Bible Party of the USA

Volunteer

Reply Mon 30 Apr, 2007 02:23 pm
@92b16vx,
Text of the significant portions of the Hate Crimes Act:

110th CONGRESS

1st Session

H. R. 1592
To provide Federal assistance to States, local jurisdictions, and Indian tribes to prosecute hate crimes, and for other purposes.

IN THE HOUSE OF REPRESENTATIVES

March 20, 2007
Mr. CONYERS (for himself, Mr. KIRK, Mr. FRANK of Massachusetts, Mr. SHAYS, Ms. BALDWIN, Ms. ROS-LEHTINEN, Mr. NADLER, Mrs. BONO, Mr. ABERCROMBIE, Mr. ACKERMAN, Mr. ALLEN, Mr. ANDREWS, Mr. ARCURI, Mr. BACA, Mr. BAIRD, Mr. BECERRA, Ms. BERKLEY, Mr. BERMAN, Mrs. BIGGERT, Mr. BISHOP of New York, Mr. BLUMENAUER, Ms. BORDALLO, Mr. BOSWELL, Mr. BRADY of Pennsylvania, Mr. BRALEY of Iowa, Ms. CORRINE BROWN of Florida, Mrs. CAPPS, Mr. CAPUANO, Mr. CARNAHAN, Ms. CARSON, Mr. CASTLE, Mr. COHEN, Mr. COSTA, Mr. COURTNEY, Mr. CROWLEY, Mr. CUMMINGS, Mr. DAVIS of Illinois, Mrs. DAVIS of California, Mr. DEFAZIO, Ms. DEGETTE, Mr. DELAHUNT, Ms. DELAURO, Mr. DINGELL, Mr. DOGGETT, Mr. DOYLE, Mr. ELLISON, Mr. EMANUEL, Mr. ENGEL, Mr. FARR, Mr. FATTAH, Mr. FILNER, Mr. GERLACH, Ms. GIFFORDS, Mr. GONZALEZ, Mr. GENE GREEN of Texas, Mr. GRIJALVA, Mr. HASTINGS of Florida, Mr. HIGGINS, Mr. HINCHEY, Ms. HIRONO, Mr. HODES, Mr. HOLT, Mr. HONDA, Ms. HOOLEY, Mr. INSLEE, Mr. ISRAEL, Ms. JACKSON-LEE of Texas, Ms. EDDIE BERNICE JOHNSON of Texas, Mr. KAGEN, Mr. KENNEDY, Mr. KILDEE, Mr. KIND, Mr. KLEIN of Florida, Mr. KUCINICH, Mr. KUHL of New York, Mr. LANGEVIN, Mr. LARSON of Connecticut, Ms. LEE, Mr. LEVIN, Mr. LEWIS of Georgia, Mr. LOEBSACK, Ms. ZOE LOFGREN of California, Mrs. LOWEY, Mr. LYNCH, Mrs. MALONEY of New York, Mr. MARKEY, Ms. MATSUI, Ms. MCCOLLUM of Minnesota, Mr. MCDERMOTT, Mr. MCGOVERN, Mr. MCNULTY, Mr. MEEHAN, Mr. MICHAUD, Mr. MILLER of North Carolina, Mr. GEORGE MILLER of California, Ms. MOORE of Wisconsin, Mr. MOORE of Kansas, Mr. MORAN of Virginia, Mr. MURPHY of Connecticut, Mr. PATRICK J. MURPHY of Pennsylvania, Mrs. NAPOLITANO, Ms. NORTON, Mr. OLVER, Mr. PALLONE, Mr. PASCRELL, Mr. PASTOR, Mr. PAYNE, Mr. ROTHMAN, Ms. ROYBAL-ALLARD, Ms. LINDA T. SANCHEZ of California, Ms. SCHAKOWSKY, Mr. SCHIFF, Ms. SCHWARTZ, Mr. SCOTT of Virginia, Mr. SERRANO, Ms. SHEA-PORTER, Mr. SHERMAN, Mr. SIRES, Mr. SKELTON, Ms. SLAUGHTER, Mr. SMITH of Washington, Mr. STARK, Ms. SUTTON, Mrs. TAUSCHER, Mr. THOMPSON of California, Mr. TIERNEY, Mrs. JONES of Ohio, Mr. UDALL of Colorado, Mr. UDALL of New Mexico, Mr. VAN HOLLEN, Ms. WASSERMAN SCHULTZ, Ms. WATSON, Mr. WAXMAN, Mr. WEINER, Mr. WEXLER, Ms. WOOLSEY, Mr. WU, and Mr. WYNN) introduced the following bill; which was referred to the Committee on the Judiciary

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

A BILL
To provide Federal assistance to States, local jurisdictions, and Indian tribes to prosecute hate crimes, and for other purposes.

Be it enacted by the Senate and House of Representatives of the United States of America in Congress assembled,

SECTION 1. SHORT TITLE.

This Act may be cited as the `Local Law Enforcement Hate Crimes Prevention Act of 2007'.

SEC. 2. FINDINGS.

Congress makes the following findings:

(1) The incidence of violence motivated by the actual or perceived race, color, religion, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, or disability of the victim poses a serious national problem.

(2) Such violence disrupts the tranquility and safety of communities and is deeply divisive.

(3) State and local authorities are now and will continue to be responsible for prosecuting the overwhelming majority of violent crimes in the United States, including violent crimes motivated by bias. These authorities can carry out their responsibilities more effectively with greater Federal assistance.

(4) Existing Federal law is inadequate to address this problem.

(5) A prominent characteristic of a violent crime motivated by bias is that it devastates not just the actual victim and the family and friends of the victim, but frequently savages the community sharing the traits that caused the victim to be selected.

(6) Such violence substantially affects interstate commerce in many ways, including the following:

(A) The movement of members of targeted groups is impeded, and members of such groups are forced to move across State lines to escape the incidence or risk of such violence.

(B) Members of targeted groups are prevented from purchasing goods and services, obtaining or sustaining employment, or participating in other commercial activity.

(C) Perpetrators cross State lines to commit such violence.

(D) Channels, facilities, and instrumentalities of interstate commerce are used to facilitate the commission of such violence.

(E) Such violence is committed using articles that have traveled in interstate commerce.

(7) For generations, the institutions of slavery and involuntary servitude were defined by the race, color, and ancestry of those held in bondage. Slavery and involuntary servitude were enforced, both prior to and after the adoption of the 13th amendment to the Constitution of the United States, through widespread public and private violence directed at persons because of their race, color, or ancestry, or perceived race, color, or ancestry. Accordingly, eliminating racially motivated violence is an important means of eliminating, to the extent possible, the badges, incidents, and relics of slavery and involuntary servitude.

(8) Both at the time when the 13th, 14th, and 15th amendments to the Constitution of the United States were adopted, and continuing to date, members of certain religious and national origin groups were and are perceived to be distinct `races'. Thus, in order to eliminate, to the extent possible, the badges, incidents, and relics of slavery, it is necessary to prohibit assaults on the basis of real or perceived religions or national origins, at least to the extent such religions or national origins were regarded as races at the time of the adoption of the 13th, 14th, and 15th amendments to the Constitution of the United States.

(9) Federal jurisdiction over certain violent crimes motivated by bias enables Federal, State, and local authorities to work together as partners in the investigation and prosecution of such crimes.

(10) The problem of crimes motivated by bias is sufficiently serious, widespread, and interstate in nature as to warrant Federal assistance to States, local jurisdictions, and Indian tribes.

SEC. 3. DEFINITION OF HATE CRIME.

In this Act--

(1) the term `crime of violence' has the meaning given that term in section 16, title 18, United States Code;

(2) the term `hate crime' has the meaning given such term in section 280003(a) of the Violent Crime Control and Law Enforcement Act of 1994 (28 U.S.C. 994 note); and

(3) the term `local' means a county, city, town, township, parish, village, or other general purpose political subdivision of a State.

SEC. 7. PROHIBITION OF CERTAIN HATE CRIME ACTS.

(a) In General- Chapter 13 of title 18, United States Code, is amended by adding at the end the following:

`Sec. 249. Hate crime acts

`(a) In General-

`(1) OFFENSES INVOLVING ACTUAL OR PERCEIVED RACE, COLOR, RELIGION, OR NATIONAL ORIGIN- Whoever, whether or not acting under color of law, willfully causes bodily injury to any person or, through the use of fire, a firearm, or an explosive or incendiary device, attempts to cause bodily injury to any person, because of the actual or perceived race, color, religion, or national origin of any person--

`(A) shall be imprisoned not more than 10 years, fined in accordance with this title, or both; and

`(B) shall be imprisoned for any term of years or for life, fined in accordance with this title, or both, if--

`(i) death results from the offense; or

`(ii) the offense includes kidnaping or an attempt to kidnap, aggravated sexual abuse or an attempt to commit aggravated sexual abuse, or an attempt to kill.

`(2) OFFENSES INVOLVING ACTUAL OR PERCEIVED RELIGION, NATIONAL ORIGIN, GENDER, SEXUAL ORIENTATION, GENDER IDENTITY, OR DISABILITY-

`(A) IN GENERAL- Whoever, whether or not acting under color of law, in any circumstance described in subparagraph (B), willfully causes bodily injury to any person or, through the use of fire, a firearm, or an explosive or incendiary device, attempts to cause bodily injury to any person, because of the actual or perceived religion, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or disability of any person--

`(i) shall be imprisoned not more than 10 years, fined in accordance with this title, or both; and

`(ii) shall be imprisoned for any term of years or for life, fined in accordance with this title, or both, if--

`(I) death results from the offense; or

`(II) the offense includes kidnaping or an attempt to kidnap, aggravated sexual abuse or an attempt to commit aggravated sexual abuse, or an attempt to kill.

`(B) CIRCUMSTANCES DESCRIBED- For purposes of subparagraph (A), the circumstances described in this subparagraph are that--

`(i) the conduct described in subparagraph (A) occurs during the course of, or as the result of, the travel of the defendant or the victim--

`(I) across a State line or national border; or

`(II) using a channel, facility, or instrumentality of interstate or foreign commerce;

`(ii) the defendant uses a channel, facility, or instrumentality of interstate or foreign commerce in connection with the conduct described in subparagraph (A);

`(iii) in connection with the conduct described in subparagraph (A), the defendant employs a firearm, explosive or incendiary device, or other weapon that has traveled in interstate or foreign commerce; or

`(iv) the conduct described in subparagraph (A)--

`(I) interferes with commercial or other economic activity in which the victim is engaged at the time of the conduct; or

`(II) otherwise affects interstate or foreign commerce.

`(b) Certification Requirement- No prosecution of any offense described in this subsection may be undertaken by the United States, except under the certification in writing of the Attorney General, the Deputy Attorney General, the Associate Attorney General, or any Assistant Attorney General specially designated by the Attorney General that--

`(1) such certifying individual has reasonable cause to believe that the actual or perceived race, color, religion, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, or disability of any person was a motivating factor underlying the alleged conduct of the defendant; and

`(2) such certifying individual has consulted with State or local law enforcement officials regarding the prosecution and determined that--

`(A) the State does not have jurisdiction or does not intend to exercise jurisdiction;

`(B) the State has requested that the Federal Government assume jurisdiction;

`(C) the State does not object to the Federal Government assuming jurisdiction; or

`(D) the verdict or sentence obtained pursuant to State charges left demonstratively unvindicated the Federal interest in eradicating bias-motivated violence.

`(c) Definitions- In this section--

`(1) the term `explosive or incendiary device' has the meaning given such term in section 232 of this title;

`(2) the term `firearm' has the meaning given such term in section 921(a) of this title; and

`(3) the term `gender identity' for the purposes of this chapter means actual or perceived gender-related characteristics.

`(d) Rule of Evidence- In a prosecution for an offense under this section, evidence of expression or associations of the defendant may not be introduced as substantive evidence at trial, unless the evidence specifically relates to that offense. However, nothing in this section affects the rules of evidence governing impeachment of a witness.'.

(b) Technical and Conforming Amendment- The analysis for chapter 13 of title 18, United States Code, is amended by adding at the end the following:

`249. Hate crime acts.'.
Volunteer

Reply Mon 30 Apr, 2007 02:38 pm
@Volunteer,
The Hate Crimes Act talks about slavery and ending modern slavery as though that was the purpose of the act. If that were the issue, then it would also address sexual slavery extant in the US.

Both of these acts add a qualifier to laws currently on the books. The current laws are meant to prevent or punish perpetrators. Has there been an issue witrh enforcement of existing laws? If so, why not correct those laws?

Next we'll be adding people who think they came from another planet to the list of things to protect with an additional class of law.

If this law stands, then our country will begin to legislate concerning other thoughts, ideas, and suggestions.
0 Replies

Volunteer

Reply Mon 30 Apr, 2007 02:58 pm
@Volunteer,
Actually, having no distinction between the genders would not create the need for more washrooms. It would save money by reducing the need. If there is no gender, there is no need for more than one type of washroom. Why have a mens room if there is no distinction between men and women? Why have a womens room if there is no distinction between men and women or if someone can make up their own gender on a whim?

If there is no gender, then when someone is accused of being gender biased, they can claim the person who is accusing them of being gender biased becuase they don't understand their gender and have a bias against it. What gender you ask? The one I just created. You have a problem with that? Oh, Oh! Better not touch me or I'll have you arrested for assault and battery and double-charged under the hate crimes act. You won't get out for ten years because that is the minimum sentence. Too bad for you.

Down is up and up is down and you can't prove what I say isn't true because what's true for you doesn't have to be true for me and you can't say anything about it or I'll have the police lock you up for being hateful.

Now, how much sense does that make?
0 Replies

Volunteer

Reply Mon 30 Apr, 2007 03:15 pm
@Volunteer,
Guard your heart above all else, for it is the source of life.
0 Replies

92b16vx

Reply Mon 30 Apr, 2007 03:26 pm
@Volunteer,
Volunteer;14230 wrote:
Negative. I want to remain free to teach my children and grandchildren and with God's grace, their children God's Word. I want other members of the Body of Christ to have the same freedom. I want to have the freedom to spread the Gospel.

What is happening here isn't agression from me or people who believe as I do, it is agression from people who want to restrict God's Word. In the Bible, this is called the spirit of the anti-Christ. This is why these people wish to silence people who quote the Bible.

Obviously, you were educated in an environment that did not believe the phrase, "Sticks and stones can break my bones, but words can never hurt me." Otherwise, you wouldn't be so adamant about restricting my freedom to speak.

I already said I don't don't give a **** about you and your freedom of speech. You can say all you want, as long as it doesn't infringe on others freedom and happiness, when it does you are no longer in the right no matter what your story book says. You are having quite a time grasping that for someone that wants to seem so enlightened.
Volunteer

Reply Mon 30 Apr, 2007 03:36 pm
@92b16vx,
92b16vx;14253 wrote:
I already said I don't don't give a *** about you and your freedom of speech. You can say all you want, as long as it doesn't infringe on others freedom and happiness, when it does you are no longer in the right no matter what your story book says. You are having quite a time grasping that for someone that wants to seem so enlightened.
Silverchild79

Reply Mon 30 Apr, 2007 03:38 pm
@92b16vx,
Volunteer;14253 wrote:
What is happening here isn't agression from me or people who believe as I do, it is agression from people who want to restrict God's Word. In the Bible, this is called the spirit of the anti-Christ. This is why these people wish to silence people who quote the Bible.

This is the biggest problem with Christianity. The lack of tolerance for other people point of views. Nobody can give their ideas to a Christian if they're not Christian, because then it's an "Attack on Christianity". That's complete vanity, to think the average Atheist is even mildly concerned with the state of the Christian populace is paranoia, they couldn't care less, that's why they're atheists.

Christians need to learn that we live in a small world where many different people have many different ideas and learn to agree to disagree. Just because someone sees things a little differently then you doesn't mean they're filled with the "spirit of the Anti-Christ"
Volunteer

Reply Mon 30 Apr, 2007 03:51 pm
@Silverchild79,
Silverchild79;14255 wrote:
This is the biggest problem with Christianity. The lack of tolerance for other people point of views. Nobody can give their ideas to a Christian if they're not Christian, because then it's an "Attack on Christianity". That's complete vanity, to think the average Atheist is even mildly concerned with the state of the Christian populace is paranoia, they couldn't care less, that's why they're atheists.

Christians need to learn that we live in a small world where many different people have many different ideas and learn to agree to disagree. Just because someone sees things a little differently then you doesn't mean they're filled with the "spirit of the Anti-Christ"

You have it backwards. Christians are tolerant. The intolerance comes into being when a non-Christian wants to restrict someone who believes God's Word from professing it and spreading the Gospel.

1 John 2:15-29, “Do not love the world or the things that belong to the world. If anyone loves the world, love for the Father is not in him. Because everything that belongs to the world—the lust of the flesh, the lust of the eyes, and the pride in one's lifestyle—is not from the Father, but is from the world. And the world with its lust is passing away, but the one who does God's will remains forever.

Children, it is the last hour. And as you have heard, "Antichrist is coming," even now many antichrists have come. We know from this that it is the last hour. They went out from us, but they did not belong to us; for if they had belonged to us, they would have remained with us. However, they went out so that it might be made clear that none of them belongs to us.

But you have an anointing from the Holy One, and you all have knowledge. I have not written to you because you don't know the truth, but because you do know it, and because no lie comes from the truth. Who is the liar, if not the one who denies that Jesus is the Messiah? He is the antichrist, the one who denies the Father and the Son. No one who denies the Son can have the Father; he who confesses the Son has the Father as well.

What you have heard from the beginning must remain in you. If what you have heard from the beginning remains in you, then you will remain in the Son and in the Father. And this is the promise that He Himself made to us: eternal life. I have written these things to you about those who are trying to deceive you.

The anointing you received from Him remains in you, and you don't need anyone to teach you. Instead, His anointing teaches you about all things, and is true and is not a lie; just as it has taught you, remain in Him.

So now, little children, remain in Him, so that when He appears we may have boldness and not be ashamed before Him at His coming. If you know that He is righteous, you know this as well: everyone who does what is right has been born of Him.”
Volunteer

Reply Mon 30 Apr, 2007 04:23 pm
@Volunteer,
1 John 2:4-10, “This is how we are sure that we have come to know Him: by keeping His commands. The one who says, "I have come to know Him," without keeping His commands, is a liar, and the truth is not in him. But whoever keeps His word, truly in him the love of God is perfected. This is how we know we are in Him: the one who says he remains in Him should walk just as He walked.

Dear friends, I am not writing you a new command, but an old command that you have had from the beginning. The old command is the message you have heard. Yet I am writing you a new command, which is true in Him and in you, because the darkness is passing away and the true light is already shining.

The one who says he is in the light but hates his brother is in the darkness until now. The one who loves his brother remains in the light, and there is no cause for stumbling in him. But the one who hates his brother is in the darkness, walks in the darkness, and doesn't know where he's going, because the darkness has blinded his eyes.”
0 Replies

Pinochet73

Reply Mon 30 Apr, 2007 04:36 pm
@Volunteer,
"How you treat your fellow man and take care of those you are responsible for is the greatest moral yardstick there is...."

From a strictly secular perspective, why? How can you say that, without some sort of persuasive source backing you up? If not for the moralization of our Judeo-Christian heritage and religions, you might not feel that way.
0 Replies

Silverchild79

Reply Mon 30 Apr, 2007 04:38 pm
@Volunteer,
Volunteer;14256 wrote:
You have it backwards. Christians are tolerant. The intolerance comes into being when a non-Christian wants to restrict someone who believes God's Word from professing it and spreading the Gospel.

I'm sorry, the mistake was mine. I mean accepting not tolerant. Christians only, completely, accept other Christians.

Would you accept a homosexual teaching sexual education in a public school?

Or a Buddhist teaching world Religion

Yet we live in a country were sexual orientation and choice of religion are things we do not discriminate against.

Volunteer;14256 wrote:
Children, it is the last hour. And as you have heard, "Antichrist is coming," even now many Antichrists have come. We know from this that it is the last hour. They went out from us, but they did not belong to us; for if they had belonged to us, they would have remained with us. However, they went out so that it might be made clear that none of them belongs to us.

Christians have thought the last days were upon us for oh, say, the last 2000 years. Every generation has had it's probable candidates for the Anti Christ, from Nero (who most actually fits the biblical description of the beast and who exiled the author of revelation) to Bin Laden. With Hitler in between...

Volunteer;14256 wrote:
Who is the liar, if not the one who denies that Jesus is the Messiah? He is the antichrist, the one who denies the Father and the Son. No one who denies the Son can have the Father; he who confesses the Son has the Father as well.

That is a Christian philosophy that has no basis in our secular government. People who would rule our country with a Bible are no different then people who would seek to rule us under Islamic law. The fact that ti's your flavor of choice makes no difference.

Should slaves treat there masters with respect and work hard for them?
Should Women not be allowed to speak in Church?
Should Women be forced to cover their head?
Should we in the future not intervene as we did in 1991 when Iraq invaded Kuwait (remember "resist not evil")

These also number among the Laws of the New Testament
Willie cv

Reply Mon 30 Apr, 2007 05:01 pm
@Silverchild79,
Quote:
The purpose of this party is to organize believing Christians and Jews for participation in the public policy development of the United States of America (USA).

The goal of this participation will be to honor God by influencing the institutions and government of the USA to return to the principles it was founded upon; those that are provided for all humanity by God Almighty: the God of Abraham, Isaac, and Israel. We believe these are the only principles upon which true freedom can stand and endure.

If you believe the same, please put your faith into action. Please click the link above and review the draft charter.

If you agree with the charter and will affirm those beliefs, please send your contact information to:

[email][email protected][/email].

May God bless you and keep you and your family.

Okay, so like is this that we are to support nuclear war in the middle east if Israel wants it?
Volunteer

Reply Mon 30 Apr, 2007 05:09 pm
@Silverchild79,
Silverchild79;14271 wrote:
I'm sorry, the mistake was mine. I mean accepting not tolerant. Christians only, completely, accept other Christians.

Would you accept a homosexual teaching sexual education in a public school?
So, you see homosexuals as non-Christian? No, the reason a fox enters a hen house is to kill and eat the hens. The reason a homosexual teaches sexual education is to recruit homosexuals.

Quote:

Or a Buddhist teaching world Religion
World religion? yes.

Quote:

Yet we live in a country were sexual orientation and choice of religion are things we do not discriminate against.
Bad assertion. Both are discriminated against.

Quote:

Christians have thought the last days were upon us for oh, say, the last 2000 years. Every generation has had it's probable candidates for the Anti Christ, from Nero (who most actually fits the biblical description of the beast and who exiled the author of revelation) to Bin Laden. With Hitler in between...
Man knows not the day or the hour. Absent from the body, present with the Lord. Once to die and then the judgement. Your last day could be today. Mine also.

Quote:

That is a Christian philosophy that has no basis in our secular government. People who would rule our country with a Bible are no different then people who would seek to rule us under Islamic law. The fact that ti's your flavor of choice makes no difference.
That's your opinion. That doesn't square with the facts or history.

Quote:
Should slaves treat there masters with respect and work hard for them?
Yes. However, Gl 5:1, “Christ has liberated us into freedom. Therefore stand firm and don’t submit again to a yoke of slavery.”
Quote:
Should Women not be allowed to speak in Church?
Mary and Martha spoke.
Quote:
Should Women be forced to cover their head?
No, unless they are in a hard hat or combat zone.
Quote:

Should we in the future not intervene as we did in 1991 when Iraq invaded Kuwait (remember "resist not evil")
You misquote the reference to resisting evil. Read the rest of the Bible to get a better idea of the context of that passage.
Volunteer

Reply Mon 30 Apr, 2007 05:14 pm
@Willie cv,
Willie;14279 wrote:
Okay, so like is this that we are to support nuclear war in the middle east if Israel wants it?

Israel may already have nuclear weapons. They may have had them for years. Have they used them?

Why is nuclear war in southwest asia an issue today? Could it be that Iran/Persia is pursuing a nuclear arsenal with the intent to obliterate Israel? Should Israel wait for the missiles to rain? Would we?
0 Replies

Silverchild79

Reply Mon 30 Apr, 2007 05:29 pm
@Volunteer,
Volunteer;14283 wrote:
So, you see homosexuals as non-Christian? No, the reason a fox enters a hen house is to kill and eat the hens. The reason a homosexual teaches sexual education is to recruit homosexuals.

ROFL! recruit Homosexuals? Have you lost it man? Gay teachers teach to educate! period. Do straight teachers teach to recruit hetersexuals? Not everything is done as another way to recruit people, it's not a religion

Volunteer;14283 wrote:
Bad assertion. Both are discriminated against.

Not legally, you can't murder people in this country either, but it happens. Your point is irrelevant

Volunteer;14283 wrote:
That's your opinion. That doesn't square with the facts or history.

So I would assume the 18th century colonial criminal system in New England that put men in stocks in public square for not going to chuch, and the inquisition (which executed people for not being chirstian) are likewise only my opinion and not historical fact right? sure...

Volunteer;14283 wrote:
Yes. However, Gl 5:1, “Christ has liberated us into freedom. Therefore stand firm and don’t submit again to a yoke of slavery.”

way to (conveiniantly) mis read your own bible! Christ "freed" the world from sin in the Bible, not slavery. That's what that scripture pertains to and nothing besides

Volunteer;14283 wrote:
Mary and Martha spoke.

No, unless they are in a hard hat or combat zone.

Both of these are in violation of 1st Corinthians, nothing like educating a Christian about his own Bible. Still don't buy it? Do some research on head covering fo women, it's all over the chruch in early Europe. it wasn't even widely abandoned until 100 years ago or so.

Volunteer;14283 wrote:
You misquote the reference to resisting evil. Read the rest of the Bible to get a better idea of the context of that passage.

I know the sermon well enough thank you. That passage deals with pacifism, you're quite the manipulator aren't you
Volunteer

Reply Mon 30 Apr, 2007 05:42 pm
@Silverchild79,
Silverchild79;14285 wrote:
ROFL! recruit Homosexuals? Have you lost it man? Gay teachers teach to educate! period. Do straight teachers teach to recruit hetersexuals? Not everything is done as another way to recruit people, it's not a religion.

You asked if I would accept homosexuals teaching sexual education in a public school. I said no.

You did not indicate if the individual was or was not a certified teacher. However, it doesn't matter. I could accept homosexuals teaching other subjects, not sexuality. Homosexuality is a type of religion, it has the attributes.
Silverchild79

Reply Mon 30 Apr, 2007 05:47 pm
@Volunteer,
Volunteer;14286 wrote:
You asked if I would accept homosexuals teaching sexual education in a public school. I said no.

You did not indicate if the individual was or was not a certified teacher. However, it doesn't matter. I could accept homosexuals teaching other subjects, not sexuality. Homosexuality is a type of religion, it has the attributes.

wow, your views borderline on radical. Homosexuality as a religion? And of course a teacher, what else did you think I meant?

Your not a member of westboro baptist church are you? lol

I personally don't care what an educators sexual preference is, straight or gay, my children should never know. Look at all the teacher student child rape cases, there's practically a new one every month. And the vast majority of them are hetero teachers. Being straight doesn't qualify you to have the moral fiber to teach.
Volunteer

Reply Mon 30 Apr, 2007 05:48 pm
@Silverchild79,
Not legally, you can't murder people in this country either, but it happens. Your point is irrelevant

Discrimination is legal and government supported against Christians nowadays. It hasn't gotten very far yet, because Christians are fighting back.

Discrimination against homosexuals is also legal and government supported. Can a homosexual be open and a member of the armed forces? Why?

Now, what does murder have to do with this discussion?

Make it short we are nearing my bed time.
0 Replies

Volunteer

Reply Mon 30 Apr, 2007 05:51 pm
@Silverchild79,
Silverchild79;14287 wrote:
wow, your views borderline on radical. Homosexuality as a religion? And of course a teacher, what else did you think I meant?

Your not a member of westboro baptist church are you? lol

I personally don't care what an educators sexual preference is, straight or gay, my children should never know. Look at all the teacher student child rape cases, there's practically a new one every month. And the vast majority of them are hetero teachers. Being straight doesn't qualify you to have the moral fiber to teach.

Never said it did. Teachers should be certified and periodically recertified. They should be accountable for their students' academic performance. If you are a teacher, that should screw you into the roof.
0 Replies

Volunteer

Reply Mon 30 Apr, 2007 05:59 pm
@Silverchild79,
So I would assume the 18th century colonial criminal system in New England that put men in stocks in public square for not going to chuch, and the inquisition (which executed people for not being chirstian) are likewise only my opinion and not historical fact right? sure...

Are we in the 18th century colonial world? Are you really that obsessed with keeping Christians out of public discourse that you extrapolate an idea for a political party into a party that could gain such power that other parts of society would be unable to check the type of behavior you envision?

Get real lady. If this party ever behaved in that manner, the popular vote would kick it out of power. Remember, we live in a representative republic with a free press. We aren't in a monarchy or dictatorship.
0 Replies