Moderators Needed for the New Philosophy Forum Group on A2K

Khethil

Fri 13 Aug, 2010 06:46 pm
@Zetherin,
Zetherin wrote:

Khethil wrote:

Zetherin wrote:
Robert's creating a group that will be in the vein of the old philosophy forum, aesthetically and functionally. You're aware of that, right? I mean, you're posting in a thread that's concerning it.

Nice to see you're just as patient as ever; kudos!

Yes, but the question is: Will we see you as a moderator for the new philforum group? Smile

Hah! Very sly Zeth. I don't think so but I'm very curious to see how it all turns out.
0 Replies

Caroline

Fri 13 Aug, 2010 06:47 pm
@Zetherin,
Don't think I stand a chance after last time, I learn't from my mistakes though, I cut my teeth on the last forum, I learnt a lot and I really enjoyed working with the team but thanks Zeth. How about you Zeth, it would be nice to see you on the team again.
msolga

Fri 13 Aug, 2010 07:15 pm
@jgweed,
I'm interested, jgweed. How many moderator contenders have offered their services at this stage? This is not meant as a provocative or trick question. I'm genuinely interested. But don't respond if you'd prefer not to, OK? I've noticed quite a few here who could do the job very nicely! Smile

ossobuco

Fri 13 Aug, 2010 07:20 pm
I'm not all so clear that those of us in the badland horrible entry room want to delve into the pf parlor. But, I think it would be good for the phils to have time to work out their space without shoutabouts from the general, as it were, a2k.
msolga

Fri 13 Aug, 2010 07:22 pm
@ossobuco,
Hopefully they've been doing that here, osso. :

Quote:
If you are interested, please contact me at [email protected] with a brief explanation of why you want to be a Moderator by Friday, August 13th.
Intrepid

Fri 13 Aug, 2010 07:23 pm
@ossobuco,
Yeah. Let them stew in their own juice.

Laughing
0 Replies

ossobuco

Fri 13 Aug, 2010 07:30 pm
@ossobuco,
I do get wanting a forum by academic rules.
I'm fine with that.
0 Replies

Zetherin

Fri 13 Aug, 2010 07:48 pm
@Caroline,
Caroline wrote:

Don't think I stand a chance after last time, I learn't from my mistakes though, I cut my teeth on the last forum, I learnt a lot and I really enjoyed working with the team but thanks Zeth. How about you Zeth, it would be nice to see you on the team again.

Yes, I believe I'll be taking part, depending on jgweed's call of course. Besides Jgweed and I, I don't think there's anyone from the old team left, actually.
Caroline

Fri 13 Aug, 2010 07:49 pm
@Zetherin,
Cool. Good.
0 Replies

jgweed

Fri 13 Aug, 2010 07:55 pm
@msolga,
Even though there was by necessity a deadline for applications, anyone seriously wanting to join the Moderating Team should not hesitate to contact me. I have been spending some time thinking about organisational needs, and until I have had a chance to actually test the functionality of the new forum application, I have only a guess at the number of Staff that will be necessary at startup and suspect that we will need additional people once the forum is live to assure a more or less constant coverage.

In the midst of all this, I have had to build a replacement computer for home and install from scratch the software I need; if I have consequently failed to reply to any inquiry about staff positions (I am in the midst of gingerly attempting to move files from a suddenly and seriously sick computer to the new one), and to thank each person for taking an interest, please allow me to do so now.

msolga

Fri 13 Aug, 2010 07:57 pm
@jgweed,
Thank you for the response to my question, jgweed.
Caroline

Fri 13 Aug, 2010 08:02 pm
@Zetherin,
I know I haven't seen Paul for yonks. Pythagorean hasn't checked in, we lost Vid and Theatutus to another forum. It would be nice to work with new people, different.
Intrepid

Fri 13 Aug, 2010 08:02 pm
@msolga,
I suppose response is a better word to use than answer, in this case. Wink
0 Replies

Zetherin

Fri 13 Aug, 2010 08:03 pm
@Caroline,
Caroline wrote:

I know I haven't seen Paul for yonks. Pythagorean hasn't checked in, we lost Vid and Theatutus to another forum. It would be nice to work with new people, different.

Yes, that is true.

And msolga looks to be a good candidate. I'm not sure about his/her affiliation with philosophy, but I think his/her amicability could benefit the forum.
Caroline

Fri 13 Aug, 2010 08:05 pm
@Zetherin,
Yeah it'll be good to set out with a new team, be an adventure.
0 Replies

Intrepid

Fri 13 Aug, 2010 08:06 pm
@Zetherin,
ms olga = female

Yes, she would be one of the better A2K candidates for the philosophy group.
Zetherin

Fri 13 Aug, 2010 08:08 pm
@Intrepid,
Intrepid wrote:

ms olga = female

Yes, she would be one of the better A2K candidates for the philosophy group.

And referrals like this certainly help Smile

I sound sexist, but I am convinced the forum needs at least one woman on duty. A woman's nature tends to temper the male philosopher.
msolga

Fri 13 Aug, 2010 08:10 pm
@Zetherin,
I think Intrepid was being mischievous, Zetherin.
No, I know he was.
(Stop it right now, Intrepid! You're a wicked person! )

Caroline

Fri 13 Aug, 2010 08:12 pm
@Zetherin,
And vice a versa, a balance of both sexes is good.
Intrepid

Fri 13 Aug, 2010 08:14 pm
@msolga,
Me? Mischievous? Wicked? I am crushed.

I was being totally serious in support of you Miss Kitty.