Elin Nordegren claims Victim Status

panzade

Reply Fri 3 Sep, 2010 06:05 pm
@BillRM,
Quote:

I don't know Intrepid. Perhaps a poor education ?

I wasn't being malicious. I'm wondering just why your written English is so hard to read.
0 Replies

firefly

Reply Fri 3 Sep, 2010 06:05 pm
@hawkeye10,

Quote:
She did not care about him, and he did not care about her
hawkeye10

Reply Fri 3 Sep, 2010 06:17 pm
@firefly,
Right, Tiger cared about having the blond bimbo on the arm and creating his family man image to sell, the actual person he did not care about. Elin was in some ways perfect...she has the right look and she never talked to anyone so they could have a sham marriage and no one would know. However, given his need to step out I am going to take a wild guess that she was not very good in bed. She has a lot of pride and cares a lot about propriety, AKA normally a lousy ****. OOPS.
Arella Mae

Reply Fri 3 Sep, 2010 06:30 pm
@hawkeye10,
I see so you ARE blaming her for him being a no good cheating man? Figures. I suppose you think Sandra Bullock is responsible for Jesse James sleeping with all those women? Hawkeye, seriously, I feel sorry for any woman related to you or that actually knows you. You hatred for women is so obvious it screams in every one of your posts.
0 Replies

Arella Mae

Reply Fri 3 Sep, 2010 06:33 pm
@hawkeye10,
hawkeye10 wrote:

Right, Tiger cared about having the blond bimbo on the arm and creating his family man image to sell, the actual person he did not care about. Elin was in some ways perfect...she has the right look and she never talked to anyone so they could have a sham marriage and no one would know. However, given his need to step out I am going to take a wild guess that she was not very good in bed. She has a lot of pride and cares a lot about propriety, AKA normally a lousy ****. OOPS.
And you know all of this how?
0 Replies

panzade

Reply Fri 3 Sep, 2010 06:41 pm
@hawkeye10,
Quote:
She has a lot of pride and cares a lot about propriety, AKA normally a lousy ****. OOPS.

You do the cartoon cad well; the ladies will be beside themselves Very Happy
hawkeye10

Reply Fri 3 Sep, 2010 06:51 pm
@panzade,
Quote:
You do the cartoon cad well; the ladies will be beside themselves
The cads very often get the girl...we have a recent thread about nice guys finishing last...you might want to look it up (and take notes).
firefly

Reply Fri 3 Sep, 2010 06:59 pm
@hawkeye10,
Quote:
Had she cared about Tiger and marriage she could have claimed victim status, but her behaviour though out has been of a woman who is after status, who was not involved with Tiger for reasons of caring or love.

How on earth do you know that? If she married him, and had two children with him, doesn't that suggest she might have cared for him? Perhaps the status she wanted was "wife". And, as a wife, she felt betrayed by him.

Quote:
She did not care about him, and he did not care about her

Is this more mind reading on your part, or are you a close confidant of both Elin and Tiger?

You are too cynical to believe that marriage might actually be based on love and caring. For you the only issues of any importance are related to power--i.e. money, status--because that's how you think, that's what important in your relationships.

And that's why you can say this:

Quote:
She is golden now, she won.

What did she "win"? Can't you conceive of relationships in any terms other than a power struggle with winners and losers? Do you see all women as out to get power over men?

If she wanted to raise her children in a stable family, with both parents, she didn't win. If she wanted a long marriage to a faithful husband, she didn't win.

So she got a big fat divorce settlement. Big deal.

Guess you would be a gold digger, if you ever got the chance, since that would be your idea of winning the lottery. You must be a born "user".

Quote:
She has been more than compensated for that with the cash

You can't buy off people's emotions. Lots of money does not heal emotional wounds. The woman was publicly humiliated, and betrayed, not by one or two affairs on hubby's part, but by a parade of about 15 bimbos, and who knows how more there were who haven't yet come out of the woodwork. Because she made out well financially in the divorce doesn't mean she wasn't deeply hurt by all of this.

You really seem envious of Elin. Now she has it all, according to you. She's got the money, and she doesn't have to put up with Tiger any more.

What a warped view you have of relationships and marriage...and women.

Arella Mae

Reply Fri 3 Sep, 2010 07:02 pm
@firefly,
I am sure Hawkeye probably thinks rape victims can be paid off too and that will take care of their hurt? Puh--leeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeze!
firefly

Reply Fri 3 Sep, 2010 07:09 pm
@hawkeye10,
Quote:
However, given his need to step out I am going to take a wild guess that she was not very good in bed

That's the reason he was involved with over 15 bimbos? Laughing So, that means they were all not very good in bed either, since he rather indiscriminately bed hopped all over the place.

That might be why you cheat on your wife, because she's lousy in bed, but I think Tiger has a few other problems going for him. Good thing he's finally in therapy. It's a shame he didn't go before he blew his marriage, became a media joke, and tarnished his career.

0 Replies

panzade

Reply Fri 3 Sep, 2010 07:13 pm
@hawkeye10,
Quote:
you might want to look it up (and take notes).

No thanks. I'm not a nice guy.
Mame

Reply Fri 3 Sep, 2010 08:18 pm
@panzade,
okay, i can accept that, but are you good between the sheets?
panzade

Reply Fri 3 Sep, 2010 08:57 pm
@Mame,
bad guys finish last
0 Replies

BillRM

Reply Fri 3 Sep, 2010 11:02 pm
@Arella Mae,
Quote:
I am sure Hawkeye probably thinks rape victims can be paid off too and that will take care of their hurt? Puh--leeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeze
!

LOL why do you not ask Knobe "rape victim" if the settlement she got to go away took care of her "hurts".

Talk about a clever lady who ended up not needing to work again in her life more likely then not.
0 Replies

spendius

Reply Sat 4 Sep, 2010 08:26 am
@firefly,
Quote:
You are too cynical to believe that marriage might actually be based on love and caring.

Have you not read Wuthering Heights ff? That portrays real love as the madness the ancients believed it to be.

There are aspects to this case which demonstrate nothing but the flimsiest comparison with the love of Cathy and Heathcliff. Hardly even that.

Quote:
........ what is not connected with her to me? and what does not recall her? I cannot look down to this floor, but her features are shaped in the flags! In every cloud, in every tree--filling the air at night, and caught by glimpses in every object, by day I am surrounded with her image! The most ordinary faces of men, of women--my own features mock me with a resemblance. The entire world is a dreadful collection of memoranda that she did exist, and that I have lost her!

Quote:
I could almost see her, and yet I could not! I ought to have sweat blood then, from the anguish of my yearning, from the fervour of my supplications to have but one glimpse! I had not one. She showed herself, as she often was in life, a devil to me! And since then, sometimes more, and sometimes less, I've been the sport of that intolerable torture!

And here we are photographed grinning after the divorce and assets being carved up by accountants in fine print which has no other function than to declare the total absence of trust and thus love. We are told, almost triumphantly, that Elin "at least won't have to watch golf anymore." It's why Dylan wrote Watered Down Love.

Everything is watered down. People seem to think, nowadays, that if they slip the phrase "critical thinking" into a conversation their listeners will think they are critical thinkers. According to Evelyn Waugh the listeners won't even be listening. There are ways to use the word "evolution" which presents to the unwary ego the semblance that it understands evolution, from which it deduces there is no God and that those who believe are deluded dingbats. All in the service of rejecting Christian teaching with special reference to those aspects dealing with rumpy-pumpy. And "philosophy" is a crazy word to conjure with.

And so with love. "Love is to heaven fled", Hamlet, I think, says somewhere.

Talking about "being in love" is not being in love. It is pretending to be. And it sells. It's a socially desireable posture. Bordering upon a necessary like a handbag for certain occasions. Not being in love is a faux pas.

I would go so far as saying that love is well nigh impossible for the rich and famous and that hyperbolic gushes to the contrary are merely evidences of that fact. (Allowing occasional exceptions).

Oh Emily!

parados

Reply Sat 4 Sep, 2010 08:58 am
@hawkeye10,
hawkeye10 wrote:

Honor killing. I assume that the above asinine quote means that you don't know what this is...look it up.

Oh please. That is nothing like what Elin did. Maybe you need to look it up.
0 Replies

parados

Reply Sat 4 Sep, 2010 09:00 am
@Arella Mae,
Actually, I thought it was telling that hawkeye thinks the survivors of 9/11 (who received million)are victims that should be protected from that evil mosque but Elin isn't victim because she was paid.
BillRM

Reply Sat 4 Sep, 2010 11:19 am
@parados,
Quote:
Actually, I thought it was telling that hawkeye thinks the survivors of 9/11 (who received million)are victims that should be protected from that evil mosque but Elin isn't victim because she was paid.

Interesting having your family members kill is somehow similar to finding out that your husband is cheating on you.

Amazing people we have on this system.
0 Replies

firefly

Reply Sat 4 Sep, 2010 12:00 pm
@spendius,
Quote:
I would go so far as saying that love is well nigh impossible for the rich and famous

I don't know about that, although I do think that one partner being rich and famous may certainly put unique stresses on a marriage. And I think that is particularly the case when it comes to extremely overpaid professional male athletes. These men, who earn fantastic sums, and who generally travel a lot, are constantly surrounded by women who throw themselves at them. The more immature or self indulgent men are likely to get involved in multiple casual liaisons, and, if these men happen to be married, the results, as in Tiger Wood's case, and be scandalous and destructive.

Woods may simply have been doing what a lot of other male professional athletes also do, but he did it with a degree of recklessness that was almost self destructive. He chose women who were likely to expose him, and he gave them the ammunition to do it. He left voice mails that could be saved, sent text messages that could be saved and sold to tabloids, and he was juggling a huge number of bimbos, foolishly assuring each of them that they were the "only one". It was a situation that was bound to blow up and become public at some point. It was a time bomb waiting to happen.

For a man who carefully constructed a family image, and ostensibly guarded his privacy, his recklessness in liaisons was truly stunning. Either he genuinely believed he was untouchable, or could buy his way out of anything, or he is one self deluded jerk--and likely those things are all true.

Elin apparently wanted to feel she had a solid marriage to a man who was capable of commitment to her. I can believe that she loved and trusted him. The bimbos he was bedding also believed and trusted him when he told them there were no others. In fact, two of them have hired attorney Gloria Allred, and have demanded public apologies from Tiger for being unfaithful to them. The man must be a fairly convincing liar.

Not only is Elin the most seemingly normal person in this entire sordid saga, she is the only one with some degree of class. While hubby was busy humping his assortment of bimbos, Elin was mostly at home and pregnant, or involved with her two very young children and her college courses. She was building a life, and a family, and a future career for herself, in a quiet low profile manner, while Tiger was busy sowing the seeds of destruction for those same things in his own life. I can believe she was blind-sighted when she learned the truth about his affairs. I can believe she felt like her world was crumbling around her. I can believe she felt like a fool for not having known what he was doing. I can believe she felt deeply hurt and betrayed by him. And the relentless media exposure of the extent of Tiger's transgressions, and all the gossip, must have been very difficult for her to cope with. But cope she did. And she did it quietly, without comments to the media. She maintained her dignity throughout the whole ordeal, which is a lot more than Tiger managed to do.

Having been the subject of so much speculation and rumor, it is not surprising that Elin finally wanted to speak out and present herself to the public, in her own words, in the People magazine interview--an interview for which she was not paid. She did this only when her marriage was finally over, and she has said she will not give further interviews. But she finally told her story on her own terms, and not in the shadow of Tiger. This was a statement from a woman who suffered through an emotional ordeal and trauma and is ready to move on with her life. It is not a bitter or angry rant from a woman who felt scorned. Elin is a survivor, not a victim, and that is how she presents herself. Her self respect, and dignity, and self confidence are intact. She has a focus and goals in her life. This woman might have loved Tiger Woods, and mourned the loss of the marriage she thought she had, but she appears intact and ready to move ahead without him. She has not allowed herself to become a victim, and she does not claim to be a victim.

And, while Elin has said that money cannot heal emotional hurts or buy happiness, she is also wise enough, and honest enough, to realize that her substantial settlement will make her life easier and it will give her the power to spend her time and her resources in any way that she wishes. That may not compensate for what she has been through, but it will certainly put her future more firmly in her control.

One can only imagine how many men will now begin throwing themselves at her. She's not only rich and famous, but she's gorgeous to boot. And, unlike her ex-husband, she seems to have some meaningful values and meaningful priorities when it comes to relationships and goals. Hopefully she'll make good choices in the next chapter of her life and find whatever satisfaction she seeks. By trying not to hold onto bitterness and anger she has made a good start.

BillRM

Reply Sat 4 Sep, 2010 12:07 pm
@firefly,
We have no idea if Elin was or was not cheating herself that is just your assumptions that she were being a faithful wife.