Bible Party of the USA

Volunteer

Reply Sun 18 Feb, 2007 05:34 pm
@Volunteer,
Professor,

Hope you aren't really patterning yourself after Seneca. May God bless you and help you to turn from that course if you have that intent.

This passage explains the result of chaos. Chaos comes from people doing what’s right in their own minds. If it’s right in your mind that doesn’t mean it’s right in another’s. The other pursues their idea of what’s right and so forth, eventually there is chaos. Where does chaos originate? Who wants chaos? Not the Creator. There is someone else who does want chaos because chaos makes hearing and living by God’s Word a real challenge.

Isaiah 24, “Look, the LORD is stripping the earth bare and making it desolate. He will twist its surface and scatter its inhabitants: people and priest alike, servant and master, female servant and mistress, buyer and seller, lender and borrower, creditor and debtor.

The earth will be stripped completely bare and will be totally plundered, for the LORD has spoken this message.

The earth mourns and withers; the world wastes away and withers; the exalted people of the earth waste away.

The earth is polluted by its inhabitants, for they have transgressed teachings, overstepped decrees, and broken the everlasting covenant.

Therefore a curse has consumed the earth, and its inhabitants have become guilty; the earth's inhabitants have been burned, and only a few survive.

The new wine mourns; the vine withers. All the carousers now groan.

The joyful tambourines have ceased. The noise of the jubilant has stopped. The joyful lyre has ceased.

They no longer sing and drink wine; beer is bitter to those who drink it.

The city of chaos is shattered; every house is closed to entry.

In the streets they cry for wine. All joy grows dark; earth's rejoicing goes into exile.

Only desolation remains in the city; its gate has collapsed in ruins.

For this is how it will be on earth among the nations: like a harvested olive tree, like a gleaning after a grape harvest.

They raise their voices, they sing out; they proclaim in the west the majesty of the LORD.

Therefore in the east honor the LORD! In the islands of the west [honor] the name of the LORD, the God of Israel.

From the ends of the earth we hear songs: The Splendor of the Righteous One. But I said, "I waste away! I waste away! Woe is me." The treacherous act treacherously; the treacherous deal very treacherously. Terror, pit, and snare [await] you who dwell on the earth.

Whoever flees at the sound of terror will fall into a pit, and whoever escapes from the pit will be caught in a snare. For the windows are opened from above, and the foundations of the earth are shaken.

The earth is completely devastated; the earth is split open; the earth is violently shaken.

The earth staggers like a drunkard and sways like a hut. Earth's rebellion weighs it down, and it falls, never to rise again.

On that day the LORD will punish the host of heaven above and kings of the earth below.

They will be gathered together like prisoners in a pit. They will be confined to a dungeon; after many days they will be punished.

The moon will be put to shame and the sun disgraced, because the LORD of Hosts will reign as king on Mount Zion in Jerusalem, and He will [display His] glory in the presence of His elders."
Volunteer

Reply Sun 18 Feb, 2007 05:38 pm
@markx15,
markx15;10837 wrote:
I wonder Volunteer thinks about the social and political issues of america and the world? Or isn't that covered in the bible?

Every social and political issue in the world and in all of creation is addressed in the Word of God.
0 Replies

Tulip cv

Reply Mon 19 Feb, 2007 07:52 am
@Volunteer,
oh brother...
0 Replies

Volunteer

Reply Sun 25 Feb, 2007 04:00 pm
@Volunteer,
Yes, we can all be brothers.
0 Replies

markx15

Reply Sun 25 Feb, 2007 04:13 pm
@Volunteer,
Volunteer are you saying that all of your views are those literally writen in the Bible?
Volunteer

Reply Mon 26 Feb, 2007 05:04 pm
@markx15,
markx15;11442 wrote:
Volunteer are you saying that all of your views are those literally writen in the Bible?

Negative. You asked if social and political issues associated with america and the world are addressed in the Bible. The answer to that question is yes.

The Bible Party of the United States of America is for the United States, not for the other countries on the American continents, north or south. Party members will be responsible for knowing the Bible/Torah, interpreting it, and voting accordingly to address issues in the United States. The United States of America is a sovereign country. The Bible Party would not address issues in the rest of the world except as they have an impact on United States citizens or the security and national interests of the United States.
0 Replies

markx15

Reply Mon 26 Feb, 2007 07:38 pm
@Volunteer,
Volunteer, there is no debate if I can glean all your answears from a book that isn't 2 feet away from me.Now, if you would answear out of your own words. Why do you think this party would help the USA? How would you as a representative of this party, at least on this forum, address the issue of the Iraqi war? What would be your stance regarding terrorist organizations? Every country affects others around it in one manner or another, that globalization, you can't thrive in this world without a solid foreign relation policy, how does your party plan to protect itself from money grabbing countries trying to suffocate the american economy? That is what we need to know.
rhopper3

Reply Tue 27 Feb, 2007 12:24 pm
@Volunteer,
Can anyone give an example of a theocratic society/government that was not violent agressive and in the end self desutructive. Religion can be a unifying force in society and it has its place to be sure but in government it is a dangerous thing...
markx15

Reply Tue 27 Feb, 2007 12:37 pm
@Volunteer,
Tibet, not agressive at all, quite the oposite, but in the end self-destructive.
Dmizer

Reply Tue 27 Feb, 2007 03:15 pm
@Volunteer,
The point is moot, As it turns out Jesus really didn't ascend into heaven after all. They found his and his families bones in Jim Camerons Suitcase! So that whole Bible thing is a waste of paper.
0 Replies

Volunteer

Reply Tue 27 Feb, 2007 07:20 pm
@markx15,
markx15;11462 wrote:
Volunteer, there is no debate if I can glean all your answears from a book that isn't 2 feet away from me.Now, if you would answear out of your own words. Why do you think this party would help the USA? How would you as a representative of this party, at least on this forum, address the issue of the Iraqi war? What would be your stance regarding terrorist organizations? Every country affects others around it in one manner or another, that globalization, you can't thrive in this world without a solid foreign relation policy, how does your party plan to protect itself from money grabbing countries trying to suffocate the american economy? That is what we need to know.

It isn't a political party yet. It's an idea and a draft charter.

Why would a Brazilian citizen need to know?
0 Replies

Volunteer

Reply Tue 27 Feb, 2007 07:24 pm
@rhopper3,
rhopper3;11479 wrote:
Can anyone give an example of a theocratic society/government that was not violent agressive and in the end self desutructive. Religion can be a unifying force in society and it has its place to be sure but in government it is a dangerous thing...

Examine the danger and its source. We aren't talking about a theocracy. We're talking about a political party working within a constitutional governmental system and process. Why would electing people who believe in the Judeo-Christian world view be dangerous? Who would it be dangerous to, its citizens or some outside entity?

Name a government in the history of the world that was a representative democracy whose majority was Christian that was dangerous to its neighbors.
0 Replies

Volunteer

Reply Tue 27 Feb, 2007 07:25 pm
@markx15,
markx15;11482 wrote:
Tibet, not agressive at all, quite the oposite, but in the end self-destructive.

The United States of America ain't Tibet. Judaism and Christianity are not eastern religions. The Bible explains a nation state's responsibility to its citizens and inhabitants.
0 Replies

Volunteer

Reply Tue 27 Feb, 2007 07:27 pm
@markx15,
markx15;11462 wrote:
Volunteer, there is no debate if I can glean all your answers from a book that isn't 2 feet away from me.

Reach your arm out; open the book; and go ahead and glean, it might be enlightening.

A good reading plan is to start with the Gospel of John and read to the end of Revelation. Then start with the Gospel of Matthew and read to the end of Revelation. Then start at the beginning, Genesis, and read all the way through.
0 Replies

markx15

Reply Tue 27 Feb, 2007 07:30 pm
@Volunteer,
I am also an American resident, and the general demografic of this forum is american, I ask because I am interested, you can answear however you like. Personally I don't believe it will work out the way you imagine, for a simple reason. The writing and teachings of the Bible, while some are absolute, others apply only to the time and values of the age in which it was written, our society is incomparable to that of the first years AC. So you will have to create policy that is not addressed directly in the Bible, that goes against the entire foundation of the party, that can't happen if you wish to remain objective.
Volunteer

Reply Tue 27 Feb, 2007 07:39 pm
@markx15,
markx15;11499 wrote:
So you will have to create policy that is not addressed directly in the Bible, that goes against the entire foundation of the party, that can't happen if you wish to remain objective.

All societies are the same because they are made up of human beings. Only the technology and self-importance changes. As a resident, you should embrace this type of party.

The Bible encourages the children of Israel to live according to the Bible. It requires leaders to establish policy based on the Word of God. How is that not objective?

It cautions that good government rewards the righteous and bad government corrects backsliders. That's not an exact quote.
0 Replies

markx15

Reply Tue 27 Feb, 2007 07:49 pm
@Volunteer,
Quote:
All societies are the same because they are made up of human beings.

Yes, but human values fluxuate depending on the needs of the age.

Quote:
The Bible encourages the children of Israel to live according to the Bible. It requires leaders to establish policy based on the Word of God. How is that not objective?

I understand were your getting at, but I cannot take it for granted that the Bible is the one true word of God, especially after it has been revised and most likely modified by the Catholic Church.

Quote:
It cautions that good government rewards the righteous and bad government corrects backsliders.

What kind of reward? and how do you correct those who are misguided?
markx15

Reply Tue 27 Feb, 2007 07:50 pm
@Volunteer,
Quote:
Reach your arm out; open the book; and go ahead and glean, it might be enlightening.

A good reading plan is to start with the Gospel of John and read to the end of Revelation. Then start with the Gospel of Matthew and read to the end of Revelation. Then start at the beginning, Genesis, and read all the way through.

I'll do that, if you allow me to bring my questions to you.
Volunteer

Reply Wed 28 Feb, 2007 06:14 pm
@markx15,
markx15;11504 wrote:
I'll do that, if you allow me to bring my questions to you.

OK

If you are interested, there is another forum to participate in if volunteer is not available for an extended period. BibleForums Christian Message Board and Forums - powered by Webnet77
0 Replies

Volunteer

Reply Wed 28 Feb, 2007 06:41 pm
@markx15,
markx15;11503 wrote:
Yes, but human values fluxuate depending on the needs of the age.

I understand were your getting at, but I cannot take it for granted that the Bible is the one true word of God, especially after it has been revised and most likely modified by the Catholic Church.

What kind of reward? and how do you correct those who are misguided?

Human values may fluctuate, but God and His Word are unchanging.

The Bible is independent of the Catholic Church. The Bible is the Word of God. The Catholic Church is a human construct just like any religion.

The church catholic is the body of Christ. Its guide is the Word of God. It is independent of religion.

When the Bible is purposely miss-translated the translator answers to a higher power. Rv 22:18-19, “I testify to everyone who hears the prophetic words of this book: If anyone adds to them, God will add to him the plagues that are written in this book. And if anyone takes away from the words of this prophetic book, God will take away his share of the tree of life and the holy city, written in this book.”

Rm 13:4, “For rulers are not a terror to good conduct, but to bad. Do you want to be unafraid of authority? Do good and you will have its approval. For government is God’s servant to you for good. But if you do wrong, be afraid, because it does not carry the sword for no reason. For government is God’s servant, an avenger that brings wrath on the one who does wrong.”

In the Bible Party, the system of checks built into the roles of each element of the organizational structure will provide the mechanisms for correction or ejection of party members.
0 Replies