Republican Idaho Senator arrested in ariport

westernmom

Reply Thu 30 Aug, 2007 04:38 pm
@socalgolfguy,
socalgolfguy;33818 wrote:
Your family look great mom. Obviously you did the right things for them growing up. Congratulations.

Thanks! Isn't my little granddaughter a cutie? One daughter was missing - she had to work that weekend.

I try to take my girls on at least one trip every year. Just the women! Usually we go to a play, shopping, eating, and generally just have fun. We've gone to DC, Oregon, Utah, Las Vegas, etc. We are talking a cruise now...
0 Replies

Pinochet73

Reply Thu 30 Aug, 2007 05:34 pm
@aaronssongs,
Have You Ever Been To Texas???????????????????????
westernmom

Reply Fri 31 Aug, 2007 08:30 am
@Pinochet73,
Pinochet73;33833 wrote:
Have You Ever Been To Texas???????????????????????

Just to the airports. But, now that we have a daughter living down there we will probably plan a couple of trips a year. And, we will have to cruise out of Galveston now instead of Florida! We might go down for Thanksgiving.
wvpeach

Reply Fri 31 Aug, 2007 09:51 am
@westernmom,
You know the guy may be a hypocrite, as I doubt he would have ever been elected in Idaho if they knew he was gay.

But this whole arrest thing, is wrong. I listened to the police tapes.

Bumping a shoe or sticking your hand under a booth should not be enough to get a person arrested.

Now if the guy had invited him into his stall, or unzipped or something , okay arrest him . If you can be arrested for what this guy was it leaves way too much room for error.

FYI. If I am in a public restroom and somebody sticks a body part into my stall, they can expect to get the boot. I wouldn't have thought they were after sex, I'd think they were trying to steal something.
westernmom

Reply Fri 31 Aug, 2007 10:59 am
@wvpeach,
wvpeach;33918 wrote:
You know the guy may be a hypocrite, as I doubt he would have ever been elected in Idaho if they knew he was gay.

But this whole arrest thing, is wrong. I listened to the police tapes.

Bumping a shoe or sticking your hand under a booth should not be enough to get a person arrested.

Now if the guy had invited him into his stall, or unzipped or something , okay arrest him . If you can be arrested for what this guy was it leaves way too much room for error.

FYI. If I am in a public restroom and somebody sticks a body part into my stall, they can expect to get the boot. I wouldn't have thought they were after sex, I'd think they were trying to steal something.

Oh my heck, we agree on something!

After reading the transcript I started having doubts. He said we was picking up a piece of paper and the cop said he saw his hand with his wedding ring on it. Craig made him look like a total liar on that one.

I also have been reading what the paper in Boise was doing to him and they have interviewed over 300 people to back up their allegations. One guy back in '67 in college said he thought he tried something with him but wasn't sure. A guy in a sporting goods store said he thought he hit on him and a guy who kept his voice disquised said he had an encounter with him in DC. It has also been widely known that the gay community has put him on their "hit list" to bring him down. I guess they got the job done...

I would think the cops would have more work to do than to sit on a toilet all day and hope that some one would play footsie with them!
0 Replies

tvsej

Reply Fri 31 Aug, 2007 12:38 pm
@westernmom,
westernmom;33767 wrote:
I took this photo on a recent roadtrip that I took my daughters on to Oregon. Does she look like she's grieving? Get a life people! Quit worrying about my kids and worry about your own!

You also have a beautiful family, you all look genuinly happy! Good for you!
0 Replies

tvsej

Reply Fri 31 Aug, 2007 01:12 pm
@westernmom,
I just finished reading all the post between westernmom and aaronsongs, you two had me rolling, my husband walked in and thought I was getting sick. He said "honey are you alright", I couldn't even say anything. Now my eyes are clear, I am happy you two called it quits.
On a more serious note, there isn't anything to do about anyones sexual preference, people who enjoy beating the living **** out of each other have far bigger problems than genes I'm afraid, go figure.
aaronssongs

Reply Fri 31 Aug, 2007 10:12 pm
@tvsej,
tvsej;33950 wrote:
I just finished reading all the post between westernmom and aaronsongs, you two had me rolling, my husband walked in and thought I was getting sick. He said "honey are you alright", I couldn't even say anything. Now my eyes are clear, I am happy you two called it quits.
On a more serious note, there isn't anything to do about anyones sexual preference, people who enjoy beating the living **** out of each other have far bigger problems than genes I'm afraid, go figure.

As I always say to people that hate the "so-called" gay lifestyle ( absolutely gets me rolling...calling it a "lifestyle"...like the "rich and famous")...please, whatever you do...don't be gay! Just say no! Run, don't walk to your next heterosexual (encounter)! It's not as fun as you think. LOL
0 Replies

Pinochet73

Reply Fri 31 Aug, 2007 10:16 pm
@westernmom,
westernmom;33907 wrote:
Just to the airports. But, now that we have a daughter living down there we will probably plan a couple of trips a year. And, we will have to cruise out of Galveston now instead of Florida! We might go down for Thanksgiving.

C'mon down, Mama. We'll leave the lights on for ya.
0 Replies

Pinochet73

Reply Fri 31 Aug, 2007 10:18 pm
@aaronssongs,
Anyone who has to scream into a mike, in public, "I'm not gay. I'm not gay", is probably gay. Knew a poor, ugly female officer in the Army who used to say it a lot. Out of nowhere, she'd bemoan the fact her family suspected she was lesbian, and then cuss the ground they walked upon, as though driven crazy by it.
aaronssongs

Reply Fri 31 Aug, 2007 10:48 pm
@Pinochet73,
Pinochet73;34013 wrote:
Anyone who has to scream into a mike, in public, "I'm not gay. I'm not gay", is probably gay. Knew a poor, ugly female officer in the Army who used to say it a lot. Out of nowhere, she'd bemoan the fact her family suspected she was lesbian, and then cuss the ground they walked upon, as though driven crazy by it.

Puhleeze...I can safely speak for the majority of my bretheren. We ain't claimin' him. He is a dishonest, disgusting closeted gay man. He was married, and cheated on his vows of marriage...futhermore, he was "anti-gay", which makes him the biggest hypocrite. But worst of all (and much to most of your chagrin), he was a Republican...and another reminder of the hypocrisy of the Republican Party as the moral standard bearer of the nation. Scandal after scandal after scandal. If I were a Republican, I'd just keep my mouth shut...because feet keep flying into the open space.
FedUpAmerican

Reply Sat 1 Sep, 2007 06:45 am
@aaronssongs,
Sounds like Craig was practicing those good republican family values they keep screaming about. I love how every week we see the republican party implode just a bit more.

This is better than reality TV. Whose getting voted off your ever shrinking island next?
Pinochet73

Reply Sat 1 Sep, 2007 06:59 am
@FedUpAmerican,
FedUpAmerican;34040 wrote:
Sounds like Craig was practicing those good republican family values they keep screaming about. I love how every week we see the republican party implode just a bit more.

This is better than reality TV. Whose getting voted off your ever shrinking island next?

Vindictive, childish partisanship. Craig's behavior is his own screw-up. What he did has no effect on what I believe and practice, politically and ideologically. Besides, you're violating the tenets of your own Democratic ethos by attacking a gay man who struggled his entire life to suppress his homosexuality, but couldn't do it, in the final analysis. Where's your bleeding heart sympathy for tormented, closet gays?
FedUpAmerican

Reply Sat 1 Sep, 2007 07:07 am
@aaronssongs,
LOL! :rollinglaugh:

At least you're consistent. I gotta give you that.
0 Replies

aaronssongs

Reply Sat 1 Sep, 2007 11:37 am
@Pinochet73,
Pinochet73;34043 wrote:
Vindictive, childish partisanship. Craig's behavior is his own screw-up. What he did has no effect on what I believe and practice, politically and ideologically. Besides, you're violating the tenets of your own Democratic ethos by attacking a gay man who struggled his entire life to suppress his homosexuality, but couldn't do it, in the final analysis. Where's your bleeding heart sympathy for tormented, closet gays?

Oh, it's vindictive childish partisanship, when we Dems point out Repub foibles..and justified indignation when you point out ours (Bill Clinton's indiscretions, for example)??? How hypocritical.
Violating the tenets of our own Democratic ethos????? You can't possibly expect to play both sides of the fence, sympathy when you're on the ropes, and condemnation when you're not.
A gay man, who struggled his entire life to suppress his homosexuality????
What a joke! Hardly. He was a disingenuous, dishonest cheating husband, who broke his marriage vows, and worse, lied to his wife and his family about his sexuality. A case of wanting his cake, and trying to eat it, too.
And equally bad....lied to his constituency, about his contradicting position and his actions...A gay man, who discriminated against other gays.
Let me be the first to throw him up under the bus.
0 Replies

Pinochet73

Reply Sat 1 Sep, 2007 01:14 pm
@aaronssongs,
You are discriminating against a gay man. You, of all people. What......you ask what political party your would-be lovers belong to before you indulge? Gimme a break.
Pinochet73

Reply Sat 1 Sep, 2007 01:16 pm
@aaronssongs,
Craig should come out, ask for forgiveness, convert to the Democrats, and start fighting for gay rights, Affirmative Action, PC, illegal immigration and all the rest of that crap. He should turn the whole frigged up system upside down, by suddenly switching sides and blaming the entire thing on Dick and Bush.
Pinochet73

Reply Sat 1 Sep, 2007 01:19 pm
@aaronssongs,
aaronssongs;34024 wrote:
Puhleeze...I can safely speak for the majority of my bretheren. We ain't claimin' him. He is a dishonest, disgusting closeted gay man. He was married, and cheated on his vows of marriage...futhermore, he was "anti-gay", which makes him the biggest hypocrite. But worst of all (and much to most of your chagrin), he was a Republican...and another reminder of the hypocrisy of the Republican Party as the moral standard bearer of the nation. Scandal after scandal after scandal. If I were a Republican, I'd just keep my mouth shut...because feet keep flying into the open space.

Aaron, YOU'RE NOT GAY. YOU'RE NOT GAY. YOU ARE NOT.....I SAY AGAIN, YOU ARE NOT GAY.
FedUpAmerican

Reply Sat 1 Sep, 2007 01:36 pm
@Pinochet73,
Pinochet73;34109 wrote:
Craig should come out, ask for forgiveness, convert to the Democrats, and start fighting for gay rights, Affirmative Action, PC, illegal immigration and all the rest of that crap. He should turn the whole frigged up system upside down, by suddenly switching sides and blaming the entire thing on Dick and Bush.

From what I understand he likes dick more than bush.
aaronssongs

Reply Sat 1 Sep, 2007 02:55 pm
@Pinochet73,
Pinochet73;34108 wrote:
You are discriminating against a gay man. You, of all people. What......you ask what political party your would-be lovers belong to before you indulge? Gimme a break.

I'm discriminating? Is that what I'm doing? I think I'm "throwing shade" at a corrupt, hypocritical Republican congressman from Idaho, who got caught in a compromising situation..one of his own making.
Would you discriminate (if that's what we're calling it) against a "straight" official, caught in a compromising situation, and expect someone to point out that..."hey, the guy you're putting down is a straight guy"???? It doesn't make any sense...like we cannot chastise our "own" (and that's stretching it, because I don't consider him a out and out comfortable, proud gay man...he is , if anything, "in the closet", hiding, "down low", and ashamed.
Why practice behavior you're ashamed of? Sounds like compulsion(obsessive-compulsive disorder), which is a psychosis.
Would be lovers? I don't know what you think...but I haven't had "would-be lovers", for the past going on 6 years. Gay relationships are not that much different from heterosexual relationships...somebody does the cooking, somebody takes out the garbage...someone minds the bank account, and someone fixes the leaks....Not every gay person is a sex addict, looking for his or her next fix....perhaps, that is your reality.
0 Replies