How old were you the first time you smoked pot?

Mame

Tue 28 Sep, 2010 09:02 pm
@hawkeye10,
I have never bought pot and I hate the smell of it, much less the stupor it induced in me.
0 Replies

Eva

Tue 28 Sep, 2010 09:07 pm
I felt the same way, Reyn. Never tried it or any other drugs. Never interested.
Wasn't my vice of choice.
dyslexia

Tue 28 Sep, 2010 09:10 pm
truthiness=I've never been a pot smoker although I tried it a few times in the 60's.
boomerang

Tue 28 Sep, 2010 09:25 pm
"Tried it" I think is key.

I can't imagine being so incurious that I didn't try things. At least related type things.

I mean... I've tried pot but I've never tried meth.

I've tried geometry but I've never tried calculus.

I've tried gardening but I've never tried farming.

In all cases it was probably because the easier, gateway stuff wasn't all that interesting.
boomerang

Tue 28 Sep, 2010 09:26 pm
@dyslexia,
You strike me as a tryer but not a doer of such things.
0 Replies

dyslexia

Tue 28 Sep, 2010 09:29 pm
@boomerang,
when I was in southeast indo-china I tried/used opium, mmmmeeeelllllllooooooooooooooooooo. never used it in the USA.
boomerang

Tue 28 Sep, 2010 09:37 pm
@dyslexia,
I'm a big believer in trying things.

Sometimes I fail. I failed as a pot smoker. But at least I tried.
0 Replies

Gargamel

Tue 28 Sep, 2010 09:47 pm
Tried it when I was 16, loved it, still love it. The smell, the feeling--pretty much everything listed as a dislike in the above posts, I love.

Unfortunately I am not so high functioning while stoned. I just play records and look at people through the window for hours, like a weirdo. Whereas my preference is to read and write and get things done. Also, I'm 31. Therefore I buy a bag but once a year, around the height of summer. It lasts a few weeks. Then I'm good for another eleven months.

Though there was the obligatory smoking throughout my bachelor party last Saturday. And on Sunday, the first crisp autumn day of the year, my best man and I smoked the leftovers on the huge lawn outside the Museum of Science and Industry before heading in to check out the new Muppet exhibit. It would have been an amazing day without drugs, duh, but that joint certainly lent the afternoon a welcome accent.
boomerang

Tue 28 Sep, 2010 10:00 pm
@Gargamel,
Oh my! The wedding! When is it?

Chicago, right? I used to live a block from the Museum of S.& I. What's the next street over towards the University? That's where I lived. The museum was across the tracks that ran through my backyard.

Is Medici pizza still there?

<sigh>

Now I kind wanna get stoned.

Anyway...

Congratulations! She's a lucky lady. Best wishes to you both.
dyslexia

Tue 28 Sep, 2010 10:01 pm
@dyslexia,
dyslexia wrote:

when I was in southeast indo-china I tried/used opium, mmmmeeeelllllllooooooooooooooooooo. never used it in the USA.
in fact I haven't used illicit drugs since '69 LSD.
0 Replies

Gargamel

Tue 28 Sep, 2010 10:07 pm
@boomerang,
Thanks!

There'll be just 24 days left an hour from now. But who's counting?
0 Replies

ossobuco

Tue 28 Sep, 2010 10:13 pm
I first tried it when I was 25 or so (around '67). I liked it well enough but never really got into it on my own. Now, having glaucoma in one eye, I could probably legally smoke it, but I don't want to smoke anything, or I'd be back on the cigs, which I reaaaaalllly don't want to do.
0 Replies

Merry Andrew

Tue 28 Sep, 2010 10:45 pm
@boomerang,
boomerang wrote:

Happy anniversary!

Thank you, boomer. I'm quite proud of meself.
0 Replies

Lash

Tue 28 Sep, 2010 11:42 pm
I was 12. My uncle flew it in to town and had a booming business. He lived in a huge hacienda on the outskirts of town...and I remember vividly one afternoon opening one of the tall cabinets in a long bank of cabinets stretching across the kitchen....and opening and opening...to see a veritable wall filled with the fattest bags of pot I could imagine. He handled all the Country Club pot orders...and it was some fine stuff. I never developed a habit. I was a weekend toker. I quit when the kids were little on principle....started again very infrequently when they were in their teens.

Told my kids the truth about it always. I've been high with my daughter three or four times. My son doesn't smoke pot or cigs. I got high last week with a friend of a friend. I like it every blue moon.

When I was a kid, we bought it in nickle bags, dime bags, lids, kilos.
Lash

Tue 28 Sep, 2010 11:43 pm
@Lash,
I should say THEY bought it....mine was ...free Smile
solipsister

Wed 29 Sep, 2010 12:32 am
@Lash,
i adore matchbox cars does that count
0 Replies

sozobe

Wed 29 Sep, 2010 05:58 am
My dad smoked pot (openly, in front of me), and it was definitely in the "if you can't be a good influence, be a horrible example" category.

Nothing pathological, just nothing that I wanted to do.

I like the smell OK -- I probably got high just from the air at parties (and concerts) in h.s. and college. But I've never purposely smoked pot.
0 Replies

eoe

Wed 29 Sep, 2010 06:18 am
@Gargamel,
My brother and I smoked outside the Museum of S & I before going in to see the Rolling Stones on IMAX some years ago. I'd never done IMAX before and the spectacle of it took me a minute to get used to. I clutched his arm, a bit unnerved. He and I always got high together and had many wonderful times going to the movies, listening to music, rolling on the floor laughing, I miss my brother very much but the memories, most involving some great weed, live on.
0 Replies

squinney

Wed 29 Sep, 2010 06:26 am
I'm another "Tried it - not for me, but thanks anyway." Tried it in college, again at a work holiday party (Regional manager shotgunned me), a couple of times with Bear.

I didn't like it anyways. I sat staring at a wall for like thirty minutes one time and had this profound revelation about the life of a brick. How it's just stuck, ya know. Like stuck there forever, man. And the cement that holds it in place, gives it stability and foundation... also keeps it from moving, from advancing and doing what it wants to do. And like, someone put it there. The brick didn't have a choice of being there or some place else, ya know what I mean? How sad.
djjd62

Wed 29 Sep, 2010 06:28 am
14, on an honours club camping trip, got incredibly high the first time and loved it

would much rather smoke a joint then drink alcohol

love mushrooms too
0 Replies