Republican Idaho Senator arrested in ariport

socalgolfguy

Reply Wed 29 Aug, 2007 04:22 pm
@aaronssongs,
Careful, mom, it's nobody's business but yours.
0 Replies

westernmom

Reply Wed 29 Aug, 2007 04:42 pm
@aaronssongs,
Oh, PS:

Aaron,

I forgot to tell you that my family all knows about this board and I talked about this thread to my daughter at lunch and we had a good laugh about it. I told her that I really ticked off some black gay guy with my posts!!! Yeah, she's still proud of me....

Also, sorry about your mom. Mine died in '89 also - of cancer. Only 55. I still miss her tons.
aaronssongs

Reply Wed 29 Aug, 2007 04:42 pm
@westernmom,
westernmom;33624 wrote:
Aaron,

I'm done sparring with you. I will not continue to debate you over my decisions as a parent. You have no idea of the loving relationship I have with my kids and grandkids.

The bonds of love were formed before the problems. They knew that no matter how bad the issues the ties couldn't be broken unless they wanted to do it themselves. Hallmark loves me on Mother's Day!!!

As for you and your choice - live on. I will respect that. Just don't try to force me to say that I agree with it.

I just get darn tired of the gay community trying to shove their lifestyle down our throats. I'm not talking about holding hands or even a kiss in public. It's the gay pride parades that have many participants in a state of undress. It's the gay days held in public parks where you see things going on that make you want to hide your face (whether done by gays or straight). It's the idea that your sexual orientation has to be talked about in every sitcom or talk show. Why do we have to have "gay cruises?" Why not "married couples" cruises? or "I love my dog in an intimate way" cruises?

How dare you madam, indict a whole community with your stereotypes!
I don't attend "gay pride parades", although I have in the past, primarily, because I abhor "crowds", gay or any other kind. And if I did, that would be my civil right.
If you don't want to attend a "gay day" in a public park or recreation center, keep your posterior at home, and out of view. But keep your mouth closed on whether or not it's right for others to join "like-minded" people for a public excursion. Don't like gay cruises...don't go on one. Like married couple cruises, cruise your posterior off. Judgemental and hypocritical just irks me to no end.
And if you are bothered by the heat, get your posterior out of the darn kitchen. Freedom of speech, notwithstanding.
aaronssongs

Reply Wed 29 Aug, 2007 04:44 pm
@westernmom,
westernmom;33633 wrote:
Oh, PS:

Aaron,

I forgot to tell you that my family all knows about this board and I talked about this thread to my daughter at lunch and we had a good laugh about it. I told her that I really ticked off some black gay guy with my posts!!! Yeah, she's still proud of me....

Also, sorry about your mom. Mine died in '89 also - of cancer. Only 55. I still miss her tons.

Don't flatter yourself, by wearing it like a crown.
0 Replies

westernmom

Reply Wed 29 Aug, 2007 04:49 pm
@aaronssongs,
aaronssongs;33634 wrote:
How dare you madam, indict a whole community with your stereotypes!
I don't attend "gay pride parades", although I have in the past, primarily, because I abhor "crowds", gay or any other kind. And if I did, that would be my civil right.
If you don't want to attend a "gay day" in a public park or recreation center, keep your posterior at home, and out of view. But keep your mouth closed on whether or not it's right for others to join "like-minded" people for a public excursion. Don't like gay cruises...don't go on one. Like married couple cruises, cruise your posterior off. Judgemental and hypocritical just irks me to no end.
And if you are bothered by the heat, get your posterior out of the darn kitchen. Freedom of speech, notwithstanding.

I can indict a whole community if I want!!! My civil right! Same as yours.

Gays can go anywhere they want. I don't care, but why do they have to proclaim it as a "gay day"??? We were in Florida and planned to visit Disney World but found out it was gay days. Decided to spend our time and money elsewhere.

You are the intolerant one. You won't accept that someone doesn't agree with you. Hey, I'm not bothered by the heat at all. I have great air conditioning! I have gotten quite a chuckle over this in fact.

But, I do have a dinner engagement so let's hurry this up!
socalgolfguy

Reply Wed 29 Aug, 2007 04:53 pm
@aaronssongs,
mom- see what I mean..?
0 Replies

westernmom

Reply Wed 29 Aug, 2007 04:55 pm
@aaronssongs,
SoCal,

I do! It's rather fun!

But, I gotta run. I need to go plan our annual "Let's Celebrate White, Straight Sex Days" at our local public park!
socalgolfguy

Reply Wed 29 Aug, 2007 05:01 pm
@westernmom,
westernmom;33639 wrote:
SoCal,

I do! It's rather fun!

But, I gotta run. I need to go plan our annual "Let's Celebrate White, Straight Sex Days" at our local public park!

Cool, next year, I wanna be on the invite list.
0 Replies

aaronssongs

Reply Wed 29 Aug, 2007 05:35 pm
@westernmom,
westernmom;33636 wrote:
I can indict a whole community if I want!!! My civil right! Same as yours.

Gays can go anywhere they want. I don't care, but why do they have to proclaim it as a "gay day"??? We were in Florida and planned to visit Disney World but found out it was gay days. Decided to spend our time and money elsewhere.

You are the intolerant one. You won't accept that someone doesn't agree with you. Hey, I'm not bothered by the heat at all. I have great air conditioning! I have gotten quite a chuckle over this in fact.

But, I do have a dinner engagement so let's hurry this up!

Since nothing is ever "black and white", but more "shades of gray"....your "blanket indictment", is testimony to your intolerance and lack of humanity, which flies in the face of your "alledged" morality. You are not moral, and you don't have a leg to stand upon.
So glad you decided to spend your vacation elsewhere, and left the gay folks, in peace...instead of feeling like they had to be pleasing you.
How am I intolerant? I am not censoring you, in any shape, form or fashion...but you'd have me exiled and restricted in being who I am...I'm not your "flag waving, overly effeminate, loud color wearing gay"....I am a man, who is in a committed relationship with another man, who is sharing a life of art, music, creativity, and humanity. Somehow, on some level, you find that threatening, aberrant, and disgusting. Get over it....we have been since the beginning of time, and we are not about to go anywhere. Acceptance is the best course of action...because tolerance and civil rights are on the way...and you cannot stop it. Why? Because it is the essence of freedom and a free society. Otherwise, stop being hypocritical, saying that you embrace freedom, and The American Way....European countries are so much more progressive and advanced than American culture...it's why they don't make such a big deal of it...but change is coming...just as soon as you dinosaurs die off.
Continue not accepting me...and I'll do the same. Capice?
aaronssongs

Reply Wed 29 Aug, 2007 05:40 pm
@westernmom,
westernmom;33639 wrote:
SoCal,

I do! It's rather fun!

Why do you need to celebrate what is shoved down our collective throats on a daily basis? Notice that she said, "white"....now, who can be identified as "racist"....as no one brought up race in the discussion of gays, hitherto.
0 Replies

Pinochet73

Reply Wed 29 Aug, 2007 06:21 pm
@westernmom,
westernmom;33633 wrote:
Oh, PS:

Aaron,

Gotcha beat -- mine died at 47, from cancer, in '83.:no:
0 Replies

Pinochet73

Reply Wed 29 Aug, 2007 06:24 pm
@aaronssongs,
"Being gay is not like having a disability! It is a lifestyle CHOICE."

The condition isn't a disability or a choice. It's genetic. Acting on it is a choice.
aaronssongs

Reply Wed 29 Aug, 2007 06:49 pm
@Pinochet73,
Pinochet73;33650 wrote:
"Being gay is not like having a disability! It is a lifestyle CHOICE."

The condition isn't a disability or a choice. It's genetic. Acting on it is a choice.

much like a straight man or woman choosing to have relations with another...quite natural, right? Because of the makeup of one's brain.
You cannot deny DNA....It's not a matter of choice....if it were, again, I ask, who would choose it, with all the accompanying hell and drama?
Pinochet73

Reply Wed 29 Aug, 2007 07:36 pm
@aaronssongs,
aaronssongs;33654 wrote:
much like a straight man or woman choosing to have relations with another...quite natural, right? Because of the makeup of one's brain.
You cannot deny DNA....It's not a matter of choice....if it were, again, I ask, who would choose it, with all the accompanying hell and drama?

Agreed.:thumbup:
0 Replies

FedUpAmerican

Reply Wed 29 Aug, 2007 08:07 pm
@aaronssongs,
aaronssongs;33654 wrote:

aaron, dude shes poking you with a stick. don't oblige her.
0 Replies

westernmom

Reply Thu 30 Aug, 2007 08:42 am
@aaronssongs,
aaronssongs;33644 wrote:
Since nothing is ever "black and white", but more "shades of gray"....your "blanket indictment", is testimony to your intolerance and lack of humanity, which flies in the face of your "alledged" morality. You are not moral, and you don't have a leg to stand upon.
So glad you decided to spend your vacation elsewhere, and left the gay folks, in peace...instead of feeling like they had to be pleasing you.
How am I intolerant? I am not censoring you, in any shape, form or fashion...but you'd have me exiled and restricted in being who I am...I'm not your "flag waving, overly effeminate, loud color wearing gay"....I am a man, who is in a committed relationship with another man, who is sharing a life of art, music, creativity, and humanity. Somehow, on some level, you find that threatening, aberrant, and disgusting. Get over it....we have been since the beginning of time, and we are not about to go anywhere. Acceptance is the best course of action...because tolerance and civil rights are on the way...and you cannot stop it. Why? Because it is the essence of freedom and a free society. Otherwise, stop being hypocritical, saying that you embrace freedom, and The American Way....European countries are so much more progressive and advanced than American culture...it's why they don't make such a big deal of it...but change is coming...just as soon as you dinosaurs die off.

Aaron,

How can you say I am not moral? My morality is different than yours. I really don't give a hoot if you are gay. That is your personal choice. I respect the fact that you say that you are a gay man living in your relationship without fanfare.

It's the gay men who are out shoving it in our faces constantly that I object to. Why do I have to accept that? Why should advertising, events, etc. be targeted just towards gays? Why does it always have to be a big spectacle to announce what your sexual orientation is? Why not just participate in the 4th of July Parade and be done with it? Why have gay olympics? What is the purpose of that?

I am against anything that sets one group apart from another. Sexual, race, religion or otherwise.

Yes, I do ignore or avoid these situations. Like I said, I'm not one to go out and carry signs. I have never in my life been confrontational with a gay person. Even my daughter. We discuss her choices calmly.

It's much like religion. My grandparents were appalled when I left their religion to join another. Even though I made this choice and they wouldn't accept it, they still loved me and spent their retirement years living with us until they died. We just went our separate ways on religion.

I don't agree with some of the things being said here about dna, etc. That is my choice in not agreeing with these things. If that makes me intolerant, so be it. I also don't like smoking and won't allow anyone to do so in my home. Does that make me intolerant? I avoid public places where people are smoking. That's my choice as well.

You sir are the intolerant person because you cannot accept the fact that someone does not find your lifestyle acceptable. I addressed my comments to the gay world in general. If you took it personnally then perhaps you aren't as secure in your choice as you pretend to be.

People who look for ways to be offended by the comments and remarks of others will often find that they can be! Being open-mended is a two way street. Read the posts of those you don't agree with, shrug your shoulders, post your personal feelings about the subject at hand and avoid personal attacks on people who don't agree with you. That's being open-minded.

You could have addressed my post with the tone of: There are people in the gay community who blah, blah, blah. Instead you choose to take it to a personal level and attack. You will get back as good as you give!
aaronssongs

Reply Thu 30 Aug, 2007 09:16 am
@westernmom,
westernmom;33703 wrote:
Aaron,

How can you say I am not moral? My morality is different than yours. I really don't give a hoot if you are gay. That is your personal choice. I respect the fact that you say that you are a gay man living in your relationship without fanfare.
Precisely, "you don't" respect the fact that I am a gay man. By all that you have said? Please. You must take me for a fool. If that's respect, I would hate to see you at a funeral. And you're quite correct...your morality (or the lack thereof) is different from mine. I don't claim the moral high ground while living in a "glass house". I am an imperfect human being, working on improving, everyday? You?
It's the gay men who are out shoving it in our faces constantly that I object to. Why do I have to accept that? Why should advertising, events, etc. be targeted just towards gays? Why does it always have to be a big spectacle to announce what your sexual orientation is? Why not just participate in the 4th of July Parade and be done with it? Why have gay olympics? What is the purpose of that?
To answer your question, it's precisely because of people, like you, that make us feel like "the other", and because you, as a society, feel it's your bounden duty to continue to make us feel like we're "less than", and "abnormal", is why we fight, vehemently, to be included, in American "life", as you are included, in American life. Why should we hide because you don't want to see us...what if situations were reversed, and it was people like you, who were seen as the pariah? Ask yourself, why it has to be a big spectacle surrounding sexual orientation. Ask the Jews why they proclaim, "Never again". It's because hate can do such damage...that's why.

I am against anything that sets one group apart from another. Sexual, race, religion or otherwise.

Yes, I do ignore or avoid these situations. Like I said, I'm not one to go out and carry signs. I have never in my life been confrontational with a gay person. Even my daughter. We discuss her choices calmly.

Oh, really? I have been witness how calmly you discuss choices. I'm sure she feels so accepted by you.

It's much like religion. My grandparents were appalled when I left their religion to join another. Even though I made this choice and they wouldn't accept it, they still loved me and spent their retirement years living with us until they died. We just went our separate ways on religion.

You are a walking contradiction. You are just saying words, and not realizing the gravity of them.

I don't agree with some of the things being said here about dna, etc. That is my choice in not agreeing with these things. If that makes me intolerant, so be it. I also don't like smoking and won't allow anyone to do so in my home. Does that make me intolerant? I avoid public places where people are smoking. That's my choice as well.

Your right....however, it is not your right to dictate how other people choose to live their lives, and even less, for you to pass judgement.

You sir are the intolerant person because you cannot accept the fact that someone does not find your lifestyle acceptable. I addressed my comments to the gay world in general. If you took it personnally then perhaps you aren't as secure in your choice as you pretend to be.

Your opinion, which is patently wrong. You assume. You think yourself better than I, hence your public announcement of your disdain for things and people gay. You don't know me...don't pretend to.

People who look for ways to be offended by the comments and remarks of others will often find that they can be! Being open-mended is a two way street. Read the posts of those you don't agree with, shrug your shoulders, post your personal feelings about the subject at hand and avoid personal attacks on people who don't agree with you. That's being open-minded.

Again, you don't dictate policy. Open-mindedness (the word you were going for) is, indeed , a two way street. And, obviously, out of your scope.
I am open-minded, which allows me a "live and let live" approach, when it comes to dealing with straight people with Neanderthal ideas of the world.
I am accepting, and encourage all, to seek their own paths.

You could have addressed my post with the tone of: There are people in the gay community who blah, blah, blah. Instead you choose to take it to a personal level and attack. You will get back as good as you give!

Once again, you have demonstrated your intolerance and your hatred, and are so arrogant as to instruct me how to respond. You made it personal with your "blanket indictment", instead of being respectful of the fact that people think differently from you. And whatever!
0 Replies

westernmom

Reply Thu 30 Aug, 2007 10:08 am
@aaronssongs,
Now I'm a caveman...... And my opinions are patently wrong. Hmmmm... Opinions are subjective, not right or wrong. I consider your opinions just that, yours. Not mine. You have a right to have them and to express them.

Your assumptions on my life are so-off base but that is for you to grapple with. You make assumptions about my life and have no idea what it is like. You must be a very unhappy person being so persecuted and all.

Keep getting it off of your chest. I think it's making you feel better. My assumption about you would be that you are a person who reads each post looking for a point to be offended about and then ponces on them. You take the offenses personally so that gives the chance to air your grievances against all mankind because you have a "genetic disability" and have been scorned by society or something like that. But, on the other hand you say you no choice but to accept the way your life has gone. Possibly your problems in society haven't been your lifestyle but your personality?
aaronssongs

Reply Thu 30 Aug, 2007 12:50 pm
@westernmom,
westernmom;33722 wrote:
Now I'm a caveman...... And my opinions are patently wrong. Hmmmm... Opinions are subjective, not right or wrong. I consider your opinions just that, yours. Not mine. You have a right to have them and to express them.

Your assumptions on my life are so-off base but that is for you to grapple with. You make assumptions about my life and have no idea what it is like. You must be a very unhappy person being so persecuted and all.

Keep getting it off of your chest. I think it's making you feel better. My assumption about you would be that you are a person who reads each post looking for a point to be offended about and then ponces on them. You take the offenses personally so that gives the chance to air your grievances against all mankind because you have a "genetic disability" and have been scorned by society or something like that. But, on the other hand you say you no choice but to accept the way your life has gone. Possibly your problems in society haven't been your lifestyle but your personality?

Apparently, you seem to suffer from psychosis.
On the contrary, if you are unenlightened, and choose to remain that way, who am I, to try to remove you from your quandary? Ignorance is bliss.
Thank you for your permission to be me, unsolicited, though it may be.
Unhappy? I am at the happiest point of my life...I'm an accomplished musician and writer, and "seemingly" "in demand". If you doubt, check my MySpace page, under aaronssongs. Life is wonderful, despite those who would seek to darken skies.
The condition you charge is a "genetic disability", I see as a gift from God, because it is He who hath made us, and not we ourselves. God doesn't make mistakes. It is man that corrupts and thinks that he is better than others.
And based on the input of my friends and family, I don't worry about my personality, although I fear you might have a problem...perhaps your daughter is just being kind, by engaging you..."out of pity". Far more than I'd give you, you can be assured.
0 Replies

wvpeach

Reply Thu 30 Aug, 2007 12:56 pm
@aaronssongs,
Aaron you are a very eloquent writer!

I enjoyed this post.

I am very much a child of God. I walk in the way the Lord told us too as nearly as I can through this life.

But I agree we do not have the right to dictate how others live.

great post.

aaronssongs;33644 wrote: