How old were you the first time you smoked pot?

mags314772

Wed 29 Sep, 2010 01:37 pm
@boomerang,
thank you , thank you, thank you. I must also report that the first time I smoked pot, I looked at my husband and thought, " why haven't I ever noticed he looks just like Cary Grant???"
0 Replies

Region Philbis

Wed 29 Sep, 2010 01:44 pm
@DrewDad,

Quote:

I have never smoked pot.

Weird, I know.
me neither.
in high school i guess i looked like i did -- and i hung out with the pot-heads, so everyone assumed i was one, too...
0 Replies

ehBeth

Wed 29 Sep, 2010 03:56 pm
18 or 19

I liked it. I loved it once I figured out how well it worked in a menu. Baked into veggie lasagna, baked into all sorts of desserts, under chicken skin like sage, part of an oil and vinegar herb dressing for salad ... stirred into yogurt as part of a chip dip for later in the evening ...
Ionus

Wed 29 Sep, 2010 07:29 pm
Quote:
NEVER !

I think you are all a pack of reality escaping weak minded fools over obsessed with pleasuring yourselfs regardless of the cost.
Merry Andrew

Wed 29 Sep, 2010 07:40 pm
@Ionus,
You don't have to yell, Ionus. A couple of other people on this thread have said the same thing. Quietly. Politely.
glitterbag

Wed 29 Sep, 2010 08:07 pm
Is Ionus always just a blue nose prig, or does it have something to do with the topic. I wonder sometimes about people who complain about other people indulging in some sort of "pleasure" that they feel is unseemly. But I take comfort in thinking that Ionus never eats anything that tastes good (too tempting), rides a bicycle everywhere, spins his own thread and weaves his own cloth (virtue), and generally avoids anything that might be even the least bit enjoyable (martyr).

But back to pot, personally, I never tried it, since I worked for DOD when it was becoming the "cat's meow" on the East Coast, and it didn't seem like something I was willing to lose my clearance over. Now at my age, it seems pointless. It's still illegal (I don't know if it should be....it would take a big bite out of the drug business, make it zero profitable), but I digress. The idea of my name showing up in the local paper busted for weed is humililating, but I guess the chance of arrest is fairly slim. So I have not tried it and probably never will. Unless of course it becomes legal like booze and doesn't stink up the house.

Somebody send Ionus a bar of Hershey's Chocolate.
boomerang

Wed 29 Sep, 2010 08:20 pm
glitterbag!

This thread has been fun if only for bringing out some long missed posters.

What a great, illuminating, contribution to the thread.
0 Replies

eoe

Wed 29 Sep, 2010 08:58 pm
@ehBeth,
I've only eaten it once, in a brownie. It took a while to hit you but once it did, it was the longest high ever. Seven, eight hours. My best friend and I strolled around Rush St. in Chicago at about 1 a.m. It was maybe 1976.
I've got several ancient recipes from High Times magazine but never tried them. Someday.
ossobuco

Wed 29 Sep, 2010 09:09 pm
@glitterbag,
I'm going to remember ehBeth's post if I ever decide to take up medical marijuana...
0 Replies

IRFRANK

Wed 29 Sep, 2010 10:40 pm
19 - It was 1966. An awakening. Very nice. Thought I was walking 2 feet off the ground. Needless to say, I liked it a lot. Still do, although I would have no idea where to buy it today. At first it was cheap, like the others said, nickel and dime bags were reasonable and it was easy to find for free around campus, Columbus, Ohio. Tried other drugs and today I think they are very bad. Pot not as bad as alcohol, except being illegal you never know what else is in it. I saw a lot of drunks end up fighting, but pot heads just laugh at each other. It could be cool if legal, but I'm not sure we need anymore legal drugs.

Bought a lb. in Tijuana once, for $20. It ended up being a pack of tortillas!

Dumb hippie.

All happened a long time ago.
0 Replies

Ceili

Wed 29 Sep, 2010 11:11 pm
Can't remember when I first tried pot. But hash burned at 13, so I didn't touch anything till my thirties. I smoke it. Shrooms on very rare occasions. Nothing else though, not interested. I like a good glass of wine but I'm not a big drinker.
One summer when I was about 9 we went to the island. It was a haven for religious nuts, hippy's, bikers, vietnam vets and dodgers, tree trimmers and fishermen. We used to go out and explore in the forest. One of our favourite places was an old two story shack. Probably belonged at one time to a hermit. The hippy's would move in a couple time of year and harvest what ever was in season. The floors were littered with seeds. We'd run and slide across the tiny marble'd floors, see who could go the farthest, then we'd scoop up the seeds, and stuff them in our pockets. I was too young to fully realize what they were. I'd throw the seeds in the ditches as I walked along the long road home to my granny's farm. I watched them grow all summer with pride. One day, my plants were gone. I was devastated. As kids, we would run through the fields, picking mushrooms: oysters, chanterelle, majic and what ever other kind of edible funghi we could find. We read all the books to ensure we wouldn't kill anybody. We asked people and they encouraged us, so we set up road side stand and sold all of them for the same price by weight. We had no idea! Nobody ever turned us in. Our parents were of the religious persuasion. They had no idea either. It wasn't till much later I realized what a business opportunity we'd squandered... Shocked
When I lived in Van I often smelled pot as people walked by, during the day on a busy street. No big wup. At night, downtown, or at concerts, you see and smell it everywhere. It's not that taboo here. Almost everybody I've ever known either had or does or would but work precludes them from doing so. And so it goes.
0 Replies

hingehead

Wed 29 Sep, 2010 11:36 pm
@boomerang,
13, but never really got into it. Don't actually like the 'high' much.
0 Replies

Gargamel

Wed 29 Sep, 2010 11:57 pm
@Ionus,
Ionus wrote:

Quote:
NEVER !

I think you are all a pack of reality escaping weak minded fools over obsessed with pleasuring yourselfs regardless of the cost.

I think you are a social cripple plagued by a latent desire to marry your mother.
OmSigDAVID

Thu 30 Sep, 2010 12:16 am
@boomerang,
I was never.

Since age 4, I 've had a psycho-somatic aversion to tobacco smoke; (stinks).
I think that the odor of pot is rather pleasant, but I 've never smoked it; no hi therefrom,
tho I don 't mind 2nd hand pot smoke; smells nice.

I had abdominal surgery some years ago.
Thay gave me a lot of morphine; no big deal.
I never felt hi from it. After a while, I almost felt
like I was under an invisible tent of morphine essence; mildly unpleasant.
I had them change it for something else. Zero withdrawal problems.

Smoke is flying dirt; on general principles, I don 't wanna suck in dirt; not a good idea,
tho 2nd hand pot smoke is probably not enuf to be concerned about.

David
0 Replies

OmSigDAVID

Thu 30 Sep, 2010 12:24 am
@boomerang,
boomerang wrote:
I think we should all get together for a smoke-in at the park by the M of S & I.
Is that near Russian Tea Time at 77 East Adams Street?
I love that place; I go there whenever I go to Chicago.
http://www.russianteatime.com/

boomerang wrote:
eoe's post reminded me of what I did like about smoking pot -- the ritual of passing it back and forth and the community of sharing it.

Because pot affects me like it does Squinney, don't be surprised if I get all melancholy about the stationary life of the caryatids. Somebody will need to be prepared to buy me a Chicago dog to snap me out of it.
Do u like Irish Setters ?
0 Replies

OmSigDAVID

Thu 30 Sep, 2010 12:35 am
@Ionus,
Quote:
Ionus wrote:
NEVER !

I think you are all a pack of reality escaping weak minded fools
over obsessed with pleasuring yourselfs
regardless of the cost.
I don 't smoke, Ionus, but the point was made that it was available for $5 or $10.

David
FBM

Thu 30 Sep, 2010 03:35 am
I...uhm...

****. What was the question?
0 Replies

Lash

Thu 30 Sep, 2010 03:41 pm
@OmSigDAVID,
LMAO!!!!!
0 Replies

ehBeth

Thu 30 Sep, 2010 04:20 pm
@eoe,
eoe wrote:
I've only eaten it once, in a brownie. It took a while to hit you but once it did, it was the longest high ever. Seven, eight hours.

yup - duration - good results on a really minor investment
0 Replies

Cycloptichorn

Thu 30 Sep, 2010 04:53 pm
I was 20. I didn't drink or do drugs until I got to college. I got high as hell, couldn't stop laughing.

I smoke pot all the time now and rarely drink alcohol anymore. Best decision I ever made.

Cycloptichorn
0 Replies