Bible Party of the USA

Volunteer

Reply Mon 12 Feb, 2007 06:54 pm
@Tulip cv,
Curmudgeon

Reply Mon 12 Feb, 2007 06:59 pm
@Volunteer,
Can you make your case without every statement being a quote from scripture ? Can you express yourself in your own words ? It might make the message easier to get across to someone who is not versed in scripture , but wants to believe .
One of my problems with some is the continuous quoting and proseletyzing by means of such quotes . Maybe it is a result of growing up in the Methodist church without a lot of folderol attached to the message .
0 Replies

Volunteer

Reply Mon 12 Feb, 2007 07:11 pm
@Volunteer,
2 Timothy 3, “But know this: difficult times will come in the last days. For people will be lovers of self, lovers of money, boastful, proud, blasphemers, disobedient to parents, ungrateful, unholy, unloving, irreconcilable, slanderers, without self-control, brutal, without love for what is good, traitors, reckless, conceited, lovers of pleasure rather than lovers of God, holding to the form of religion but denying its power. Avoid these people!

For among them are those who worm their way into households and capture idle women burdened down with sins, led along by a variety of passions, always learning and never able to come to a knowledge of the truth. Just as Jannes and Jambres resisted Moses, so these also resist the truth, men who are corrupt in mind, worthless in regard to the faith. But they will not make further progress, for their lack of understanding will be clear to all, as theirs was also.

But you have followed my teaching, conduct, purpose, faith, patience, love, and endurance, along with the persecutions and sufferings that came to me in Antioch, Iconium, and Lystra. What persecutions I endured! Yet the Lord rescued me from them all. In fact, all those who want to live a godly life in Christ Jesus will be persecuted. Evil people and imposters will become worse, deceiving and being deceived. But as for you, continue in what you have learned and firmly believed, knowing those from whom you learned, and that from childhood you have known the sacred Scriptures, which are able to instruct you for salvation through faith in Christ Jesus. All Scripture is inspired by God and is profitable for teaching, for rebuking, for correcting, for training in righteousness, so that the man of God may be complete, equipped for every good work.
0 Replies

Volunteer

Reply Mon 12 Feb, 2007 07:11 pm
@Volunteer,
Good night and may God bless you.
0 Replies

Curmudgeon

Reply Mon 12 Feb, 2007 07:26 pm
@Volunteer,
So I guess the answer to my question is no .
0 Replies

Tulip cv

Reply Mon 12 Feb, 2007 07:36 pm
@Volunteer,
Thanks for saying what l was thinking...Cur, gesh, what is wrong with you volunteer...do you really think that we are without bibles?
0 Replies

markx15

Reply Tue 13 Feb, 2007 10:16 am
@Volunteer,
Personally I like using a few quotes from the bible now and then, they get the message across pretty well, but you guys are right, it gets tiring to read scripture non stop, I wonder Volunteer thinks about the social and political issues of america and the world? Or isn't that covered in the bible?
Professor Chaos

Reply Tue 13 Feb, 2007 10:23 am
@Volunteer,
Nothing reveals the absurdity of Christianity like the Bible. The amazing thing is that after reading such nonsense, people still believe it!
0 Replies

markx15

Reply Tue 13 Feb, 2007 10:33 am
@Volunteer,
Do you even understand what faith is?
Drnaline

Reply Tue 13 Feb, 2007 11:01 am
@Volunteer,
If anything he has faith in creating chaos.
0 Replies

Professor Chaos

Reply Tue 13 Feb, 2007 11:54 am
@markx15,
markx15;10842 wrote:
Do you even understand what faith is?

Why don't you go ahead and enlighten me.
0 Replies

Tulip cv

Reply Tue 13 Feb, 2007 12:20 pm
@Volunteer,
don't bother, professor schitzoprenia is not enlightenable....

Quote:
Personally I like using a few quotes from the bible now and then, they get the message across pretty well, but you guys are right, it gets tiring to read scripture non stop, I wonder Volunteer thinks about the social and political issues of america and the world? Or isn't that covered in the bible?

I agree Mark, a few now and then are fascinating, my great grandmother used to open the bible and pick out a quote for others when they were in turmoil and it would always give enlightenment...l do this all the time...try it.

the bible was meant to give guidance and comfort to people, so a few verses are nice, in my mind...I just don't understand how some people want to shove their views down other people's throats...Jesus didn't ever do this, he just asked us to be like children.
Professor Chaos

Reply Tue 13 Feb, 2007 12:36 pm
@Tulip cv,
Tulip;10857 wrote:

I agree Mark, a few now and then are fascinating, my great grandmother used to open the bible and pick out a quote for others when they were in turmoil and it would always give enlightenment...l do this all the time...try it.

You're right! Truly the bible is filled with enlightening verses! Here's one:

20:12 And if a man lie with his daughter in law, both of them shall surely be put to death: they have wrought confusion; their blood shall be upon them.
0 Replies

Ann cv

Reply Tue 13 Feb, 2007 01:13 pm
@Volunteer,
Quotations from the Bible, with respect, do not neccessarily MEAN anything to most people. It is always what YOU the person says, the thoughts and feelings YOU have which can change others' minds. The Bible was written by so many different authors, and the OT is full of blood and thunder, in other words the history of the Jewish Nation with the Egyptians, the Syrians, the Persians and the rest thrown in for good measure, and the NT takes the gentler more forgiving path, but still only other people's feelings and points of view and recorded historical facts with a great deal of fiction thrown in.

There is a God for everyone - no discrimination - no threats - no anger - Smile so, if you want to try to persuade me to become a Born Again Christian, (and many have tried and failed) Smile try doing this with your own voice.

Ann
0 Replies

Red cv

Reply Tue 13 Feb, 2007 01:37 pm
@Volunteer,
I usually stay out of "God" threads, I tried to read the bible but there were so many tee thy and thous in it and well I got board. I have strong faith but I practice my faith in a quiet way.
0 Replies

markx15

Reply Tue 13 Feb, 2007 05:18 pm
@Volunteer,
Faith is believeing without asking for proof, because that idea will help you during your time as human on Earth, yes it is blind, but it is a choice, not an obligation, if "God" were to come himself do you think there would be a choice? No, it would have to be accepted. Acceptance is not enough, it shows no fortitude, no strength of will, it gives no self-dignity. You are looking to accept an undeniable idea, I prefer to believe in a plausible one.
0 Replies

Volunteer

Reply Sun 18 Feb, 2007 04:13 pm
@Volunteer,
"All Scripture is inspired by God and is profitable for teaching, for rebuking, for correcting, for training in righteousness, so that the man of God may be complete, equipped for every good work.”

Red, Read a modern translation of the Bible or Torah, one that doesn’t try to change the words or context to fit some ideological agenda. If you need a reading plan that keeps you interested, start at the beginning of the Gospel of John, read to the end of Revelation; start again at the beginning of the Gospel of Matthew, read to the end of Revelation; then start from Genesis and read through to the end of Revelation.

Others, You’ll find the Bible is internally consistent and accurate from beginning to end. Prove the Bible wrong. You can’t. Many have tried and been unsuccessful over a period of six thousand years or more.

In the words of the web site at: Who Wrote The Bible?

“God does not leave us with just claims of His divine handiwork in the Bible, but also supports it with compelling evidence. The design of the Bible itself is a miracle. Written over more than 1,500 years by vastly different writers, yet every book in the Bible is consistent in its message. These 66 books talk about history, prophecy, poetry, and theology. Despite their complexity, differences in writing styles and vast time periods, the books of the Bible agree miraculously well in theme, facts and cross-referencing. No human beings could have planned such an intricate combination of books over a 1,500-year time span. Bible manuscripts (remember, there were no printing presses until 1455) have survived despite weather, persecution and time. Most ancient writings written on weak materials like papyrus have vanished all together. Yet many copies of the Old Testament scriptures survived. For instance, the Dead Sea Scrolls contain all books of the Old Testament, except Esther, and have been dated to before the time of Christ. Consider Julius Caesar’s Gallic Wars. Only ten copies written about 1,000 years after the event are in existence. In comparison, there are over 24,000+ New Testament manuscripts, the earliest one dating to within 24 years after Christ.”
0 Replies

Volunteer

Reply Sun 18 Feb, 2007 04:47 pm
@Volunteer,
Ann,

Not trying to persuade anyone to be a born again Christian. The purpose of the Bible Party of the United States of America is to honor God's Word. Membership will be for Jews or Christians who believe the Bible (Torah) is God's Word and wish to honor it by representing it in the public policy forum.

Great Britain or the "United Kingdom" is a different country/set of countries. They were founded and developed through different processes and influenced by different forces and factors. That isn't the issue. If you choose to leave the UK and come to the USA, you will find a difference. That difference is based in the beliefs that were prevalent at the time among the populace of the colonies and used by our founding fathers to shape our government.
0 Replies

Volunteer

Reply Sun 18 Feb, 2007 05:00 pm
@Volunteer,
John 4:48, “Jesus told him, “Unless you people see signs and wonders you will not believe.”"
0 Replies

Volunteer

Reply Sun 18 Feb, 2007 05:12 pm
@Volunteer,
0 Replies