How old were you the first time you smoked pot?

Gargamel

Mon 18 Oct, 2010 07:55 pm
@Ionus,
"Don't ever leave me, Mr. McButtons. You're my only friend. Would you like a glass of warm milk? Perhaps we could play Chinese checkers while we drink it. Oh, goodie!"
Pemerson

Mon 18 Oct, 2010 08:17 pm
I'll answer here, since I haven't. I took one puff of pot at age 40. Tasted like poop.

Straight through the 60's we went to huge cocktail parties where everyone got a little high, or drunk. So, who needed marijuana? I did crazy things on three drinks.

My kids smoked pot and I wasn't about to join them. Oldest son used drugs (what kind, I don't know) until employers began the drug testing. The youngest quit when he took up skiing in high school. Good thing, imagine flipping head over heels down a snowy mountain with booze or pot inside.

One year, when youngest was about 14, it was autumn and the leaves fell. Sitting at the tip-top of this backyard tree was a pot from which a marijuana plant was growing. Sometimes, those days were very funny. I felt sorry, though, for the mothers of the first pot smokers. They didn't have a clue about anything. Never would have believed their daughters were having sex behind the bushes at the school bus stop.

ossobuco

Mon 18 Oct, 2010 08:31 pm
@Ionus,
Hey, Ionus. You peg Gargamel incorrectly, which makes you sound stupid.
Gargamel

Mon 18 Oct, 2010 08:53 pm
@ossobuco,
Except the part where my mind is "off doing wondrous things," of course.
ossobuco

Mon 18 Oct, 2010 08:54 pm
@Gargamel,
Sure.
0 Replies

Ionus

Tue 19 Oct, 2010 06:25 pm
@Gargamel,
Quote:
"Don't ever leave me, Mr. McButtons. You're my only friend. Would you like a glass of warm milk? Perhaps we could play Chinese checkers while we drink it. Oh, goodie!"
Spoken whilst on drugs, no doubt and you cant see anything wrong with drugs ? Are you too far gone for the Betty Ford Clinic ?
0 Replies

Ionus

Tue 19 Oct, 2010 06:27 pm
@ossobuco,
Quote:
You peg Gargamel incorrectly
Wouldnt it have made more sense to include why ? It just makes you sound stupid otherwise.
0 Replies

boomerang

Tue 19 Oct, 2010 06:41 pm
Reading this thread with Ionus on ignore is totally trippy, man.
edgarblythe

Tue 19 Oct, 2010 06:47 pm
@boomerang,
boomerang wrote:

You said it.
boomerang

Tue 19 Oct, 2010 06:48 pm
Oh! A recent funny pot story....

I was out in the yard playing with my dog and I had on shoes that were not my trademark shoes. My neighbor friend asked me what was wrong and I told her that I had hurt my foot and that the doctor had put the kibosh on my regular shoes for a bit. I complained that taking so much (the recommended dosage) of motrin was making me sicker than not being able to wear my shoes.

She said "Well if you want some pot stop by and I'll give you some."

She's 70!

I was all like "Isn't your daughter a cop!?"

She said "Yes. But I have a perscription..... I once got a perscription to have a swimming pool dug at my house.... the insurance paid for everything... you can get a perscription for whatever you want, all you have to do is ask."

I live in the best neighborhood ever!
Cycloptichorn

Tue 19 Oct, 2010 06:50 pm
@boomerang,
I hope you took her up on it. Wouldn't want to disappoint an old lady.

Cycloptichorn
boomerang

Tue 19 Oct, 2010 06:55 pm
@Cycloptichorn,
I didn't.

But I'd consider getting high again if she'd get high with me!

Honestly, you don't need to be high to enjoy this woman. She is one of my favorite people. She has had the most incredible life and she's absolutely hilarious. I want to be her when I grow up.
0 Replies

Thomas

Tue 19 Oct, 2010 07:03 pm
@boomerang,
The first time I smoked pot, I was 19, freshly drafted into the German army, and bored to death from the life of brainless drudgery so typical for us draftees. I needed an alternative to getting drunk on beer every evening, so I tried pot instead. Unfortunately, that offered no relief: my pot high feels just the same as getting drunk to me. Because drinking was legal and pot was not, I stuck with drinking. I gained 30 lb during my 15 months in the army. And I'm lucky I didn't turn into an alcoholic. Compulsory service sucks.
0 Replies

hingehead

Tue 19 Oct, 2010 08:09 pm
@boomerang,
Quote:

I've said it before, but when someone replies to him it's like I get a little whiff of overused kitty litter, but it doesn't last.
Ionus

Tue 19 Oct, 2010 10:48 pm
@boomerang,
Quote:
Glad to see drugs are rotting your brain.
Ionus

Tue 19 Oct, 2010 10:49 pm
@edgarblythe,
Quote:
You said it.
The prose, the wit, the independent thinking.....mister edd you are a credit to the horse race, not the human race.
0 Replies

Ionus

Tue 19 Oct, 2010 10:51 pm
@hingehead,
Quote:
I've said it before,
Yeah, flashbacks are a bitch arent they ? Get the feeling no-one thought much of it the first time around ?
0 Replies

Cycloptichorn

Wed 20 Oct, 2010 09:29 am
Gotta love this thread for it's ability to reflect real life - three pages of interesting discussion about Pot, and ten pages of a straightedge square spouting off about what a douchebag he is.

Cycloptichorn
eoe

Wed 20 Oct, 2010 12:06 pm
@Cycloptichorn,
I don't understand the venom and anger. Over what?
0 Replies

Robert Gentel

Wed 20 Oct, 2010 01:39 pm
@Ionus,
Ionus wrote:
Glad to see drugs are rotting your brain.

Even after doing 5 fatties plenty of folks here who smoke would smoke you on an IQ test next. Marijuana is just not the brain rot you seem to think it is ("reefer madness!"), and having a brain to begin with makes a much larger difference.