Time for a slide show re marijuana & people who have seemed pro

Reply Sun 10 May, 2015 08:31 pm
http://blog.seattlepi.com/marijuana/2015/05/10/morgan-freeman-only-pot-cures-my-pain/#14898101=0

There are something like 27 slides and explanatory captions of interest, Morgan among them.

Me, I smoked with friends at ordinary gatherings in the late sixties and early seventies but was never interested enough to actually buy any of my own. I remember those times fondly. Except for when my dog ate the remains of a lid that my business partner's boyfriend had in their room. That was worrisome.
Actually, that was SandPaw, dog of my present avatar. He recovered.

So, me, I've been mj-less for decades but I can envision needing the healing qualities of special brownies as I advance in age.

In my case, if so, I'd like my own plant, gardener that I have been. Nobody seems to be talking about the ok-ness of that.
I'm also unhappy with the water usage of forest growers in general in what I've read about growing in California, although I have also read some are careful re that.

Your opinions re legalization? re the slide show?

Edit to add that I tried to copy some comments to show here but was unable to snag quotes.
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 2 • Views: 1,457 • Replies: 1
No top replies

ossobuco

Reply Sun 10 May, 2015 10:39 pm
@ossobuco,
Also interesting, from a newspaper where I have gotten some sense of the culture before:
http://www.northcoastjournal.com/humboldt/growing-the-machine/Content?oid=2883493
It's, to me, been an interesting newspaper over the years, and certainly not all about this stuff. But this article is apropo:

Growing the Machine
The local marijuana industry has united. Now comes the hard part.
BY THADEUS GREENSON
http://www.northcoastjournal.com/imager/b/magnum/2883494/7a79/NEWS1-magnum.jpg

I lived in Eureka for six some years, and I'm not very knowledgeable since I was interested in other matters. I'm not against, more pro, re legalizing, with some qualms re other stuff.

Seems a little late now re dealing with the matter of prohibition, which we have been through before, and should have learned from. There has long been a live underground growth industry, causing other industry.

I read an article about a guy who lived a few blocks from me when I lived in Venice, some kind of kingpin of the whole state or beyond. That might have been in the New Yorker, let's say three years ago.

Hard to bring all this to the same as selling nuts in the grocery store, but there are similarities, except for the giant complications of prohibition.
0 Replies