@spendius,
I recommend spendi as a moderator for this "New Philosophy Forum Group."
0 Replies

CalamityJane

Sat 21 Aug, 2010 07:08 pm
@spendius,
I don't think they'd be too happy about you, spendi, at a new site. Only a few
"get you"....

I agree with cicerone though, spendius for moderator!!!
0 Replies

roger

Sat 21 Aug, 2010 07:56 pm
@spendius,
You silver tongued devil, you.
0 Replies

Tryagain

Sun 22 Aug, 2010 07:49 am
Dear Caroline, it saddens me that you have been subject to the question whether 'tis nobler in the mind to suffer the slings and arrows of outrageous fortune, or to take arms against a sea of troubles, and by opposing end them and attracted the amorous attention of Kicky, or be set upon by the A2K posse.

Your words speak louder than actions and I can find no one who has witnessed this unedifying drama have anything but sympathy for your stoic position.

Therefore with increased drapetomania and in light of recent occurrences, I hereby withdraw my application for the position of Philforum Enforcer with immediate effect.

Thank you and have an excruciatingly smarmy day.
spendius

Sun 22 Aug, 2010 08:11 am
@Tryagain,
For those of you not as well educated as Try, the modern form of "drapetomania" is to be found in certain urban areas of California. The zeitgeist of that world known as Femdom is the only known cure for the condition although it must be admitted that the treatments are somewhat severe and not to the taste of those with a sensitive disposition.
0 Replies

CalamityJane

Sun 22 Aug, 2010 09:36 am
Haha Try again Very Happy Only you could come up with a term like drapetomania in conjunction with a philo moderator.

Spendius, that is probably wishful thinking on your part, as femdom is practically absent in your neck of the woods, all the while we perfectly know
that you're craving for it.
spendius

Sun 22 Aug, 2010 10:06 am
@CalamityJane,
Oh no Cal. We English gentlemen are far more concerned with domestic science skills and the orderly managment of our comfortable establishments. We see the point of a lot of dangerous activities but we prefer easy contentments to pushing the philosophic envelopes to their obvious limits. The moon can stay out of reach in it's lonely orbit.
CalamityJane

Sun 22 Aug, 2010 10:20 am
@spendius,
Hah, domestic science skills! It sure doesn't involve cooking as the English
are not known for it's cuisine. Without the Indians/Pakistani there wouldn't be a decent meal had on the entire island.
ehBeth

Sun 22 Aug, 2010 10:38 am
@CalamityJane,
CalamityJane wrote:
It sure doesn't involve cooking as the English
are not known for it's cuisine.

wow. good thing you're not involved in education
spendius

Sun 22 Aug, 2010 11:28 am
@CalamityJane,
There's no food comes within sight of English food. Indian and Pkastani and Thai and Chinese etc are just shite with spice. Take the spice away and what have you got?

A kipper

Wild mushroom soup

Roast beef and Yorkshire pudding/Welsh lamb and mint sauce, roast Pentland King Edwards, 2 in season veggies and gravy.

Spotted Dick with custard.

2 mince pies. Oh me oh my. Get into that kitchen and rattle them pots and pans.

Read Philippa Pullar's Consuming Passions Cal. We even write about food best. And I'm not sure there's a pleasure for women that compares with her seeing her man really enjoying her cooking. She knows she has him by the shorties with that. Anybody can screw.

spendius

Sun 22 Aug, 2010 11:44 am
@spendius,
And double steak pudding, double chips, mushy peas, double bread and butter and gravy, served in back of a chip shop by a cheeky, healthy, gumpy English Rose with a sweat on and a calico red and white check smock, after 8 pints in the pub late on Friday night, is what dreams are made of.

And late June strawberries with double Devon cream in a deck chair on the boundary of a cricket match on a Village Green is pretty good too.

I bet you never went to a Vicarage cake making competition Cal.
CalamityJane

Sun 22 Aug, 2010 12:11 pm
@ehBeth,
ehBeth wrote:

CalamityJane wrote:
It sure doesn't involve cooking as the English
are not known for it's cuisine.

wow. good thing you're not involved in education

Oh wow....good that I can rely on my experience - having been in England
numerous times.
0 Replies

Rockhead

Sun 22 Aug, 2010 12:13 pm
meow...
0 Replies

CalamityJane

Sun 22 Aug, 2010 12:14 pm
@spendius,
spendius wrote:
I bet you never went to a Vicarage cake making competition Cal.

You got that right!
0 Replies

roger

Sun 22 Aug, 2010 12:17 pm
Can't imagine why they think they need moderators, or even their own forum group. They can have all the discussions right here.
0 Replies

dlowan

Mon 23 Aug, 2010 08:05 am
@Tryagain,
Quote:
Thank you and have an excruciatingly smarmy day.

Yo!!! My man!!!!
0 Replies

Intrepid

Sun 29 Aug, 2010 05:10 pm
So...did you guys ever get moderators, or what?
dyslexia

Sun 29 Aug, 2010 05:12 pm
@Intrepid,
I volunteered, got no responses.
0 Replies

Pangloss

Sun 29 Aug, 2010 05:19 pm
First there may need to be an active forum group, to necessitate the moderators..
roger

Sun 29 Aug, 2010 05:22 pm
@Pangloss,
Classic chicken/egg situation, eh?
0 Replies