Moderators Needed for the New Philosophy Forum Group on A2K

mark noble

Fri 13 Aug, 2010 10:14 am
@ughaibu,
Hi Ughaibu!

Try reading an entire post once in a while.

But thank you for not using abusive language.

Kind regards!
Mark...
0 Replies

ughaibu

Fri 13 Aug, 2010 10:14 am
@Khethil,
Khethil wrote:
ughaibu wrote:
Any idea what happened to Night Ripper's "rescuing free will from determinism" thread?
Is this it? (link).
No, it appears to have gone from the site. I cant find any of my posts, on that thread, in my profile.
Caroline

Fri 13 Aug, 2010 10:22 am
@mark noble,
It wasn't just a few pm's Mark, I quote Robert when I say Salima sent over 6oo alone, they were trying to steal members. I don't want to go into it anymore, it's all done and dusted.
GoshisDead

Fri 13 Aug, 2010 10:23 am
@ughaibu,
It was unaddressed for a reason, simply because i saw the potential for a good thread to go bad.
ughaibu

Fri 13 Aug, 2010 10:27 am
@GoshisDead,
GoshisDead wrote:
It was unaddressed for a reason, simply because i saw the potential for a good thread to go bad.
Fair enough, but you're not a moderator yet and there are matters to be discussed which I dont accept to be quarantinable as "bad".
sozobe

Fri 13 Aug, 2010 10:28 am
@ughaibu,
Seems to have been moved to the group:

http://able2know.org/group/philforum/topic/3057-1

Note, I got there by following Zetherin's link on the "looks good, Robert!" thread, then I clicked on someone's name and plugged in "night_ripper" instead of theirs, which took me to night ripper's profile, and then "Defense of Freewill Against Determinism" was right there and I clicked on it and then got the url.

Which is to say -- I think that's the thread you're talking about, so it's not gone, BUT I think all of that is still being worked on and isn't ready for prime time.
ughaibu

Fri 13 Aug, 2010 10:32 am
@sozobe,
sozobe wrote:
Seems to have been moved to the group:
http://able2know.org/group/philforum/topic/3057-1
Thanks.
0 Replies

GoshisDead

Fri 13 Aug, 2010 10:59 am
@ughaibu,
you can do what you like, its a reasonably free board
0 Replies

spendius

Fri 13 Aug, 2010 11:25 am
@ughaibu,
Quote:
Apart from the philosophy "forum", the new post page is full of word games, personal stuff or political pontificating.

But there is plenty to be learned from such things.

Your underestimation of them is merely elitism and self-congratulatory. Your statement isn't even true.
mark noble

Fri 13 Aug, 2010 11:27 am
@Caroline,
Hi Caroline!

Salima is not a "They". And I was not a party to anyone else's desire to press gang anyone or anything from this site. Be under no illusion regarding this, please.

If you pm'ed me with a good site for (whatever), in the making, and linked me the details. I would not cry 'spammer' and I would pass those details on to those I am friendly with.
If I was told or asked not to do so, and I wasn't! I would comply with the site request.

If you don't want to re-address such matters - Don't re-emerge them into the public arena.

Thank you Caroline.
Mark...
Intrepid

Fri 13 Aug, 2010 11:27 am
@spendius,
I guess he doesn't want to expand his mind.
0 Replies

ughaibu

Fri 13 Aug, 2010 11:32 am
@spendius,
spendius wrote:
But there is plenty to be learned from such things.
Possibly, but it's not philosophy and I can have similar trivial conversations any time of day, in hundreds of places.
0 Replies

Zetherin

Fri 13 Aug, 2010 11:36 am
@ughaibu,
It's so incredibly odd, it just disappeared.

I would have said that it was probably Robert just transferring the old threads to the new group, but every other one of Night Ripper's threads is still alive - along with almost all the old philforum threads.

I really hope it wasn't deleted.
Caroline

Fri 13 Aug, 2010 11:38 am
@mark noble,
mark noble wrote:

Hi Caroline!

Salima is not a "They".
What do you mean?

mark noble wrote:
And I was not a party to anyone else's desire to press gang anyone or anything from this site. Be under no illusion regarding this, please.
I have no idea what this means, I don't understand.
mark noble wrote:
If you pm'ed me with a good site for (whatever), in the making, and linked me the details. I would not cry 'spammer' and I would pass those details on to those I am friendly with.
If I was told or asked not to do so, and I wasn't! I would comply with the site request.
It clogged the board and they ignored messages asking them to stop at ten. What would you consider spam?
mark noble wrote:
If you don't want to re-address such matters - Don't re-emerge them into the public arena.
I don't want to re-address it because it's been discussed before and I'm merely repeating to you the reasons why they were banned in the phil check in thread.
ughaibu

Fri 13 Aug, 2010 11:40 am
Presently at the top of the new posts page, first ten:
LOL?
What Makes Humans Human?
Funny Pictures ***Slow Loading***
Satan. Created by God perfect and good or evil?
I wish I was a beer drinker
New Rating System
NeoPets Riddles (Lenny Conundrums) and Answers Here
Federal Gov't DoD Procurement Insourcing Directive & Minority Owned/ Small Businesses
Going out with a widow - experiencing some difficulties
WAS HITLER A HYPOCRIT?

In February I joined a philosophy forum, A2K is emphatically not a philosophy forum.
Caroline

Fri 13 Aug, 2010 11:42 am
@ughaibu,
Well you should get your philforum soon huh.
ughaibu

Fri 13 Aug, 2010 11:48 am
@Caroline,
Caroline wrote:
Well you should get your philforum soon huh.
Well, Mark Noble's expressed worry was that, in order to find the forum, when instigated, potential members will still have to wade through the crap. Perhaps I'm unaware of the degree to which the resurrected forum will be independent, as the matter hasn't been expounded on by the powers that be. . . . Another concern, will the philosophy forum be plagued by scientology adverts?
0 Replies

sozobe

Fri 13 Aug, 2010 11:49 am
@Zetherin,
I found it on the new group -- look up a bit.

Robert has said he's working on the group, I expect that any inconsistency is part of the ongoing work.

At any rate, it didn't disappear completely and definitely wasn't deleted. Just moved.
Zetherin

Fri 13 Aug, 2010 11:56 am
@sozobe,
sozobe wrote:

I found it on the new group -- look up a bit.

Robert has said he's working on the group, I expect that any inconsistency is part of the ongoing work.

At any rate, it didn't disappear completely and definitely wasn't deleted. Just moved.

Ah, you're right, it does appear to be in there. Here's where I see it:

http://groups.able2know.org/philforum/branches-of-philosophy/

Although, it won't let me access it. "Defense of freewill..." is the thread.
ughaibu

Fri 13 Aug, 2010 11:59 am
@Zetherin,
Zetherin wrote:
it won't let me access it. "Defense of freewill..."
It seems to have accepted my replies, today: http://able2know.org/group/philforum/topic/3057-101#post-94797