Bible Party of the USA

xexon

Reply Sun 8 Mar, 2009 11:19 am
@Volunteer,
Volunteer;64415 wrote:
The laws were written to prohibit the new nation state from establishing a state religion. This was to allow citizens freedom of conscience in accordance with the idea of free will embodied in the Bible. It had nothing to do with restricting participation of Christians or any other group from participation in the making of public policy or the laws of the land. If you continue to assert things as true, provide facts that can be verified as support.

And you don't see your party as an encroachment of "Christian" values into the government?

I'm not worried about it happening, because pretty soon, this conservative Christian/Christian zionist lovefest in federal government will have it's back broken.

The zionists will be routed, and along the neocons, hung up by their scrotums as a warning to others not to walk this way.

Do you know why?

Because religion is going be be blamed for starting WWIII.

You'll find the survivors of it having little patience with your "beliefs".

x
Fatal Freedoms

Reply Sun 8 Mar, 2009 11:25 am
@Volunteer,
Volunteer;64416 wrote:
Say what you really mean.

You had trouble understanding the quote?
Volunteer

Reply Mon 9 Mar, 2009 06:48 am
@xexon,
xexon;64470 wrote:

The zionists will be routed, and along the neocons, hung up by their scrotums as a warning to others not to walk this way.

x

By you and whose army?

Stop hinding behind non-combatants and women and children. Oh I forgot, Islamists believe anyone should be sacrificed to further their agenda, as long as the person making the sacrifice is not them.

Nice talk for a supposedly "enlightened" entity. You seem to have a crisis of identity. On one hand you express a Hindusitic belief in all is one and nothing matters, on the other hand you side with the Islamic point of view. Do you know who you are? Maybe you do, but you spout non-sense and make threats to obfuscate your true purpose.
Fatal Freedoms

Reply Mon 9 Mar, 2009 07:16 am
@Volunteer,
Volunteer;64479 wrote:

Islamists believe anyone should be sacrificed to further their agenda, as long as the person making the sacrifice is not them.

Maybe you should contemplate on why this statement is wrong.

Quote:
On one hand you express a Hindusitic belief in all is one and nothing matters, on the other hand you side with the Islamic point of view.

Supporting the Palestinians does not require having Islamic views.
Volunteer

Reply Mon 9 Mar, 2009 09:00 am
@Fatal Freedoms,
Fatal_Freedoms;64480 wrote:
Maybe you should contemplate on why this statement is wrong.

What is your evidence that shows the statement is wrong?

Quote:
Supporting the Palestinians does not require having Islamic views.

You seem to be implying several things.

You are correct in the aspect that the people who claim palestinian heritage are people and deserve everything any other people deserve. You are incorrect in the aspect of their refusal to allow the same right to exist to Israel.

The Islamic view is that Israel should not exist. There are two sides to the conflict. For there to be peace both sides must want peace.

When one side vows to destroy the other side by running them into the sea or killing them all, then there can be no peace. The Islamists vow to kill all the people of Israel, even the people who are of arab descent if they are part of the country of Israel and support it.

Bottom-line is, is there a difference between supporting "the palestinians" as human beings and supporting the goals of their chosen government? This government (Fatah or Hamas) has the same goal as the world-wide Islamic goal. That goal is to rid the world of all who are not Islamic and in particular to rid the world of Christians and Jews or to enslave them.

In my opinion, if you support "the palestinians" you support their aims and the aims of their government. If those aims are the same as those of the Islamic world's spokesmen, then you hold Islamic views.

The effect of the actions and aims of the palestinian government is more war, violence, and hardship for their people. They, "the palestinians" choose this by choosing a government that instigates and insists on conflict. The fact that this causes hardship for "the palestinians" does not make another people responsible for their plight.
0 Replies

Volunteer

Reply Mon 9 Mar, 2009 09:01 am
@Fatal Freedoms,
Fatal_Freedoms;64471 wrote:
You had trouble understanding the quote?

No, I was asking you to use your own words to say what you mean. The quote was clear.
NotHereForLong

Reply Mon 9 Mar, 2009 09:46 am
@Volunteer,
Volunteer, you're making a false dichotemy. You're implying that we have to choose between supporting Israel's actions 100% or supporting the Palestinians actions 100%. We don't. You're also implying that all Palestinians (and Muslims in general) speak with one voice. They don't. You imply that they're unwilling to accept any compromise and that they want global conquest. The vast majority do not. Not only are these claims false. They are laughable.
xexon

Reply Mon 9 Mar, 2009 10:28 am
@Volunteer,
Volunteer;64479 wrote:
By you and whose army?

Stop hinding behind non-combatants and women and children. Oh I forgot, Islamists believe anyone should be sacrificed to further their agenda, as long as the person making the sacrifice is not them.

Nice talk for a supposedly "enlightened" entity. You seem to have a crisis of identity. On one hand you express a Hindusitic belief in all is one and nothing matters, on the other hand you side with the Islamic point of view. Do you know who you are? Maybe you do, but you spout non-sense and make threats to obfuscate your true purpose.

The real Armageddon isn't a war fought on the battlefield.

It is the displacement of belief by those who can see for themselves, independent of what others believe to be true.

It is belief, that will die on the battlefield.

You're on the front lines already, but you don't know it yet.

x
Fatal Freedoms

Reply Tue 10 Mar, 2009 05:46 am
@xexon,
xexon;64490 wrote:

It is the displacement of belief by those who can see for themselves, independent of what others believe to be true.

x

Does that include this belief?
0 Replies

Fatal Freedoms

Reply Tue 10 Mar, 2009 05:49 am
@Volunteer,
Volunteer;64483 wrote:
No, I was asking you to use your own words to say what you mean. The quote was clear.

There is no limit to the ills that will be inflicted upon society when one man's religion dictates the morals of other men.
xexon

Reply Tue 10 Mar, 2009 08:54 am
@Fatal Freedoms,
It includes this possibility.

People are sheeple. They follow the wagging tail in front of them for the most part. In order for them to make intelligent decisions about their fate, they need all manner of input.

Be it from the sage or village idiot, it all goes into the thinking machine that must ultimately make a decision about what to do.

A scale that is evenly balanced is more fair than one with a thumb on it. That thumb being the programming that takes place by people who need you to vote this a way or that. So they hammer their opinions into you via the media until their opinions become your own. Independent thinking is frowned upon.

I've watched this for decades. Simple formula. Highly effective. And people as in the dark as they were a 100 years ago.

Control what goes into a voting population, you control what comes out at the polls. Isn't democracy grand?

Like communism, it looks pretty good on paper. Nobody thought to factor in human weaknesses though. Greed being the perverter of democractic processes.

Right now, it's zionist Christians and Jews wanting to grab the helm of the US government. Greed, in the name of God.

That's a nasty demon in every age it's made an appearance in.

I understand the cure.

x
0 Replies

Volunteer

Reply Tue 10 Mar, 2009 10:27 am
@NotHereForLong,
NotHereForLong;64485 wrote:
Volunteer, you're making a false dichotemy. You're implying that we have to choose between supporting Israel's actions 100% or supporting the Palestinians actions 100%. We don't. You're also implying that all Palestinians (and Muslims in general) speak with one voice. They don't. You imply that they're unwilling to accept any compromise and that they want global conquest. The vast majority do not. Not only are these claims false. They are laughable.

If someone claims to speak for you, you can be silent and accept what they say or you can refute their speech.

Remaining silent implies consent. Speaking out against someone's speech who claims to speak for you allows you to be truthful when claiming they don't speak for you. While your points have validity, the silence also speaks.
0 Replies

Volunteer

Reply Tue 10 Mar, 2009 10:30 am
@xexon,
xexon;64490 wrote:

x

The battle lines were drawn in the garden and before. Why is it more US military members have stronger faith in Christianity than they did before going into the zones? The deceiver has deceived you into fighting on the wrong side. Of course, you already know this.
Volunteer

Reply Tue 10 Mar, 2009 10:32 am
@Fatal Freedoms,
Fatal_Freedoms;64507 wrote:
There is no limit to the ills that will be inflicted upon society when one man's religion dictates the morals of other men.

That is true. That is why we have a pluralistic society. That is why excluding Jews and Christians from the public debate and policy formation or reformation is dangerous.
Fatal Freedoms

Reply Tue 10 Mar, 2009 11:01 am
@Volunteer,
Volunteer;64518 wrote:
That is true. That is why we have a pluralistic society. That is why excluding Jews and Christians from the public debate and policy formation or reformation is dangerous.

So that they can dictate the morals of the non-jews and non-christians?
NotHereForLong

Reply Tue 10 Mar, 2009 01:43 pm
@Volunteer,
"If someone claims to speak for you, you can be silent and accept what they say or you can refute their speech. Remaining silent implies consent. Speaking out against someone's speech who claims to speak for you allows you to be truthful when claiming they don't speak for you. While your points have validity, the silence also speaks."

It's hard to figure out what you're saying. Are you claiming that the Palestinians don't speak out against the extremists? If that's your argument, this is my response.

1) There are some Palestinians, and some Muslims, who do speak out against it. What makes you think there aren't?

2) Just because a person doesn't speak out against something doesn't mean they agree with it. They might think their opinion won't change anything. Or they might speak out against something a bunch of times, but then get tired of it falling on deaf ears.

3) It's true that Palestinians and Muslims are fixated on what Israeli does wrong, and they don't pay enough attention to their own wrongdoings. But guess what? The same is true in reverse. In fact, you epitomize this perfectly- an American Christian or Jew who's fixated on what the Palestinians do wrong, but who ignores Israeli wrongdoings. Nothing's more ironic than someone like you criticizing Muslims for not paying attention to the splinter in their eye.

4) A majority of Palestinians support suicide bombings. However, an overwhelming majority also support an end to suicide bombings if a fair peace deal is negotiated. So, simply telling them not to be violent has no chance of working. But a peace deal that addresses both sides' legitimate grievances does. And i think the same is probably true in reverse. Most Israelis would probably be willing to make concessions if they thought it would end the terrorism.

Yet, you portray the situation as if your side is right and the other side is wrong, and the other side isn't willing to make any concessions. You portray it as if it's black and white, but all i've seen you base these beliefs on are generalizations, simplifications, and bias. Thus, I think you're probably just a cheerleader for the side you relate to the most (which in this case happens to be the modern, Democratic Judeo Christian side).

People like you are a hindrance to peace. I approach the issue as a pragmatist; not as a cheerleader.
NotHereForLong

Reply Tue 10 Mar, 2009 01:59 pm
@Volunteer,
"If someone claims to speak for you, you can be silent and accept what they say or you can refute their speech."

I'm perfectly capable of refuting both your speech and Bin Laden's speech. Just because i reject one extreme viewpoint, that does not mean i have to support the other extreme viewpoint.
xexon

Reply Wed 11 Mar, 2009 01:04 am
@Volunteer,
Volunteer;64517 wrote:
The deceiver has deceived you into fighting on the wrong side. Of course, you already know this.

Golly. I was going to say the same to you.

You are on the wrong side. Politically AND spiritually.

Look at the poor state of politics AND religion in this country. You folks already had your chance and blew it. People are growing weary of the trouble you've caused in the world because of God and country.

Interest in organized religion is at an all time low. Interest in politics fares no better.

Because the leaderships of both have become corrupted and now represent corruption. That's is how people see you, and it's long overdue.

x
Volunteer

Reply Wed 11 Mar, 2009 07:26 am
@Fatal Freedoms,
Fatal_Freedoms;64521 wrote:
So that they can dictate the morals of the non-jews and non-christians?

Flip answer: Turn-about is fair play.

Not so flip: So they can participate in the discussion and be represented by people who believe as they do when it comes to a vote by the representative in the house or the senate. Yes, so they can shape the laws we all must live within.

Explain what is wrong with that when every other group that chooses to organize and do the same thing does so.
0 Replies

Volunteer

Reply Wed 11 Mar, 2009 07:29 am
@NotHereForLong,
NotHereForLong;64525 wrote:
"If someone claims to speak for you, you can be silent and accept what they say or you can refute their speech."

I'm perfectly capable of refuting both your speech and Bin Laden's speech. Just because i reject one extreme viewpoint, that does not mean i have to support the other extreme viewpoint.

Do you know me? No. Why do you call my views extreme?
0 Replies