55 pm
@hawkeye10,
Quote:
a lid, a baggie, an ounce
The term 'lid' of marijuana goes back to the 60's. Back then you could buy a 'lid' or a 'can' of pot. The can was aproximatley 1 oz, the lid was1/8 oz. The term came from the practice of breaking up a brick (a kilo or later a key) of tightly packed marjijuana and storing and selling it in Price Albert tobacco cans. A can held aproximatley one ounce. the lid would hold aproximatley1/8 oz. No one weighed it really, it was all done by eye. By the time I was in high school in the early 70's the term can had gone away and the term lid referred to an ounce. The term nickel or dime bag was still used in the 70s too. But by that time the amount of pot in the nickel ($5) or dime ($10) would vary - though the price was still $5 or $10. But if you bought a 'baggie', it would contain an ounce and the price would vary. In the 60's a bag was a bag was a can was an ounce and the price for the ounce was 5 or 10 depending on quality. I don't know if there were 7 dollar bags or 8 dollar bags. Yeah so o buy some okay.
http://wiki.answers.com/Q/Where_did_the_phrase_lid_of_marijuana_originate

In the 80's we would also by QP's, or quarter pounds.
Reyn

Tue 28 Sep, 2010 09:01 pm
@Green Witch,
Green Witch wrote:

Never. Really. The thought of inhaling smoke of any kind makes me gag.

Same here. Never tried it, not in any way interested. I hate smoke of any kind.
0 Replies