@Volunteer,
Quote:
Are you a person of faith?

Very much so.
0 Replies

Tulip cv

Reply Mon 5 Feb, 2007 02:04 pm
@Volunteer,
l say you shouldn't mix business with pleasure, and likewise, you shouldn't mix religion with politics....
Red cv

Reply Mon 5 Feb, 2007 03:52 pm
@Volunteer,
I agree Tulip, I prefer that the two shall never meet.
0 Replies

Dmizer

Reply Mon 5 Feb, 2007 03:58 pm
@Volunteer,
Tulip,
That is something that we can agree on! well said.
0 Replies

Professor Chaos

Reply Tue 6 Feb, 2007 01:09 pm
@Volunteer,
Scary, scary stuff. How people could be so intellectually deficient to join such a party never ceases to amaze and sadden me.
Volunteer

Reply Tue 6 Feb, 2007 06:00 pm
@Tulip cv,
Tulip;10273 wrote:
l say you shouldn't mix business with pleasure, and likewise, you shouldn't mix religion with politics....

Nice opinion, Why?
Volunteer

Reply Tue 6 Feb, 2007 06:04 pm
@Professor Chaos,
Professor Chaos;10344 wrote:
Scary, scary stuff. How people could be so intellectually deficient to join such a party never ceases to amaze and sadden me.

Professor of chaos, promotes and maintains chaos. Why?
Tulip cv

Reply Tue 6 Feb, 2007 06:46 pm
@Volunteer,
Quote:
Quote:
Originally stated by Tulip

Nice opinion, Why?
-volunteer

history is a great teacher...it is about human nature in regard to those things we get emotional about. If emotion gets in the way of rational thought you are making less logical, less rational decisions. In politics it is important to be as rational and as logical as possible to make difficult decissions based on rational and logical evidence, and historical pathology.
0 Replies

Drnaline

Reply Tue 6 Feb, 2007 07:00 pm
@Tulip cv,
Tulip;10273 wrote:
Don't you find your religous preference most of the time comes in direct line with your political beliefs? IMO you cannot separate religion from politics or the other way around.
0 Replies

Drnaline

Reply Tue 6 Feb, 2007 07:04 pm
@Professor Chaos,
Professor Chaos;10344 wrote:
Intellectually deficient? Define such a term and lets see how it applys to you? Saddem is how you will feel after i'm done with the comparison.
Drnaline

Reply Tue 6 Feb, 2007 07:06 pm
@Volunteer,
Volunteer;10386 wrote:
Professor of chaos, promotes and maintains chaos. Why?
Maybe because he is Intellectually deficient?
Tulip cv

Reply Tue 6 Feb, 2007 07:10 pm
@Volunteer,
Yes, l agree as a voter, because we all follow our values and ethics and in many of us {voters} this ties in with our religious belief. However, l think that as much as possible, even while the personal foundation of a leader might be religion, that it needs to be separate from politics.

Historically, religion has been used by leaders to build a kind of charisma so that in their piousness they are not questioned. This can be a danger. We see in Islam that religion is so intrenched in the government that everything hinges on it. People get passionate, inflamed, riots and violence erupts.

Now if religion is kept out of politics, sure you will see people get upset, but they strive to keep the issues rational and factual based.

I see it like hiring a lawyer. Now if you get emotionally involved with that lawyer, how will they be able to properly prepare you, to cross examine others that might be testifying against you, etc. etc.??? The case they are hired to defend will not be put in the proper frame and rational decision making will not be made, since emotions are involved.

This is similar because to a lot of people, at times of crisis, religion is just if not more passionate and vital to them.
0 Replies

Professor Chaos

Reply Tue 6 Feb, 2007 08:23 pm
@Drnaline,
Drnaline;10394 wrote:
Intellectually deficient? Define such a term and lets see how it applys to you? Saddem is how you will feel after i'm done with the comparison.

A great example of "Intellectually deficient" would be the spelling and grammar in the above quote.
Drnaline

Reply Tue 6 Feb, 2007 08:35 pm
@Professor Chaos,
Professor Chaos;10418 wrote:
A great example of "Intellectually deficient" would be the spelling and grammar in the above quote.
And the second attempt at a reply by some one who does not know the difference.
0 Replies

Tulip cv

Reply Tue 6 Feb, 2007 08:38 pm
@Volunteer,
Professor, do you have some anger issues? Because for the last, l don't know how many posts you are simply being non-contributory and down-right rude.
0 Replies

Drnaline

Reply Tue 6 Feb, 2007 09:22 pm
@Volunteer,
For some reason i can spot these way off in the distance. I use this time to take out some aggression on someone who is asking for it. YOu should try it, it's fun some times. Although not very PC.
0 Replies

USA All The Way

Reply Wed 7 Feb, 2007 06:57 am
@Tulip cv,
Tulip;10273 wrote:

I do believe we are all children of God. So therefore nothing changes, ever. We were not born separate from the church or government and we are all the same physically, SO how would chiurch and state be a separate body>?

You will all find out one day, and it comes to us all, that God thinks of his people as one, and unless you are saved you shall not see the gates of heaven, thats Biblical my friends like it or not.
0 Replies