Moderators Needed for the New Philosophy Forum Group on A2K

sozobe

Fri 13 Aug, 2010 12:00 pm
@Zetherin,
Yeah, I got a "not found" (404) error when I clicked on it from that link.

Again, I think the group isn't ready yet so what we can see/ do is probably limited until it is ready. However, the main question is answered (the thread exists and can be found on the new group, which will be ready and accessible at some as-of-yet-indetermined point in the hopefully-near future).
0 Replies

sozobe

Fri 13 Aug, 2010 12:01 pm
@ughaibu,
Oh really? That's cool.

I'm worried I opened a can of worms though, I noodled around and turned up the thread people were worried about so thought I'd share, but everything I've seen Robert say is that it's not ready, which means he probably doesn't want people messing around with it yet.
0 Replies

Butrflynet

Fri 13 Aug, 2010 12:06 pm
@ughaibu,
Next time, try clicking on the Contact Us link at the bottom of each page. The moderators probably have access and tools to more easily search for missing topics. This will be especially important when the groups function goes live since members won't have access to those groups to search for you unless they are members of each group.
ughaibu

Fri 13 Aug, 2010 12:08 pm
@Butrflynet,
Butrflynet wrote:
Next time, try clicking on the Contact Us link at the bottom of each page. The moderators probably have access and tools to more easily search for missing topics. This will be especially important when the groups function goes live since members won't have access to those groups to search for you unless they are members of each group.
Okay.
0 Replies

Butrflynet

Fri 13 Aug, 2010 12:16 pm
@ughaibu,
ughaibu wrote:

Presently at the top of the new posts page, first ten:
LOL?
What Makes Humans Human?
Funny Pictures ***Slow Loading***
Satan. Created by God perfect and good or evil?
I wish I was a beer drinker
New Rating System
NeoPets Riddles (Lenny Conundrums) and Answers Here
Federal Gov't DoD Procurement Insourcing Directive & Minority Owned/ Small Businesses
Going out with a widow - experiencing some difficulties
WAS HITLER A HYPOCRIT?

In February I joined a philosophy forum, A2K is emphatically not a philosophy forum.

This is rather unfair. You're complaining about the content of a forum's topics not being strictly philosophical yet you aren't using the tools available to navigate to the list of philosophical topics.

If you use the New Posts list, of course you are going to get the whole alphabet soup of subject variety.

If you want the more narrow philosophical subject matter, use the tag system and click on the Philosophy tag to navigate to the Philosophy forum list of topics. Doing so gives me these first 10 subjects that are sorted chronologically by latest activity:

Moderators Needed for the New Philosophy Forum Group on A2K

Can Nobody Exist?

The necessary truth of any truth

What does being rational mean?

From Brain to Consciousness to Mind--the biological basis

Are Philosophers lost in the clouds?

I fear...

Life too short for Philosophy?

Our mind journey over life

Equal gain

Goal Seeking & Expediencey Paradox
ughaibu

Fri 13 Aug, 2010 12:19 pm
@Butrflynet,
Butrflynet wrote:
This is rather unfair. You're complaining about the content of a forum's topics not being strictly philosophical yet you aren't using the tools available to navigate to the list of philosophical topics.
No, I was expounding on a point originally made by Mark Noble, and that point, as far as I understand it, is exempt from any question of "tools" available to members.
0 Replies

mark noble

Fri 13 Aug, 2010 12:20 pm
@Caroline,
Caroline wrote:

mark noble wrote:

Hi Caroline!

Salima is not a "They".
What do you mean?

Your post said 'The spammers' spammERS! This implies more than one.

Caroline wrote:

mark noble wrote:
And I was not a party to anyone else's desire to press gang anyone or anything from this site. Be under no illusion regarding this, please.
I have no idea what this means, I don't understand.

I was one of the suspendees.

Caroline wrote:

mark noble wrote:
If you pm'ed me with a good site for (whatever), in the making, and linked me the details. I would not cry 'spammer' and I would pass those details on to those I am friendly with.

If I was told or asked not to do so, and I wasn't! I would comply with the site request.
It clogged the board and they ignored messages asking them to stop at ten. What would you consider spam?

I never clogged any board - I sent a dozen or so, weeks before this became an issue. And James sent less (4 I believe).
And I received no warning that I was doing anything wrong.
Neither did he.

Caroline wrote:

I don't want to re-address it because it's been discussed before and I'm merely repeating to you the reasons why they were banned in the phil check in thread.
[/quote]

But you re-emerged the subject.
And as you have probably guessed by now. It is me and Sun you are referring to when you say "Spammers", in part.

And we are not, nor ever were.

Have a lovely day Caroline! And please excuse my crappy attempt to copy/paste this.
Mark...
Caroline

Fri 13 Aug, 2010 12:27 pm
@mark noble,
I wasn't implying you or sometime sun. I was implying those who knew what they were doing, those who tried to brain drain. I don't want to re-address it because it's nothing to do with me, I just thought that you hadn't read the phil check in thread, it was explained why they were banned.
ughaibu

Fri 13 Aug, 2010 12:32 pm
@Caroline,
Caroline wrote:
those who tried to brain drain
Haven't you noticed how few of the Philforum members post here? Even Kennethamy goes a day without posting. It seems to me that this is more likely to be a consequence of one event, the relocation of the board, than a coincidence of events, the personal circumstances of all the now non-posting members.
mark noble

Fri 13 Aug, 2010 12:42 pm
@ughaibu,
I agree.

If I wanted a game of table tennis, I doubt I'd go to a snooker hall.
0 Replies

Caroline

Fri 13 Aug, 2010 12:46 pm
@ughaibu,
But you're getting your philforum.
mark noble

Fri 13 Aug, 2010 12:48 pm
@Caroline,
Yes Caroline - The remaining 2% of us most certainly are.
0 Replies

ughaibu

Fri 13 Aug, 2010 12:48 pm
@Caroline,
Caroline wrote:
What kind of idiotic comment is that?
kennethamy

Fri 13 Aug, 2010 01:11 pm
@ughaibu,
ughaibu wrote:

Caroline wrote:
those who tried to brain drain
Haven't you noticed how few of the Philforum members post here? Even Kennethamy goes a day without posting. It seems to me that this is more likely to be a consequence of one event, the relocation of the board, than a coincidence of events, the personal circumstances of all the now non-posting members.

Actually, I could not even find this site for a few days. Whenever I tried to go to the old URL, all I would get was, "under maintenance". It was purely by diligent searching that I found the address again. I will never understand what the point of all of this was, and why the other members could not just join the present site. It is a complete mystery to me what the fuss was all about, and why Robert had to bother to do what he has done. I imagine that some people are, to put it kindly, eccentric.
0 Replies

dlowan

Fri 13 Aug, 2010 06:15 pm
@ughaibu,
ughaibu wrote:

Caroline wrote:
What kind of idiotic comment is that?

A true one?
0 Replies

Zetherin

Fri 13 Aug, 2010 06:22 pm
@ughaibu,
Robert's creating a group that will be in the vein of the old philosophy forum, aesthetically and functionally. You're aware of that, right? I mean, you're posting in a thread that's concerning it.
Khethil

Fri 13 Aug, 2010 06:29 pm
@Zetherin,
Zetherin wrote:
Robert's creating a group that will be in the vein of the old philosophy forum, aesthetically and functionally. You're aware of that, right? I mean, you're posting in a thread that's concerning it.

Nice to see you're just as patient as ever; kudos!
Zetherin

Fri 13 Aug, 2010 06:33 pm
@Khethil,
Khethil wrote:

Zetherin wrote:

Nice to see you're just as patient as ever; kudos!

Yes, but the question is: Will we see you as a moderator for the new philforum group? Smile
Caroline

Fri 13 Aug, 2010 06:39 pm
@Zetherin,
Yeah Khethil, that would be nice.
Zetherin

Fri 13 Aug, 2010 06:42 pm
@Caroline,
And what about you, Caroline? You had your hand in the mix before. Why don't you send Jgweed an e-mail?